SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby morell » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:06 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
morell wrote:Just to publicly kill a rumour RE Mitchell Park losing our oval next year:

The Mitchell Park Sports and Community Club have a license for the facility at Moreland Avenue for 2015 and beyond as signed by The City of Marion based on a meeting on the 2nd of August 2011. If another football club was wanting to move into the facilities this would need to be negotiated with the Mitchell Park Sports and Community Club as they are the current licensee. This has not occurred.

Play on! :)

Any chance of a lights upgrade. It can be ideal for training from what I saw when I was there a few weeks back.
It's terrible wristy. We can only train in a pocket! From a logistical point of view we haven't had the numbers for seniors for it make much of a difference but it's not really a good look for any potential recruits or new people. It has caused a bit of a drama with the juniors.

The tender for the great big brand new lights has been run and won, we are expecting work to commence shortly and maybe, maybe they will be operating before the last game of the year....:)
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:15 pm

morell wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Big thanks for the Locks club for coming in to our club after our game. Special thank you to TK and Chris for the extended chat, you are great guys and Locks are in good hands.
The one thing that disappoints me the most of where we are as a club right now is the wonderful friends I have either made or renewed this year. Div 6 is a really good comp and all clubs have worked hard on building relationships, regardless of scores and more importantly worked on credibility.
Gunna miss you bitches, lol.

Speaking of where MP is at Yank Man what's the plan next year. Obviously div 7 but will the merger with flinders uni be a permanent thing moving forward could be a good recruiting ground. How has it worked this year?

Got to admire the way some players in battling clubs have stuck it out in a tough year but will they do it again? With only one side a couple of injuries could cause some concern?

As we all know footy is about more than the scoreboard and the spirit and team comradery down at Mitchell Park this year is as strong as it has ever been. Just need more players! I'm confident we will keep most of the squad from this year, but to field two teams we need to find another 30-40 blokes.

massive task hey, has any club this season recruited that many players?

and to make task that little bit harder, theres another club less than 2kms away who also have to find another 30-40?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:42 pm

morell wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
morell wrote:Just to publicly kill a rumour RE Mitchell Park losing our oval next year:

The Mitchell Park Sports and Community Club have a license for the facility at Moreland Avenue for 2015 and beyond as signed by The City of Marion based on a meeting on the 2nd of August 2011. If another football club was wanting to move into the facilities this would need to be negotiated with the Mitchell Park Sports and Community Club as they are the current licensee. This has not occurred.

Play on! :)

Any chance of a lights upgrade. It can be ideal for training from what I saw when I was there a few weeks back.
It's terrible wristy. We can only train in a pocket! From a logistical point of view we haven't had the numbers for seniors for it make much of a difference but it's not really a good look for any potential recruits or new people. It has caused a bit of a drama with the juniors.

The tender for the great big brand new lights has been run and won, we are expecting work to commence shortly and maybe, maybe they will be operating before the last game of the year....:)

Well that is good news. They made a huge difference to our club overall and as an individual its a nice feeling driving to a well lit up oval for training. It certainly adds to the atmosphere at the very least. Naturally if its lit up better it will attract people.

If the only thing you are waiting on is the council I look forward to seeing your lights by 2020. :)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Cant give an explanation why we played flat 20min quarters but its something that I will need to address tomorrow night.

Thanks to Schelly and all the Ingle Farm lads who come in and had a drink after the game on Saturday. Was good to see so many familiar faces and to have a chat and beer with was great. Good to see Old Farmer once more and sink a couple of cold ones with ya mate. What was said in your rooms after the game i truly meant, and i will be follieing with a very close eye over the next 2 months.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Would like to throw in our ruckman Nicholas "duck" Symons in the discussion ranks for team of the year as the ruckman after the absolute lesson he gave the Rosie's ruckman (who is meant to be the best) in marking contested and uncontested around the ground on Saturday. Works tirelessly every week against generally bigger opponents but always gets the job done. About time he is recognised as his good mates Coops and Woodcock always seem to get the attention. No.9 the big Duck!
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Is it true Rosie's flew a lad down from Darwin to play his 1st game this year for the big derby clash against us?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby old farmer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:Cant give an explanation why we played flat 20min quarters but its something that I will need to address tomorrow night.

Thanks to Schelly and all the Ingle Farm lads who come in and had a drink after the game on Saturday. Was good to see so many familiar faces and to have a chat and beer with was great. Good to see Old Farmer once more and sink a couple of cold ones with ya mate. What was said in your rooms after the game i truly meant, and i will be follieing with a very close eye over the next 2 months.

He's back :shock:
Was good to have a beer and catch up all the goss, could easily got comfy if it wasn't for presso's......Good on ya too for coming in the rooms, I know it would have been hard but I also know it's what you wanted to do. :partyman: Good luck for the rest of the year
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:12 am

Arch44 wrote:Is it true Rosie's flew a lad down from Darwin to play his 1st game this year for the big derby clash against us?

That was Brad Taheny, he has played at the club in previous years, winning the 2011 and 2012 B&F before playing a year at his home club. A work transfer meant he has been in Darwin this season, but he played a couple of games before he left, ironically in the B grade because the club/coach thought it was no point playing him in the ones if hes moving to Darwin, but yet they fly him down to play a couple of months later.. Work that out
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 am

Should be a big day down at Ingle Farm this weekend. Triple Header v Rosewater, past players day and premiership renunion for the '84, '89 and '94 premiership sides.

Shane Arnold in the C grade also plays his 200th game for the club, after coming through the junior ranks and being involved at the club for a long time.

The A grade have specially made jumpers to commemorate the premiership sides and the occasion - Green and White vertical striped jumper which will list the 3 premiership sides in each of the stripes. Must say it looks very good, the jumpers will be auctioned off later in the evening after presentation - with 3x premiership sides + current A grade side + plenty of past players, these jumpers will be in hot demand I imagine!

Ingle Farm and Rosewater also compete for the Doggy Cup, Ingle Farm will be VERY keen to try and retain the cup after it being in the safe hands of Rosewater for a very long time! :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:51 am

Ladder after Round 14:
26 - Ingle Farm
24 - Blackfriars
24 - West Croydon
20 - Rosewater
16 - Lockleys
--------------------------------------
12 - Fitzroy
10 - Central United
6 - Mawson Lakes
2 - Mitchell Park
0 - Angle Vale

Div 6R:
26 - Lockleys
26 - Ingle Farm
24 - Rosewater
20 - West Croydon
16 - Mawson Lakes
------------------------------------
10 - Central United
10 - Fitzroy
6 - Blackfriars
2 - Flinders Uni
0 - Angle Vale

Round 15:
Blackfriars(2nd) v West Croydon (3rd)
Central United (7th) v Angle Vale (10th)
Fitzroy (6th) v Mitchell Park (9th)
Ingle Farm (1st) v Rosewater (4th)
Lockleys (5th) v Mawson Lakes (8th)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:58 am

Half Back Flanker wrote:Cant give an explanation why we played flat 20min quarters but its something that I will need to address tomorrow night.

I dont know why they dont just make both A & B grade flat 22min quarters. Easier to manage and you get to finish early enough in the afternoon to go in have a drink with the opposition + still go home and freshen up and get back to the club for presentations without feeling rushed or too exhausted, especially for away games that may be a decent travel i.e. Angle Vale to Mitchell Park or vice/versa.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby norm11 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

I dont know why they dont just make both A & B grade flat 22min quarters. Easier to manage and you get to finish early enough in the afternoon to go in have a drink with the opposition + still go home and freshen up and get back to the club for presentations without feeling rushed or too exhausted, especially for away games that may be a decent travel i.e. Angle Vale to Mitchell Park or vice/versa.

I like the idea. I would go 20 for reserves and 25 flat for the A grade.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:25 pm

norm11 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

24:30.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby norm11 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:46 pm

norm11 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Time off for injury and after a goal only.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:56 pm

norm11 wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Time off for injury and after a goal only.

That's pretty much how they roll currently mate. I'd go with just injury, that can be staged.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

24:30.

10 minute quarters would be good for us. More bar time and less pain. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:06 pm

It's really not that hard. If we can do it in social basketball then I am sure its possible with footy.

Have a stopwatch between the two timekeepers from each club, start it when the ball goes up, stop it only when both parties agree (for serious injury requiring stretcher only) and blow the siren when it hits 25 minutes.

If people are worried about teams kicking the ball onto the road or into the paddocks then be in a position where that won't affect the result of the game, all part of the fun of playing at different grounds! Smart teams get the advantage.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Yank Man wrote:10 minute quarters would be good for us. More bar time and less pain. :D
haha, 10 minute quarters, 9 a side, half an oval. :supz:
morell
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:17 pm

morell wrote:It's really not that hard. If we can do it in social basketball then I am sure its possible with footy.

Have a stopwatch between the two timekeepers from each club, start it when the ball goes up, stop it only when both parties agree (for serious injury requiring stretcher only) and blow the siren when it hits 25 minutes.

If people are worried about teams kicking the ball onto the road or into the paddocks then be in a position where that won't affect the result of the game, all part of the fun of playing at different grounds! Smart teams get the advantage.

Agreed, it's not difficult.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:37 am

Should be an interesting round of games coming up. Last roll of the dice for Central United to keep their season alive.

Percentage is going to play a vital part in the make up of the 5, it's very difficult to see CU managing to close and over take Lockleys on %, all Lockleys need to do is win at least 1 more game and remain competitive in the other games and they are safe as houses.

If the red hot West Croydon can upset flag fancy Blackfriars this weekend, they'll set themselves up nicely for a tilt at top spot by seasons end.

On the flip side, a tough month of football coming up for Ingle Farm, they could potentially drop to as low as 4th by time finals roll around. Healthy percentage will work in their favour though.

In the reserves, doesn't look like much will change. Central United and Fitzroy are outside chances to squeeze into the 5, both will need to defeat Mawson Lakes to have any chance, but Lakes have the luxury of having Angle Vale last round which is a likely forfeit win.

As with the A grade, a tough month for Ingle Farm could see them potentially slip to 3rd and be over taken by Rosewater who boast a superior percentage. It's difficult to see West Croydon making enough ground to steal 3rd, they have a couple of tough games in the middle of this block before the end of the season, and percentage is a concern

It's anyones guess where sides will finish up in 4 weeks time, perhaps after this weekend we will have more of an idea..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League