Round 14 - Central v Eagles @ Playford Alive (Sat 19/7)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 14 - Central v Eagles @ Playford Alive (Sat 19/7)

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Are they up across the whole league?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:55 pm

bennymacca wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I'm not disputing the crowds are down, it seems likely given what has been reported here, but the accusation that they would deliberately inflate figures I don't agree with. I can't think of a reason that it would be in centrals interests to do so

So you're not disputing the crowds are down but doom and gloomers are idiots?

You are remarkable in once again saying one thing and meaning nothing.

You should join a political party asap. You've missed your calling.

well clearly you wont ever go into politics given your comprehension skills. I was talking specifically about suggestions that crowd numbers have been deliberately inflated.

also crowds are down at elizabeth but up across the whole league. possibly the on field performance of centrals is a bigger driver

Well we weren't doing that great last year either.

Whats the biggest difference in the league this year? Particularly for a no voting club?

I don't know a single Dogs fan who isn't going anymore because we aren't dominating anymore, I do know loads who stopped going for a reason you deny.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 pm

i have never denied that it was a reason for some people. lol. i just think it is a massive overreaction from those people. thats what i have said all along.

here are the stats provided by philH and spellcheck

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39742
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 pm

bennymacca wrote:i have never denied that it was a reason for some people. lol. i just think it is a massive overreaction from those people. thats what i have said all along.

here are the stats provided by philH and spellcheck

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39742

And how many times do we need to repeat this;

Not many said the decline in the league would happen overnight.

See us in 5 years.

If we're wrong, we're wrong.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Statistics, statistics and damn lies.

All will become apparent in the end of year reports
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Aerie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:25 pm

The sharp price increase over the last few years for entry wouldn't help out at Elizabeth neither. It wasn't that long ago it was $8-$10 and the "product" certainly is no better than it was back then.

Would be interesting to know how many people from each club purchase a season ticket vs pay at the gate.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 505 times

Postby wild dog » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Actually I thought the crowd figure looked reasonable this week. There was a good contingent of eagles supporters considering their supporter base, and I for one thank them for making the trip out. One group who wear yellow and are far from it. Too many opposition supporters fail to make the trip on the bogus and frankly, cowardly belief they are going to be confronted by some someone of a lower social class than themselves.

In terms of crowds this year, I thought the Crows game was sub 1000. The West game did eventually build after the poor weather at the start of the game, but 1700?

In my opinion Centrals until 2008 had a supporting home crowd of 3000. Opposition supporters fluctuated but hardly would exceed the 1000 mark. Since then its been a gradual decline due to the economic issues, however this year has seen a dramatic downturn, mostly on the terrace side and the northern hill. Further economic downturn, changing employment conditions, Crows entry and dual allegiance, the comp becoming a reserves, poor form, bandwagoners,.....

The northern suburbs has changed drastically over the years, from blue collar paradise, to social welfare housing to low cost housing and living. Centrals needs to reconnect with the community; how is the question.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Nice post.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm

I'm not sure who to believe then?

wild dog wrote:Actually I thought the crowd figure looked reasonable this week. There was a good contingent of eagles supporters considering their supporter base, and I for one thank them for making the trip out. One group who wear yellow and are far from it. Too many opposition supporters fail to make the trip on the bogus and frankly, cowardly belief they are going to be confronted by some someone of a lower social class than themselves.

whufc wrote:At least from that point not one cop or weslo come stood on the northern hill because the 100 guys there were gonna kick there heads in. Angriest crowd and closest I have seen to a riot at an SANFL game

I don't care what "social class" people come from, we all have our moments, but reports like this will indeed keep people away. Without question.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Booney wrote:I'm not sure who to believe then?

wild dog wrote:Actually I thought the crowd figure looked reasonable this week. There was a good contingent of eagles supporters considering their supporter base, and I for one thank them for making the trip out. One group who wear yellow and are far from it. Too many opposition supporters fail to make the trip on the bogus and frankly, cowardly belief they are going to be confronted by some someone of a lower social class than themselves.

whufc wrote:At least from that point not one cop or weslo come stood on the northern hill because the 100 guys there were gonna kick there heads in. Angriest crowd and closest I have seen to a riot at an SANFL game

I don't care what "social class" people come from, we all have our moments, but reports like this will indeed keep people away. Without question.

They were an extremly angry crowd, it was only directed at the police and weslo and in fact some eagles supporters where joining in the abuse but I do agree that kind if behaviour would keep alot of people away

The northern hill is definatly renowned for being what I would call 'a front bar pub crowd'
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby wedgetail » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:30 pm

In terms of crowds this year, I thought the Crows game was sub 1000. The West game did eventually build after the poor weather at the start of the game, but 1700?

In my opinion Centrals until 2008 had a supporting home crowd of 3000. Opposition supporters fluctuated but hardly would exceed the 1000 mark. Since then its been a gradual decline due to the economic issues, however this year has seen a dramatic downturn, mostly on the terrace side and the northern hill. Further economic downturn, changing employment conditions, Crows entry and dual allegiance, the comp becoming a reserves, poor form, bandwagoners,.....

The northern suburbs has changed drastically over the years, from blue collar paradise, to social welfare housing to low cost housing and living. Centrals needs to reconnect with the community; how is the question.

Always enjoy the drive to Eliz and have never had any probs there. Usually a good contingent of loyal Eagles fans on the Eastern wing which is pleasing considering the crap form and results we have shown there the past 10 years.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby wild dog » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:08 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:I'm not sure who to believe then?

They were an extremly angry crowd, it was only directed at the police and weslo and in fact some eagles supporters where joining in the abuse but I do agree that kind if behaviour would keep alot of people away

The northern hill is definatly renowned for being what I would call 'a front bar pub crowd'

Not sure what this was about. I was standing towards the northern end and did not see the incident. Video on facebook was mentioned, any chance of posting the URL.

Anyway Booney, if you are worried about this type of incident, best you stick to visiting Alberton, Richmond, Parade and Unley. Never any trouble there.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Umpire made a shocking deciscion all the crowd went ape shit

Next thing you know the young weslo guy went up to the middle age (45-50 year old) gentlemen who was sitting with his father and asked him to leave for swearing, from what I heard he said 'effin hell umpire' pretty much everyone else on the hill said worse and alot louder.

He asked the question to weslo if he was gonna go up to all the other blokes on the hill and ask them to leave as well, next thing you know 3 20-25 year old police officers had been called over. The guy explained he swore but no worse than any other person on the hill and that it should at very least be a first warning not a straight eviction, police said they had to act on weslo ruling to which the crowd started ripping in to the weslo guy.

Weslo guy shat himself and was actually pleading with the hill to leave him alone.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL