Wedding Band

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

Wedding Band

Postby HH3 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:05 pm

We're in the enjoyable process of planning our wedding in June 2015, and come across a lot bands that charge through the nose for weddings.

All we are really after is a 3 or 4 piece that can play some nice slow songs, as well as some rocky songs that people can get up and dance to as the night parties on.

I know a few people on this forum are either in, or know of some local bands that might fit the bill.

We would like the band to be there from the ceremony til midnight. The band will be supplied with some food throughout the night as well.

If anyone has any ideas, could you let me know. It would be handy if there was some way to check the band out as well (ie. YouTube clips, Soundcloud profile, etc.)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Wedding Band

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:54 pm

The big Axe from West Croydon - his band is bloody good - go look up Broken Theory on Facebook.

He might charge you double cos you're from North Haven :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Footy Chick wrote:The big Axe from West Croydon - his band is bloody good - go look up Broken Theory on Facebook.

Seen them a few times. Play good music from a good era and have the right mix for a wedding of 30-somethings and their friends.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Footy Chick wrote:The big Axe from West Croydon - his band is bloody good - go look up Broken Theory on Facebook.

Id probably end up in an argument and a melee with the band by the end of the night. :lol:

I'll check em out. Thanks FC!

P.s. when can I come round for a barbie and a kitty play date? ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:00 pm

HH3 wrote:

Id probably end up in an argument and a melee with the band by the end of the night. :lol:

When she gets a backyard and a bbq connected to the gas point in the wrong spot.... ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Is the house just a ply wood shell painted to look like a house, with a tent and a camper stove inside??
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:06 pm

HH3 wrote:Is the house just a ply wood shell painted to look like a house, with a tent and a camper stove inside??

Would have been far easier to construct....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 pm

HH3 wrote:

don't laugh, it allegedly happened at a gig at the PAFC :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Hefty » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Arch44 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:18 pm

The Bluff. I'm a bit bias my wife sings with them. Generally play down and around the Port if its rock your after that's what they play. I little bit cheaper than other bands too.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:27 pm

Arch44 wrote:The Bluff. I'm a bit bias my wife sings with them. Generally play down and around the Port if its rock your after that's what they play. I little bit cheaper than other bands too.

Awesome. We'll have a look. Do they have anything on the internet we can have a look at? Is there any gigs lined up we can check out?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:40 pm

HH3 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:The Bluff. I'm a bit bias my wife sings with them. Generally play down and around the Port if its rock your after that's what they play. I little bit cheaper than other bands too.

Awesome. We'll have a look. Do they have anything on the internet we can have a look at? Is there any gigs lined up we can check out?

Yeah mate they have gigs coming up at The Commercial down the Port over the next few months on a Friday nights 15th August, 10th October, 14th November and January 25 at the Glanville. They are on Facebook and I think there is a couple of recordings on there from gigs but just done with a phone so the recording quality might not be great but there is a lot of photos.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:43 pm

Arch44 wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Yeah mate they have gigs coming up at The Commercial down the Port over the next few months on a Friday nights 15th August, 10th October, 14th November and January 25 at the Glanville. They are on Facebook and I think there is a couple of recordings on there from gigs but just done with a phone so the recording quality might not be great but there is a lot of photos.

Cool, thanks mate. We'll definitely check them out.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:44 pm

If you blokes from Nth Haven want another band night sing out with a date if you want I can pass it on and pass on a phone number.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Arch44 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:45 pm

HH3 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Cool, thanks mate. We'll definitely check them out.

No worries.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:59 pm

HH3 wrote:We're in the enjoyable process of planning our wedding in June 2015, and come across a lot bands that charge through the nose for weddings.

All we are really after is a 3 or 4 piece that can play some nice slow songs, as well as some rocky songs that people can get up and dance to as the night parties on.

I know a few people on this forum are either in, or know of some local bands that might fit the bill.

We would like the band to be there from the ceremony til midnight. The band will be supplied with some food throughout the night as well.

If anyone has any ideas, could you let me know. It would be handy if there was some way to check the band out as well (ie. YouTube clips, Soundcloud profile, etc.)

I went to a wedding couple of weeks ago and the band was called 'Blue Lagoon'. Played all sorts of stuff and appeared to be relatively accomplished musicians.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Pag » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
HH3 wrote:We're in the enjoyable process of planning our wedding in June 2015, and come across a lot bands that charge through the nose for weddings.

I went to a wedding couple of weeks ago and the band was called 'Blue Lagoon'. Played all sorts of stuff and appeared to be relatively accomplished musicians.

I'm getting married next October down on the Fleurieu, thanks for the ideas guys.

Feel free to keep puting them out there.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:57 am

Thanks for all the suggestions.

It looks like we're going with a band called The Gap. Had a couple of chats with them, and it sounds like a goer.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:35 pm

What about these guys? :lol:

Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Board index   General Talk  Music