SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby ROOBOY18 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:45 pm

X Runna wrote:
Kelso wrote:I've heard from sources(where he works) that the particular umpire for TOS ( guy with glasses) has it in for north haven and would do anything to see them lose.

Not only has it in for North Haven Kelso, the bloke is a deadset f**king cheat. Everyone knows it but for some reason he is allowed to get away with it.

Be careful what u say about umpires, even on here 8)
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby nicole » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:21 pm

he knows who you are Amber and he knows where you live
nicole
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:26 pm

They're being a bit harsh on you I feel.

I still love you :heart:

(slightly awkard given you're using a girls name - but I still love you ;) )
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:36 pm

nicole wrote:he knows who you are Amber and he knows where you live

Nice!!
Tell him errr her I will see them in a couple of weeks at the past players day......and its his/her shout for once.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2528 times

Postby Haynzy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:07 pm

There was a similar umpiring issue back in Div 7 a couple years ago, where the SAAFL appointed umpire was actually the Angle Vale umpire because of it being convenient for everyone except the opposition.

I think that enough people complained that SAAFL ended up stepping in and made him umpire neutral games, which affected their win/loss ratio from that point.
Haynzy
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:33 pm

I think the difference was there, was that he was actually a good umpire from accounts?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Boosh » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:05 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:
X Runna wrote:
Kelso wrote:I've heard from sources(where he works) that the particular umpire for TOS ( guy with glasses) has it in for north haven and would do anything to see them lose.

Not only has it in for North Haven Kelso, the bloke is a deadset f**king cheat. Everyone knows it but for some reason he is allowed to get away with it.

Be careful what u say about umpires, even on here 8)

Don't know who Kelso is and doubt what is said about someone he works with is true.

One 100% fact is that the umpire concerned is a cheat, there is no other way of looking at it.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby nicole » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:41 am

Havens were luck to get away with a draw , other clubs may not be so lucky , but keep in mind the cheat wont be in A5 next year his club will be playing in Div 6 :D
Second to botom at the moment three games clear of eighth team , feel sorry for Div 6 clubs .
Love you too FC xx if you are free on the 26th july you are welcome to the past players and trainers day . :twisted:
nicole
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Boosh » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:43 am

Not sure about the warped mind above but I have no hard feelings toward Trinity they seem like a good bunch of lads and they played well.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Boosh wrote:our B Grade umpire is supplied by the league and we pay a premium for that privilege I will admit he is complete muppet.
Are you telling us while we all have to find club umpires, you are getting your B grade umpire supplied by them (and criticising him at the same time)
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Postby Boosh » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:10 am

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:
Boosh wrote:our B Grade umpire is supplied by the league and we pay a premium for that privilege I will admit he is complete muppet.
Are you telling us while we all have to find club umpires, you are getting your B grade umpire supplied by them (and criticising him at the same time)

That's not at all what I am saying, I am saying we showed initiative and asked the league at the end of last season if they had any umpires looking for work then please let us know which they did. These umpires go to the highest bidder usually.

There are two lessons here.

We used initiative as we knew our umpire was retiring, I suggest you look into it as initiative can be an excellent tool.

The other is a market system, which is a mechanism for determining price. This will be of particular value to yourself as it is the cornerstone of our way of life.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Solid whack there Boosh, I like it
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:31 pm

Boosh wrote:
Old Dog New Tricks wrote:

That's not at all what I am saying, I am saying we showed initiative and asked the league at the end of last season if they had any umpires looking for work then please let us know which they did. These umpires go to the highest bidder usually.

There are two lessons here.

We used initiative as we knew our umpire was retiring, I suggest you look into it as initiative can be an excellent tool.

The other is a market system, which is a mechanism for determining price. This will be of particular value to yourself as it is the cornerstone of our way of life.
You've missed the point of my question. I simply asked why you would sh=t pot a bloke who is clearly doing you a favour when you didn't have an umpire in the first place. If we were to use the same initiative and be on the end of some assistance from the umps as you have and good on you for doing it, I'm pretty sure we'd be trying to make sure he'd come back next year given how hard these people are to come by but hey, your club.
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Postby HH3 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:37 pm

He's not "doing us a favour". He's getting paid to umpire. Exactly the same as the umps in the A's. So by your logic, no one can "sh=t pot" any umpire, ever.

Thats Boosh's opinion. He has lots of them, and most are pretty spot on.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby TOSSER » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:17 am

Congratulations to Matt Perry who becomes the first TOSFC player to reach 150 games and becomes the first life member of the club today!
TOSSER
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby Dols » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Image4 rounds left. Top 3 should win their next 3. Eliz win all 4. Round 18 havens and clg will decide top spot. Whoever wins, gets top spot. Fight for 5th will go down to the wire. Next weeks game between the parkland dwellers is massive. Down the bottom Trinity are a big chance to avoid relegation. Next week's game against Greenacres will decide Trinity's fate.

My final 5:

CLG
Elizabeth
NH
CBOC
Westminster

Relegation:

Para Hills and brahma
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:27 am

That draw, even if it was against a leading contender, is really going to hurt the TOSers. Hope they can find a way to stay up.

Keep rollin' Eagle boys, loving it.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:29 pm

Dols wrote:4 rounds left. Top 3 should win their next 3. Eliz win all 4. Round 18 havens and clg will decide top spot. Whoever wins, gets top spot. Fight for 5th will go down to the wire. Next weeks game between the parkland dwellers is massive. Down the bottom Trinity are a big chance to avoid relegation. Next week's game against Greenacres will decide Trinity's fate.

My final 5:

CLG
Elizabeth
NH
CBOC
Westminster

Relegation:

Para Hills and brahma

i wont be penciling in any games as wins or in the bag..they all need to be won on the day and the opposition treated with utmost respect..rd 18 may be pivotal yes, but there are 3 very important games to be played before that and if there are any mistakes then that game could be irrelevant anyway..we have 12 goals difference to make up on NHFC dols so why would you not back your own club to win?

thanks to WOSFC for a good hitout again..the game was very solid and physical but all played in good spirits as our matches tend to be..good luck in your quest to get in the top 5..i think they will just get in but the loss of sherwood is a big blow..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:That draw, even if it was against a leading contender, is really going to hurt the TOSers. Hope they can find a way to stay up.

Keep rollin' Eagle boys, loving it.

Hurt? Losing all of their other games has been what has hurt them. They may get thrown a lifeline, depending on the Kilburn status.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Dols » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:54 pm

zedman wrote:
Dols wrote:4 rounds left. Top 3 should win their next 3. Eliz win all 4. Round 18 havens and clg will decide top spot. Whoever wins, gets top spot. Fight for 5th will go down to the wire. Next weeks game between the parkland dwellers is massive. Down the bottom Trinity are a big chance to avoid relegation. Next week's game against Greenacres will decide Trinity's fate.

My final 5:

CLG
Elizabeth
NH
CBOC
Westminster

Relegation:

Para Hills and brahma

we have 12 goals difference to make up on NHFC dols so why would you not back your own club to win?

Don't you like being favourites Zed[WINKING FACE]
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League