SANFL MRP News & Discussions

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Postby Rising Power » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:01 am

If this Grant knob isn't banned I hope he has the balls to keep going to Sturt matches, he'd cop plenty of his own medicine I reckon.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:28 am

I thought the highlighted quote was pretty funny.

Booney wrote: From Adelaidenow :

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6997358246

The tribunal found that the contact between Hartlett and Grant was high, but of low impact.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Did Hartlett get reported for striking early in this match ? A clenched fist to the head off the ball which resulted in a goal ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Did Hartlett get reported for striking early in this match ? A clenched fist to the head off the ball which resulted in a goal ?

Certainly gave away free kick for what ever he did....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:19 pm

areaman wrote:
Aerie wrote:
Rising Power wrote:Whatever was said I think that idiot will be standing a bit further back when he sledges the players from now on!

Any truth to the rumour that it was the same guy involved in the incident with Leigh Treeby a while back?

Yep, the same bloke!

Some great people in the picture!

I know two of the people in that picture from Loxton. Didn't know they even followed SANFL, let alone the Eagles, until I saw that pic.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Ronnie wrote:I don't disagree with Hartlett's penalty but in a peverse way it might encourage more of the dregs to front up (from behind a fence) and let loose at an opposition player. It would be a badge of honour to some of the cretins to think that they had a hand in a key opposition player missing important matches, for some, probably the highlight of their tiny lives. The fan involved has to face some consequences of his actions. What is going to happen to Grant??

He'll get compensation for his injuries
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I thought the highlighted quote was pretty funny.

Booney wrote: From Adelaidenow :

The tribunal found that the contact between Hartlett and Grant was high, but of low impact.

Made me smile too. And then they upgraded it to "Medium Contact" because it was a spectator.

Is this the end of it or will there be legal ramifications? If it is the end of the matter then I think the Tribunal have handled it pretty well. If something similar happened in the UK there'd be holy hell to pay and the tabloids would be over it like a rash.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Ronnie wrote:I don't disagree with Hartlett's penalty but in a peverse way it might encourage more of the dregs to front up (from behind a fence) and let loose at an opposition player. It would be a badge of honour to some of the cretins to think that they had a hand in a key opposition player missing important matches, for some, probably the highlight of their tiny lives. The fan involved has to face some consequences of his actions. What is going to happen to Grant??

Nothing needs to happen to Grant, Hartlett should be a professional and ignore it, not sure how Grant is getting any blame for this?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Second Team » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:55 pm

You might feel different if it was a 20yr old Bay player. If the fence wasn't there the guy would have had his head punched in and Harts would be banned for life.
Second Team
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:05 pm

this is just another bad name to the SCS, this Grant person should be banned from football to until years end.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Bluedemon wrote:this is just another bad name to the SCS, this Grant person should be banned from football to until years end.

Was this guy cautioned after the Treeby incident?

If so, and provided he's a Sturt member, he ought to have his membership rescinded.

If not, he'll get what's coming to him, if and when he mouths off around the wrong people. I'm not talking about at the footy either.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Nothing needs to happen to Grant, Hartlett should be a professional and ignore it, not sure how Grant is getting any blame for this?

Do we really believe his story that he just called him a d**khead

imho while sledging is part and parcel there are lines which included racism, sexuality and family.

If someone crosses those lines I don't care if im on a sporting field or not ill throw a few big left hooks.

To get two players to react the way he has suggests that maybe his crossing the line somehow with his comments plus he has a head you just want to belt.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RustyCage » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:19 pm

If Hartlett was threatened with violence from a spectator then that definitely isn't on and should not just be swept under the rug. If he did threaten him in that manner, then this degenerate shouldn't see another SANFL game
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:35 pm

The issue is a player struck a spectator . I was threatened by a customer once , if I struck him or even attempted to I would have lost my job. It won't be the last time a player gets abused ...............
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby JK » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:The issue is a player struck a spectator . I was threatened by a customer once , if I struck him or even attempted to I would have lost my job. It won't be the last time a player gets abused ...............

Spot on. Thank God the supporter (despite probably asking for it anywhere else in society) didn't fall back and do a Hookesey.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:21 pm

JK wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:The issue is a player struck a spectator . I was threatened by a customer once , if I struck him or even attempted to I would have lost my job. It won't be the last time a player gets abused ...............

Spot on. Thank God the supporter (despite probably asking for it anywhere else in society) didn't fall back and do a Hookesey.

Exactly what I was thinking, if he stumbled back on the cement terracing.

As the victim of a player hearing something different to what I said I'll take his word for it, even if he did Hartlett has to realise he might not have said what he thought he heard. No place for that in the game.

Also noticable that noone in the media picked up he was a Crows supporter too. That's Crows supporters who have thrown members tickets at players this year, have elbowed an elderly spectator in the head and now taunted a player into getting struck. One common denominator on incidents this year.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:10 am

Wedgie wrote:even if he did Hartlett has to realise he might not have said what he thought he heard.

That would require Hartlett to think. That happens often ...
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:37 am

Yep, yep, yep
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 am

Dutchy wrote:

I don't disagree he should ignore. But it is very unusual for a player to snap like this in our game. For it to be the same bloke, means it should be looked into. There are levels of behaviour that should be expected of both players and spectators.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Security should look after spectator behaviour not players, if it is only words then players need to be bigger than that and walk away.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL