Round 14 - Norwood v South @ Coopers Stadium (Fri N 18/7)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 14 - Norwood v South @ Coopers Stadium (Fri N 18/7

Postby blueandwhite » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:39 am

Certainly one of the more bizarre games Ive seen.
The game was virtually over at quarter time when Norwood were 8.0 to South 4 points. South just sat back and watched like witches hats and failed to contest at all in the first quarter. After quarter time i thought South were the better side . They were in control for large periods of the last 3 quarters but really failed to take advantage on the scoreboard. Eddy was active but failed to hit the scoreboard, he took a few marks but dropped plenty too, you do that when you try to mark with one hand. :roll:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Gozu » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:04 pm

I really enjoyed watching the stream of this game on YouTube last night even though the game was effectively over at quarter time.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby SimonH » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Even though the game itself wasn't match of the century, seeing SANFL live on YouTube is awesome.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby saintal » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:43 am

Crowd figure? Looked like about 2K on the live stream.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby robranisgod » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:29 pm

saintal wrote:Crowd figure? Looked like about 2K on the live stream.

They mentioned the crowd size in the last quarter of the live stream. It was somewhere around 2,400
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby norwood8 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:38 pm

blueandwhite wrote: Eddy was active but failed to hit the scoreboard, he took a few marks but dropped plenty too, you do that when you try to mark with one hand. :roll:

Eddy is a bloody good player and he'd be more than welcome at the Legs, but he had a stinker on Friday night. To be fair the delivery to all forwards was woeful, yet there were a number of times he'd go for a chest mark instead of sticking his hands out, which allowed the spoil to be made.

The difference for me, was a couple of hardened and experienced campaigners in Bode and Jeffries. These guys know how to react under pressure (like when South were pressing hard in the last half). If South can get a bit more experience into their key defenders, they'll learn how to withstand an attacking onslaught, like Norwood's first quarter. I don't think South are that far off being a contender.

Wilsons pace has become a little bit of a get out of jail card for us, it amazes me how he spends half the game on the pine.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby blueandwhite » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:22 pm

norwood8 wrote:
blueandwhite wrote: Eddy was active but failed to hit the scoreboard, he took a few marks but dropped plenty too, you do that when you try to mark with one hand. :roll:

Eddy is a bloody good player and he'd be more than welcome at the Legs, but he had a stinker on Friday night. To be fair the delivery to all forwards was woeful, yet there were a number of times he'd go for a chest mark instead of sticking his hands out, which allowed the spoil to be made.

The difference for me, was a couple of hardened and experienced campaigners in Bode and Jeffries. These guys know how to react under pressure (like when South were pressing hard in the last half). If South can get a bit more experience into their key defenders, they'll learn how to withstand an attacking onslaught, like Norwood's first quarter. I don't think South are that far off being a contender.

Wilsons pace has become a little bit of a get out of jail card for us, it amazes me how he spends half the game on the pine.

My reference to Eddy flying for marks onehanded ,was a thinly veiled reference to the fact that McGuiness on most occasions had a hold of the other one.
Eddy seemed to get his few marks and kicks far to far up the ground. I thought the umpiring was absolutely appalling, as did the commentators on radio. The Norwood crowd certainly rode the little green men to great effect.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Scrapboy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:30 pm

blueandwhite wrote:My reference to Eddy flying for marks onehanded ,was a thinly veiled reference to the fact that McGuiness on most occasions had a hold of the other one.
Eddy seemed to get his few marks and kicks far to far up the ground. I thought the umpiring was absolutely appalling, as did the commentators on radio. The Norwood crowd certainly rode the little green men to great effect.

^ I'll have what he's having
Scrapboy

Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL