SANFL MRP News & Discussions

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:44 pm

Two people did the wrong thing here, that's the bottom line and only one, at this point, has been punished.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Whether the players should be bigger than that is not the issue.
We agree that they should be.
Doesn't mean there's not a problem with the spectator as well.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby am Bays » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Doesn't mean there's not a problem with the spectator as well.

I think it is beyond dispute that the spectator has a problem....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Whether the players should be bigger than that is not the issue.
We agree that they should be.
Doesn't mean there's not a problem with the spectator as well.

Club has to step in then
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby dedja » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Booney wrote:Two people did the wrong thing here, that's the bottom line and only one, at this point, has been punished.

Disagree Boon ... Hartlett only gets 3 matches, Luke Grant will be a dickhead for the rest of his life.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Second Team » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:16 pm

dedja wrote:
Booney wrote:Two people did the wrong thing here, that's the bottom line and only one, at this point, has been punished.

Disagree Boon ... Hartlett only gets 3 matches, Luke Grant will be a dickhead for the rest of his life.

Have to agree with this. Luke Grant you now have to wear a dick on your head for the rest of your life. That seems fair to me. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Second Team
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Is this a bit OTT?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby cennals05 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Are we being encouraged to find this guy at the footy and have a go at him? If so that makes the people that do, no better than him.

He really needs to be spoken to by the club and have it explained to him how is behavior is not in anyway benefiting the football team that he is passionate about.

I have spoken to Centrals supporters before that I thought were being inappropriate. They soon shut up when it's one of their own telling them they're a d*ckhead.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby RustyCage » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:50 pm

About time
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby knowledge » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:02 pm

Hartlett’s tribunal representative, former assistant SAPOL Commissioner Graeme Barton, told the tribunal Grant’s abuse was over and above what a player should have to receive during a match.

So, I take it then, Mr. Barton, that repeatedly telling your direct opponent ad nauseum that "ÿou're fuc...ing his fiance", is not over and above what a player should have to receive during a match." Seems that Adam applies one set of rules and standards for others, and another for himself!
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:13 pm

knowledge wrote:
Hartlett’s tribunal representative, former assistant SAPOL Commissioner Graeme Barton, told the tribunal Grant’s abuse was over and above what a player should have to receive during a match.

So, I take it then, Mr. Barton, that repeatedly telling your direct opponent ad nauseum that "ÿou're fuc...ing his fiance", is not over and above what a player should have to receive during a match." Seems that Adam applies one set of rules and standards for others, and another for himself!

Are you that player? Hardly threatening physical abuse.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 1213 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby knowledge » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:34 pm

No. I'm not. But, I guess the status of the comments depend upon which version of events you want to believe? Version 1 of "You're a dickhead, Hartlett.... an absolute dickhead." Or, Version 2 of Ï'll bash you... you fuc...ing dog." Seems to me that the credentials of both parties are less than desirable. One (Grant), that as a Sturt supporter of long standing, I'm not proud of and consider that his behaviour is something the SFC can do without. Or, two, someone (Hartlett) that makes regular visits to the tribunal (3 in the last four years) and has been charged with assault off the field previously. Both made formal statements to the tribunal. Both markedly different from the other. Guess one is lying or embellishing the truth. As another poster on this topic stated previously, abuse of a racial or sexual nature is something that we've moved on from as a society, one would hope. Are you saying that Hartlett's on field comments are O.K? It's sad if you do. My point is that it's poor form to go to the tribunal saying you're offended by someone's comments, if you're indulging in exactly the same yourself.
knowledge
Rookie

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:53 pm

knowledge wrote:

No. I'm not. But, I guess the status of the comments depend upon which version of events you want to believe? Version 1 of "You're a dickhead, Hartlett.... an absolute dickhead." Or, Version 2 of Ï'll bash you... you fuc...ing dog." Seems to me that the credentials of both parties are less than desirable. One (Grant), that as a Sturt supporter of long standing, I'm not proud of and consider that his behaviour is something the SFC can do without. Or, two, someone (Hartlett) that makes regular visits to the tribunal (3 in the last four years) and has been charged with assault off the field previously. Both made formal statements to the tribunal. Both markedly different from the other. Guess one is lying or embellishing the truth. As another poster on this topic stated previously, abuse of a racial or sexual nature is something that we've moved on from as a society, one would hope. Are you saying that Hartlett's on field comments are O.K? It's sad if you do. My point is that it's poor form to go to the tribunal saying you're offended by someone's comments, if you're indulging in exactly the same yourself.

How do you know what Hartlett was saying on the field? And I don't see how what is said on the field of play between two combatants involves anyone outside the fence. And don't take the moral high ground on me and turn this into me being "sad". What happens on the field is sorted out by the clubs involved and the tribunal if necessary. I don't believe Sturt have lodged a complaint about Hartlett's behaviour to the SANFL. Anyway, I don't want to go back and forth with this, so play on.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 1213 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Second Team » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:56 pm

I think that players say lots of things to other players on the field. If you are game enough at least you are standing next to them.
Luke Grant has to stand behind a fence. Brave stuff Luke.
Fix your cheersquad Sturt. You are a disgrace Luke Grant :shock: :shock: :shock: .
Second Team
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby knowledge » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:01 pm

Nor do I. However, you've asked the question, so I'll reply. I heard it myself....numerous times. And, it does involve someone "óutside the fence"- the player's fiance. So, really the 'what's said on the field, stay's on the field'philosophy is rather boring. And, for what it's worth, I'd doubt the young lady question in question would give Hartlett a second look.
knowledge
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:53 pm

As I said before what Hartlett hears and what is said can be two different things, I've been on the end of that first hand, very dangerous to react the way he did.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2049 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dols » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:20 am

Can I ask how does a picture of the weasel luke grant get removed? Why? Not inflammatory. He had spoken to the media and tribunal yet we only know what Adam Hartlett looks like? About to go on again. If removed again it needs a lawful reason, which there are none.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dols » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:55 am

Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:23 am

It seems as though you are wanting something to happen to him ? You have an issue if you are dragging up photos of him . I take it now no verbal noise from the crowd to a player or umpire . Just polite clapping .
Last edited by Bounce of the ball on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL