HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:29 pm

OH nooooo!!!

Yes the oval was great and Mounts and Uraidla are the only scalps left.

We will only see Uraidla in the finals now - if we get there.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby has been » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Legs man I love your passion for your team. I love the way your A grade play but the rest of your club , well .............. As for beating Mt Barker and Uri's well we hope you can, but I doubt it. Cracka and Elma you actually have to train to play senior footy so maybe Daniel Philp would be a great player if he was committed and young Tommy Smith has struggled at times this year. Ironbank where actually trying to win B grade as well so Jarman can't win ? Tommy's time will come and he knows that. Once again shut ya mouths unless you know the full circumstance. Ironbank have turned over a full A grade team basically over the past 2 years and promoted youth and I think you will find 16-17 local players last week and we are a team that actually plays within the points rules........ As stated previously the club knows what needs to be done and don't be surprised if in 18 months all the knockers are eating their words.
has been
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:48 pm

The Panther wrote:Sorry to say Legs Man our canteen has run out of food on more than one occasion this year.

I was surprised how good the oval was though.

Echung have now ( I believe ) beaten all bar Mount Barker and Uraidla this year.

If canteens running out of food is the only complaint about a clubs facilities then I think you're doing OK. We had a heap of food leftover on Saturday as we had expected a bigger crowd against Uraidla, catering is a massive guessing game.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:51 pm

has been wrote:Legs man I love your passion for your team. I love the way your A grade play but the rest of your club , well .............. As for beating Mt Barker and Uri's well we hope you can, but I doubt it. Cracka and Elma you actually have to train to play senior footy so maybe Daniel Philp would be a great player if he was committed and young Tommy Smith has struggled at times this year. Ironbank where actually trying to win B grade as well so Jarman can't win ? Tommy's time will come and he knows that. Once again shut ya mouths unless you know the full circumstance. Ironbank have turned over a full A grade team basically over the past 2 years and promoted youth and I think you will find 16-17 local players last week and we are a team that actually plays within the points rules........ As stated previously the club knows what needs to be done and don't be surprised if in 18 months all the knockers are eating their words.

Sorry if I offended, was just joking as my smilie face should have indicated. Has Jarman actually trained though.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:02 am

has been wrote:Legs man I love your passion for your team. I love the way your A grade play but the rest of your club , well .............. As for beating Mt Barker and Uri's well we hope you can, but I doubt it. Cracka and Elma you actually have to train to play senior footy so maybe Daniel Philp would be a great player if he was committed and young Tommy Smith has struggled at times this year. Ironbank where actually trying to win B grade as well so Jarman can't win ? Tommy's time will come and he knows that. Once again shut ya mouths unless you know the full circumstance. Ironbank have turned over a full A grade team basically over the past 2 years and promoted youth and I think you will find 16-17 local players last week and we are a team that actually plays within the points rules........ As stated previously the club knows what needs to be done and don't be surprised if in 18 months all the knockers are eating their words.

Yes it will be a big ask against the 2 top sides who seem to be that level above the rest.

At this stage Echunga is pretty happy with the achievements to date but will keep striving to improve.

If we can play finals and avoid relegation it provides a good platform for building a future.

Unfortunately it is only the Senior Colts who are holding their own in the other grades but this will improve next season given the opportunity.

The crowd on Saturday was one of the biggest we have had this season and it seems a hard task judging how many will turn up on any given day.

Attendances are certainly more than Country div and drive revenue in all aspects of the club.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Champ » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 am

Judging by this post I think that LM's passion for his club is easily rivalled by yours...

At any rate, I think a lot of people are forgetting... Echunga were supposed to be the easy beats hacks of the comp and would never match it with anyone let alone even be a consideration for finals... Now they're in the five the attention has been turned to how bad their B'Grade are! Se3riously talk about rubbish! Their senior colts are 7th, junior colts 9th which in my opinion is not actually that bad considering they've come from a competition where you dont need to necessarily train to play and you have a bye every bloody fortnight. The b'grades another story but I dont see Onkas on here celebrating their b'grade success when their A's are sitting bottom so fair go you blokes.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby The Panther » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:56 am

We ( Echunga ) can carry the B grade thrashings this year, but we must improve in the years to come . Continual thrashings for the B grade could result in players leaving and an overall weakening of the club. The same goes with junior grades.

But Rome wasn't built in a day !
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby cracka » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Onkas play within the points rules also, which clubs dont?
As for shutting mouths "unless you know the full circumstance", most comments on here dont fall into that criteria, probably even some you have made.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Banker » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Its uncanny how closely Echunga are trending to Ironbanks 2002 season.

IB had a very strong A grade, but really struggled for numbers across juniors & B grade that year. Wasnt uncommon for the IB B grade coach to spend half his morning convincing U15s & 17s to play B grade :D
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby cracka » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Champ wrote:

Judging by this post I think that LM's passion for his club is easily rivalled by yours...

At any rate, I think a lot of people are forgetting... Echunga were supposed to be the easy beats hacks of the comp and would never match it with anyone let alone even be a consideration for finals... Now they're in the five the attention has been turned to how bad their B'Grade are! Se3riously talk about rubbish! Their senior colts are 7th, junior colts 9th which in my opinion is not actually that bad considering they've come from a competition where you dont need to necessarily train to play and you have a bye every bloody fortnight. The b'grades another story but I dont see Onkas on here celebrating their b'grade success when their A's are sitting bottom so fair go you blokes.

It might be the only thing we can hang our hats on, again. :(
cracka
Veteran

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:12 pm

Yes - unless you are blessed with lots of numbers at your club across all grades it is a struggle.

Particularly for the towns with a limited drawing power or population it seems cyclical.

Equity in this component of the HFL cannot be fixed with a points system or player payment cap.

All you can do is present a good environment and facilities that will hopefully draw people to your club.(and recruit aggressively of course)

OH - and who isn't playing within the points system - or are you just referring to some clubs having more points than others and the non level playing field this represents?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Justquietly » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Having not read the Budget, who's now looking at relegation, considering The Lions seem to be having a real dip? Is Bridgey back in the gun?
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:32 pm

My understanding without doing exact calculations is that TV, Bridgey and Echunga are all still vulnerable to relegation.

Echunga just need to maintain what they did in the first half of the season to avoid it though - having beaten both Ironbank and Lobey in the A's this time round.

This is assuming they beat Onkas away, Bridgey at home, and either TV or Blackwood away. (hope that makes sense)

Imagine if Mt Lofty replaced Bridgey in Central - that would be an interesting scenario to say the least.

I don't reckon the "money man" will let TV get relegated without a drawn out fight so this also represents an interesting future for the HFL again.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Tanka » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:47 pm

Legs Man wrote:My understanding without doing exact calculations is that TV, Bridgey and Echunga are all still vulnerable to relegation.

Echunga just need to maintain what they did in the first half of the season to avoid it though - having beaten both Ironbank and Lobey in the A's this time round.

This is assuming they beat Onkas away, Bridgey at home, and either TV or Blackwood away. (hope that makes sense)

Imagine if Mt Lofty replaced Bridgey in Central - that would be an interesting scenario to say the least.

I don't reckon the "money man" will let TV get relegated without a drawn out fight so this also represents an interesting future for the HFL again.

Pretty sure that if you read the HFL Constitution both sides that play in the Country Div Grand Final are eligible for promotion if they have nominated by the designated time. I think if its a Lofty Vs Nairne GF you may see 2 clubs seeking promotion and therefore 2 clubs heading to Country Div. Long way to go yet though.
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby cracka » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Justquietly wrote:Having not read the Budget, who's now looking at relegation, considering The Lions seem to be having a real dip? Is Bridgey back in the gun?

Yeah I think its between Torrens Valley, Bridgewater, Echunga & us (if our A's dont win another game).
cracka
Veteran

Postby Legs Man » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Tanka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:My understanding without doing exact calculations is that TV, Bridgey and Echunga are all still vulnerable to relegation.

Pretty sure that if you read the HFL Constitution both sides that play in the Country Div Grand Final are eligible for promotion if they have nominated by the designated time. I think if its a Lofty Vs Nairne GF you may see 2 clubs seeking promotion and therefore 2 clubs heading to Country Div. Long way to go yet though.

I think both teams from the Country GF can nominate but only 1 can go up.

Can anyone expand on this?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby jumbo20 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:09 pm

What ever happened to Vaughan?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby groovster » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:09 pm

Legs Man wrote:
Tanka wrote:

I think both teams from the Country GF can nominate but only 1 can go up.

Can anyone expand on this?

Only one country club can go up:

extract from the bylaws:

18.2.1.5 If two (2) Country Division clubs nominate, the club finishing in the
higher position and meeting all the necessary criteria, shall have
first preference

based on that if Lofty win Granny they are a dead cert to go up before anyone else gets a look in. Dependant of course if there is any changes to the relegation/promotion rules arising out of the review thats being undertaken at the moment
Last edited by groovster on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby groovster » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:11 pm

Any word yet on finals ovals for this year? Considering Balhannah had the granny last year and Lobey the year before (and Lobey potential for Grand Final appearance this year) whos next in line for a Grand final?
groovster
Mini-League

Postby groovster » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Clearly Im bored. Latest points for the battle of potential relegation:

141 Hahndorf
140 Ironbank
136 Lobey
123 Onkas
104 Bridgew
96 Echunga
81 T Valley

you would have to say it is between Echunga and Tvalley and maybe bridgewater. The rest I dare say are safe.
groovster
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy