Carlton 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Carlton 2014

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:26 pm

stan wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
stan wrote:My deepest sympathies to the Carlton boys. I think you guys might have just turned the corner and don't need whats about to happen.......

spill em Stan! Otherwise it's just trolling.

Mentioned above. Trigg to Carlton as CEO. Could be done as early as tomorrow.

Yep, effective immediately.
You poor basterds
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Funny part was Rowe saying he should stay at the crows to finish off their big review
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Trigg and mick

interesting dynamic
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
stan wrote:My deepest sympathies to the Carlton boys. I think you guys might have just turned the corner and don't need whats about to happen.......

spill em Stan! Otherwise it's just trolling.

Mentioned above. Trigg to Carlton as CEO. Could be done as early as tomorrow.

Yep, effective immediately.
You poor basterds

Marriage made in heaven.....the originator of brown paper bags in modern football recruits the latest architect of the system, made for each other.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Have fun lads. You can have him :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:35 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Sounds like Trigg is about to become CEO
Anyone see the irony in that a guy charged with dodgy player contracts is put in charge of the club who invented brown paper bags?
Just think of all the new crooked Visy deals

Effin Great!!

The 2 people I despise most in the whole of the AFL and they are in charge of Carlton.
Malthouse and Trigg= Arrogant tossbags!!

You poor bastard. Time for some amber fluid!

regards,

REB

Plenty of Amber Fluid now.
Trigg is a wanker of the highest kind!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:14 pm

He said he would probably go to Brisbane! Ends up at another club!! He did a Tippett :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Thought everyone would be celebrating his exit from SA?
He reminds me a lot of Eddie McGuire, in that most outside his club hate him, but he always does what he thinks is best for his own club - public opinion doesn't concern him. Tippett furore aside (as if he was the only one in on it), I'm happy to have him at Carlton.
Go on, throw stones!
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:40 pm

kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:Thought everyone would be celebrating his exit from SA?
He reminds me a lot of Eddie McGuire, in that most outside his club hate him, but he always does what he thinks is best for his own club - public opinion doesn't concern him. Tippett furore aside (as if he was the only one in on it), I'm happy to have him at Carlton.
Go on, throw stones!

Ok.

Tell me how he's a better person for our predicament than anyone else in the universe.

How the f*ck do you get a job where you cheat, lie and scheme and get (in effect) a contract extension?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:56 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:Thought everyone would be celebrating his exit from SA?
Go on, throw stones!

Ok.

Tell me how he's a better person for our predicament than anyone else in the universe.

How the f*ck do you get a job where you cheat, lie and scheme and get (in effect) a contract extension?

Ask James Hirds manager that one.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:26 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Go on, throw stones!

Ok.

He ain't the first CEO to lie, etc. won't be the last.
Puts his club first, morals are questionable, granted, but I'm not unhappy with his appointment. What he's done re the crows and SANFL is nothing to do with the Carlton Football Club, if that's a worry.
He's a career CEO, in all honesty was in charge of a very profitable, even successful, football club for a long time. I don't like where he's come from either, but I love where he is now.
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:27 pm

cracka wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Go on, throw stones!

Ok.

Ask James Hirds manager that one.

Or Ian robson
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 am

kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Go on, throw stones!

Ok.

He ain't the first CEO to lie, etc. won't be the last.
Puts his club first, morals are questionable, granted, but I'm not unhappy with his appointment. What he's done re the crows and SANFL is nothing to do with the Carlton Football Club, if that's a worry.
He's a career CEO, in all honesty was in charge of a very profitable, even successful, football club for a long time. I don't like where he's come from either, but I love where he is now.

His Ego is bigger than Micks....if that's possible.
Can't see the two of them putting ego's aside and doing what's best for Carlton.
Power trip for the two of them!!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Carlton 2014

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:24 pm

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blu ... zypir.html

Carlton defender Simon White has been charged with assault over a late-night altercation with a man earlier this year.

It is alleged he punched the man outside a Melbourne night spot after being verbally abused and filmed against his wishes.

Victoria Police spokeswoman Melissa Seach confirmed White has been charged and is due to appear in court later this year.

“Police have charged a 26-year-old Brunswick West man in relation to an alleged assault which occurred in the CBD on the 14th of May,’’ she said.

“He has been charged with recklessly cause injury and unlawful assault, and has been summonsed to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates Court on the 21st of November.’’

Security camera footage from outside the club was seized as part of the investigation.

The Carlton Football Club has issued a statement saying White has the club's full support and "will continue with his normal playing duties until advised otherwise".

"The AFL integrity unit has been fully informed throughout the investigation," the statement said. "Simon’s legal representatives will now assess the brief and determine how the case will proceed."
Jim05
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Dear Mick (pt 7)

It’s been a pretty long, thought provoking weekend Mick. I’m sure you would’ve had some thoughts over the events from Thursday night onward. No doubt you’ve mulled over and reviewed the fact that you’re providing too many words in response to the press conference questions. Is it some form of “press conference bingo” you’re trying to avoid? Have the boys said “your shout” if you provide something, ANYTHING that might help us fans and members get anything out of you that might resemble hope for the future. The only person you did say anything about, Juddy, you have basically pensioned off! Anyway, I think you're winning the bingo game. I've heard you were tight but crikey, I didn't realise you were so tight you wouldn't splurge and buy the boys a fruit box after the game.

So the list of things to concentrate on at training is growing. Maybe one thing to concentrate on is to do some work around being composed with the footy in the last oooohhh, 95 minutes of a game? Tuohy decides to belt Ballantyne and give away 50 to sway momentum toward the Dockers….No one bothers to pick up Fyfe for the entire last quarter....Docherty streams out of half back with 2 minutes to go and kicks it to family in the first tier…. Casboult is free to grab the kick in, ducks his head even though he’s receiving a shepherd, drops a mark which could’ve sealed the deal for us. Then Wood gets back to do the roving (I reserve the right to ask many questions about this ……later) and then kicks it to THE most dangerous place on the ground. Lucky Freo didn’t have to rely on Ellard to win the game for them hey? But the dude from 1Direction managed to slot it through and put me out of my misery again. Let’s not talk about goal kicking again though. Actually just get Simmo to walk them through how to kick goals (ie, pretend to take a set shot, dodge around 3 blokes and snap it from 40). Just on Tuohy, I don’t blame anyone for belting Ballantyne (I'd love to), in fact you should get points deducted off your carry over points for a decent solid clean strike, but pick your times Zac FFS! I suggest you hit him on a Wednesday, maybe at the coffee shop or down the pub when we have no chance of losing games of footy. Gibbsy almost got it right, dropping a nasty elbow from the top turnbuckle. It’s more the shame it didn’t open the little pr*ck up.

Oh, just on that, no Simon White DIDN’T hit me in the pub last Wednesday. Yes, yes, it’s true, I was there. Yes, I did have a placard. Yes, yes, I was waving it in his face and yes, admittedly it did say “Malthouse is a wanchor” but he did not hit me! And just before you get upset, it was more play on words cos we were playing Freo. Gettit? Anyway, it’s just allllll a media beat up. By the way, when you see Simon next, can you ask for my sign back please? Last I saw it was taking up a good portion of the back parcel shelf of his Hyundai Getz.

Daisy Thomas with a game-high 29 possessions was in my best (for Freo). He could’ve gone close to their BOG if he hadn’t mustered two kicks that actually went to us. And, AND he managed to kick a few that went for 40m and looked like a drop punt! By the time his contract is up, he might even be a decent contributor for us.

Back to Cameron “Sticks” Wood. Firstly, I saw Sticksy drop back into the hole and take a mark. Poor Robbie Warnock must be thinking this bloke is John Nicholls. He must be thinking “how on earth am I ever going to be able to compete with the new Big Nick”? But Wood did let himself down - which is to be expected really. The last 60 seconds of the game he wandered back to a ruck contest in the goalsquare, let Casboult contest it, then roved it! If he’s not there at the contest, GET OUT OF THE WAY. Or better still, get third up and kill the contest!!! Who is our ruck coach – Peter “the ball biter” Filandia? Mind you, he actually made it to a contest, unlike Warnock!

But we’re the masters of losing games we shouldn’t lose. You’ve successfully fashioned us into a team who doesn’t simply snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, we hand games over on a platter, using our manners in the process.

Seeing as you are considerate of others outside of footy, I should (and it would be remiss of me not to) ask about the dinner at the CEO Gils place the other night. Apparently I’ve heard that you had quite a nice dinner (several four and twenty's) and a couple of glasses the sponsors finest. Under the AFL pricing system, where a meat pie is $8 and a mid strength beer is $11, Gil’s charging each club $232 for the honour. I hope you got a lot out of it. Maybe as much as we do your press conferences?

This week......Christ, it's the Gold Coast..... without Gazza. Another chance to humiliate ourselves in pubic!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby carey » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:07 pm

That my friend is a fair rant....
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Carlton 2014

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:55 pm

After Carlton at first denying any other players were with Jeff Garlett when the scuffle broke out the club has now announced that Mitch Robinson was also involved and suffered a fractured eye socket which will keep him out for 3-4 weeks
Jim05
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:26 am

Robinson, WADH.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5477 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:34 am

Jim05 wrote:After Carlton at first denying any other players were with Jeff Garlett when the scuffle broke out the club has now announced that Mitch Robinson was also involved and suffered a fractured eye socket which will keep him out for 3-4 weeks

Belting Mitch Robinson. That queue would be longer than the one to get into Jennifer Hawkins bedroom.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby RustyCage » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:42 am

Both Robinson and Garlett out of contract at the end of the season
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times