SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby carey » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:41 pm

morell wrote:How have the playing group taken it carey? Any walked away? Or has it made everyone more determined?

A bit of a mix of emotions mate. There was a genuine belief by the playing group that we were a chance to sneak in the 5 and that would've been a huge reward for some hard work. Numbers at training have been good, The playing group is very strong and really close knit so I would say the overall feeling is more disappointment than anything else.

For 1 individuals stupidity it's cost the whole group would I'm almost certain will have the ramafications of lost friendships and as we've already seen deregistration from the club his played his whole life at and banned from playing there for life.

My honest feelings are that feel so sorry for the great group of young lads that train there ass off every night to play finals football for that chance to be taking away from something out of there control seems really unfair to me.

So I can only answer for me but mine would be Anger and Dissapointment.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:24 pm

carey wrote:
morell wrote:How have the playing group taken it carey? Any walked away? Or has it made everyone more determined?

A bit of a mix of emotions mate. There was a genuine belief by the playing group that we were a chance to sneak in the 5 and that would've been a huge reward for some hard work. Numbers at training have been good, The playing group is very strong and really close knit so I would say the overall feeling is more disappointment than anything else.

For 1 individuals stupidity it's cost the whole group would I'm almost certain will have the ramafications of lost friendships and as we've already seen deregistration from the club his played his whole life at and banned from playing there for life.

My honest feelings are that feel so sorry for the great group of young lads that train there ass off every night to play finals football for that chance to be taking away from something out of there control seems really unfair to me.

So I can only answer for me but mine would be Anger and Dissapointment.

do u have an alternative penalty that doesnt penalise those who do well by the league & the club

because one man's hot headed UFC aspirations, has destroyed the livelihood of volunteers, reserves, agraders, parents and girlfriends and all their efforts put into every day of this season, and all is now scorned by some wanker, who if he performed the same action on the streets, would be behind bars?

and even the sponsors of the club, who were so hard to come by across several seasons, now scorned.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Roaring Lion! » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:44 am

Central United play hard but are a very disciplined unit of young blokes so it's sad to see that from the actions of 1 x loose cannon have cost them their season & any chance of playing finals this year but this will make the playing group hungry for success next season.
Harsh penalty seeing the huge improvement out there but guess this a huge warning to all clubs that bad behaviour is being cracked down on with heavy consequences & all coaches have to look out for their playing groups & remove these types of players from the ground for a rest before they get tired as that's when frustration boils over which now hurts your whole club.
IT'S US AGAINST THEM!!!
Roaring Lion!
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Roaring Lion! » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:51 am

Congratulations to Fitzroy's Captain Brad Keast on game 100 against Mitchell Park tomorrow.

Will be a big day at the Roy's with the 10 x year Premiership reunion for the the Reserves three-peat premiership '02/'03/'04 sides.

Followed by the one of the biggest nights of the year with annual running of the Mouse Cup.
IT'S US AGAINST THEM!!!
Roaring Lion!
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:07 am

I don't understand why 9 points Carey? What does deducting 9 points achieve?

Units needed to win every game to make the 5 in both grades, if you are going to deduct points why not say 2 or 3 so it makes it impossible for them to qualify and just miss - surely that would sting more?

Angle Vale won't win a game, Central United will beat Mitchell Park, at worst Units win 2 more games and still finish 7th so relegation is extremely unlikely so why bother imposing such a severe penalty?

Are there not other penalties that could be imposed that would hurt more? Stupid penalty that really potentially could've caused more harm than good - If it did cause Central United to get relegated they would dominate D7 but more importantly on the flip side it would mean a side like Mitchell Park whose struggled and trying to rebuild would be stuck in D6 again - this time with two grand finalists coming up!

Tribunal go home you're drunk!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby carey » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:06 am

The player received 9 games hence losing the 9 points.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Arch44 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:45 am

Roaring Lion! wrote:Congratulations to Fitzroy's Captain Brad Keast on game 100 against Mitchell Park tomorrow.

Will be a big day at the Roy's with the 10 x year Premiership reunion for the the Reserves three-peat premiership '02/'03/'04 sides.

Followed by the one of the biggest nights of the year with annual running of the Mouse Cup.

Also cricketers day at the footy.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:33 am

Arch44 wrote:Also cricketers day at the footy.

Can't wait for cricket season! :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby marbles » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:15 am

i dont agree with the penalty i think they earnt those wins fair & square, victories are mini trophies in history and u wouldnt come along and smash your sons trophies if he did wrong

future matches should be forfieted

an alternative idea could be like the afl points system...

if a player gets 4 weeks, the whole club has to forfiet all of their matches on the next upcoming Saturday

if a player gets 6 weeks, that means the club has 2 carry over points, meaning the next offense will only require 2 weeks for another full day club suspension

ie: 1 week suspension = 1 quarter forfieted for the whole club
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby human_torpedo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:27 am

I always just thought that the suspension to the player was the punishment? Why are we trying to find a punishment for the punishment? The onus should be on the club to deal with the player if further action is required for repeat offenders.. If incidents get out of control, then by all means put the club on notice, but that should only be in extreme cases, shouldnt be across the board for all clubs
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Q. » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:48 am

^^^ these clubs have conditions placed upon their affiliation this year. They're aware of these sanctions.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby human_torpedo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:56 am

Im not saying they werent, or even disagreeing with the sanctions, it was more of a response to the idea of a league wide ruling.. No issue with clubs having sanctions placed upon them for repeat issues.. I do feel for Carey and CUFC though, it sounds like alot of hard work has been put in this season to turn the club around, and the actions of one bloke has cost them any chance of a finals spot, and put them right back to square one..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:09 pm

What sort of player and person is Bain? Has he been made to front the player group or better still volunteer to front the player group and apologise to them for his actions and stuffing up their season and rep or does he believe he is the victim for being banned? It would be a tough penalty to front your peers and admit your guilt (if you are sincere about it).
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Mr Beefy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Any scores, Rosies knocked off the farmers
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Any scores, Rosies knocked off the farmers

Bos by 31
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Lockleys by 7 goals over mawson lakes.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Any scores, Rosies knocked off the farmers

Well that makes round 17 more interesting.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Rosies came to play today! Both grades amazing pressure and intensity, they wanted it more and duly got the reward.

In the B grade the pressure and tackling from Rosewater was incredible, their tackles stuck and they made them count, by a long way the toughest game the Ingle Farm B grade have played in a few years - had a finals like intensity about it. To be honest it was like playing a mirror image of ourselves.. We went to war today with Rosies, and football was the winner.. Look forward to meeting them in the finals, should be a beeeeeeauty..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby S Demon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:59 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Rosies came to play today! Both grades amazing pressure and intensity, they wanted it more and duly got the reward.

In the B grade the pressure and tackling from Rosewater was incredible, their tackles stuck and they made them count, by a long way the toughest game the Ingle Farm B grade have played in a few years - had a finals like intensity about it. To be honest it was like playing a mirror image of ourselves.. We went to war today with Rosies, and football was the winner.. Look forward to meeting them in the finals, should be a beeeeeeauty..

Incorrect. Rosies were the winners
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:47 am

S Demon wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Rosies came to play today! Both grades amazing pressure and intensity, they wanted it more and duly got the reward.

Incorrect. Rosies were the winners

Yeah that too :lol: :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League