HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Legs Man » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:12 am

Will do Groovster - and have been pushing this since we got the lights installed.

Hopefully we can get through this season without relegation.

It is a great spectacle under lights and seems to draw a good crowd.

Thanks for the clarification Pinarello.

Apparently we still need 2 x "focus" lights installed on each tower - which brighten the pitch area to have cricket standard lighting.

This is possible as provisions were put in place when the towers were installed.

We need a greater electricity capacity to achieve this though as there isn't enough power coming in - but it is something the club is exploring.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:58 am

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
cracka wrote:Agree the Callington surface will be the best come finals time but the facilities are not up to hosting a final, let alone the GF. I believe the Mt Barker council is going to spend a heap of money there over the summer to upgrade facilities which would then make it suitable for all finals. Definitely the best place to hold the modis carnivals though.

Surely it's the state of the surface that must be the prime factor for consideration when holding finals?

Ask the coaches and players what they want and I'm sure they'd say they want to play on a surface is large, flat and covered in grass. The fact that the Callington change rooms are from the 1960s wouldn't bother them. In fact, the Onkas and Hahndorf away rooms are similarly very basic.

The Callington Oval was good enough to host a Preliminary Final in 2013, with extra portable toilets brought in and a bar/bbq/canteen erected on the outer wing (again, exactly the same as to what Hahndorf do in finals).

I can understand if Lobethal and Callington have been overlooked as they had finals in 2013 and the HFL want to share the spoils, but can anyone remember when Hahndorf and/or Onkas have ever missed out on a final ??

All I'm saying is let the surface dictate where the finals are played (as it turns out, mother nature may take over anyway and force the hand of the HFL).

I haven't been in the Onkas away changerooms for a long time, long before the extensions, but doubt they are anywhere near as bad as Callington.

Spectator facilities also need to be taken into account.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby The Crimson Chin » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Legs Man wrote:While we are discussing ovals - how will Blackwood be after all the rain?

Does the wind dry it out enough or is it boggy?

Also - is there a dress code for their clubrooms? (we don't want Vic Jones to get refused entry - now do we)

It's a puddle club room end and a bog on the far end.
Wind might clear it up but still will be average.
So fun day to be had :D
The Crimson Chin
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby cracka » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:19 am

Just reading the Final Siren & good to see the HFL have advertised the review survey & asked for everyone to contribute.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Legs Man » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:20 am

Blackwood was certainly a bog in the top pocket and at the far end.

They were a better side than when we played them last time.

Without Herbert dropping back it would have been a bigger winning margin.

Interesting round with Bridgey winning, TV pushing Uraidla and Ironbank getting over Mount Barker.

Have Mt Barker weakened or were Ironbank vastly improved?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby The Panther » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:55 am

From what I heard Legsy ( I wasn't there) , Motlop really earned the dollars on saturday. That's the thing with having I guy like that . When they fire they can turn a game.

Bridgewater are close to the five. It would be great to see them scrape in . When was the last time the Raiders played finals ?
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby The Panther » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:59 am

Raiders last five games : Ironbank , Blackwood , Mt.Barker, Echunga and Uraidla.
The Panther
Under 16s

Postby groovster » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:14 pm

A very disappointing result on the score board for Hahndorf on the weekend.
Bridgewater I must say were very ordinary for most of the game. The fact that they still won by a comfortable margin makes the loss even more unbearable. Raiders arent finals material. Unlikely to win another game.
It was my first visit to Callington and will by my last! The only highlight was seeing some young kids being able to enjoy the modern play ground. The clubroom and change room... surely are subject to demolition, OHS and Food Inspection orders!
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Pinarello » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Couldn't agree more Groovster.... There seems to be a few people on here who talk up Callington. Sure the oval is big, and dry.... but the facilities are just plain awful. As for the food, I can't comment never been "brave enough" to buy any food down there. The magpies sure are struggling this season, with what can only be described as a very young team. Must be a bitter pill for the "lads in lederhosen" to swallow, as the town prides itself on the performance of the footballers.
Pinarello
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby groovster » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Pinarello wrote:Couldn't agree more Groovster.... There seems to be a few people on here who talk up Callington. Sure the oval is big, and dry.... but the facilities are just plain awful. As for the food, I can't comment never been "brave enough" to buy any food down there. The magpies sure are struggling this season, with what can only be described as a very young team. Must be a bitter pill for the "lads in lederhosen" to swallow, as the town prides itself on the performance of the footballers.

Thing is Pinarello, the oval wasnt dry. It was quite boggy (but not boggy like a blackwood, mt barker or heathfield) which was surprising. A bitter pill it is...the upside is with the 12-14 teenagers playing they are getting A Grade match experience which will bode well in the future. Missing experience. Finishing near the bottom hope that we get the first round picks in the draft !
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Champ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:11 pm

groovster wrote:
Pinarello wrote:Couldn't agree more Groovster.... There seems to be a few people on here who talk up Callington. Sure the oval is big, and dry.... but the facilities are just plain awful. As for the food, I can't comment never been "brave enough" to buy any food down there. The magpies sure are struggling this season, with what can only be described as a very young team. Must be a bitter pill for the "lads in lederhosen" to swallow, as the town prides itself on the performance of the footballers.

Thing is Pinarello, the oval wasnt dry. It was quite boggy (but not boggy like a blackwood, mt barker or heathfield) which was surprising. A bitter pill it is...the upside is with the 12-14 teenagers playing they are getting A Grade match experience which will bode well in the future. Missing experience. Finishing near the bottom hope that we get the first round picks in the draft !

Invest in your youngsters and building their brain matter and they'll be unstoppable, the problem is what affect will a tough season and heavy recruiting have on them come 2015? I say heavy recruiting because I can imagine an increase in points is on its way and the would think a proud club like the magpies would have some strong connections and possibly the means to climb back into the five as a priority?
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:16 pm

groovster wrote:A very disappointing result on the score board for Hahndorf on the weekend.
Bridgewater I must say were very ordinary for most of the game. The fact that they still won by a comfortable margin makes the loss even more unbearable. Raiders arent finals material. Unlikely to win another game.
It was my first visit to Callington and will by my last! The only highlight was seeing some young kids being able to enjoy the modern play ground. The clubroom and change room... surely are subject to demolition, OHS and Food Inspection orders!

Well....what a mean spirited post and proves that you're a very ungracious loser.

You might want to be careful when you start making allegations about OHS and food inspectors. Your comments are an afront to the hard working volunteers from Bridgewater and Callington who run a spotless bar, bbq and canteen.

As to the game, the independent patrons that I were with thought Hahndorf were lucky to be so close. The young Raiders had more teenagers than Hahndorf on the field and made you guys look second rate.

I admire Hahndorf for going with youth (Uraidla, Ironbank and Torrens Valley should take note), but if we saw the future of both clubs on the weekend, I know which one has the better outlook.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Mop Up » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Playing teenagers in the A Grade is probably cyclical with the strength and age of your junior grades.
Bridgy and Hahndy have had strong 17s the last few years and had good numbers graduate into seniors yet I dare say there won't be too many from this years BW 17s team playing A grade next year.

IB for example haven't had many come up from 17s due to their ages, but next year they are all too old and there is some talent there that will get a look in at A grade level.
Mop Up
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Can you guys let me know how much it costs to go watch a game?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mop Up » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:17 pm

$7
Mop Up
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Crimson Chin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:53 pm

As thing stand at the moment, the top 4 look pretty much sewn up but 5th spot is still up for grabs. 4 Teams are in contentious

- Ironbank (5th 6-7 46.85% 12pts)
-Blackwood (6th 6-7 46.72% 12pts)
-Bridgewater (7th 5-8 46.03% 10pts)
-Torrnes Valley(8th 4-9 49.38% 8pts)

These teams last 5 matches are against :

Ironbank: Bridgewater (H) Uraidla (A) Lobbie (H) Onka (A) Torrens Valley(H)
Blackwood: Barker (H) Bridgewater (A) Uraidla (H) Lobbie (A) Onka (H)
Bridgewater: Ironbank (A) Blackwood (H) Barker (A) Echunga (A) Uraidla (H)
Torrens Valley: Lobbie (H) Onka (A) Echunga (H) Hahndorf (A) Ironbank (A)

Going by form you would say Ironbank have it?? but bridgewater could be beat ironbank and blackwood. Also you would back them against a barker or echunga. Blackwood need to beat Bridgewater and cause an upset(fingers crossed). While torrens do need a miracle I reckon .

So looking at all that the more you think about Brigdey should make finals.

What do you think????
The Crimson Chin
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby Legs Man » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:40 am

I reckon you are around the mark with Ironbank being most likely to grab 5th.

At this stage I wouldn't back Bridgey against Echunga as they would need to turn around a 20 goal margin from last time which was at their home ground.

Any update on whether Mt Barker have dropped away a bit?

And have TV improved that much with O'Sullivan in now?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby The Panther » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:32 am

Looking at the remaining draw I wouldn't write Torrens Valley off , especially with a percentage 3 % better than the other 3 teams.

They would in my opinion start favourites against Onkas and Hahndorf.

50 / 50 with Ironbank ( depends on which Ironbank turns up )

And a rough chance against both Lobethal and Echunga.

Only seen T/Valley once this year against Echunga and after getting a head start they hung in there for 3 quarters.

If they do manage to pinch 5th - a few clubs would be looking over their shoulder.
The Panther
Under 16s

Postby Champ » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:59 pm

For TV to make the five they need to win a minimum of three games and bank on Ironbank and Blackwood not winning another game or win 4/5 games and hope that blackwood and ironbank dont win more than two more each.

Personally this weekend will be a pretty decisive round in which Blackwood must win otherwise Ironbank could be in the box seat.
Bridgey will find their final three rounds very very tough.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby bookie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Looking at Bridgewaters draw for the remaining games they would have to be nervous about relegation? I don't see them winning games in any grade until the Echunga game (probably the B grade and 17s, the 15's would be a 50-50) and they will only win 17's against Uraidla. IF that happens they will only score 15 more points for the remainder of the season. Will that be enough to remain in Central?
bookie
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy