Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

Postby Rising Power » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:04 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Booney wrote:Not really, DW. Very few Adelaide fans attend their SANFL games and it was no different on Saturday. No surprise to see hardly any there.

6100, would have been lucky to be 400 Adelaide fans.

Anyway, it doesn't prove, disprove or otherwise the "success" of this years SANFL changes.

Does the SANFL get a cut of the gate money or does it to to Port Adeliade?

Happy to be corrected but my understanding is the SANFL takes all monies from tickets purchased at the gates and it's then redistributed evenly. Only monies from season tickets go direct the club.

As a side note, Port would have made an absolute killing on Saturday, especially with the 1914 guernsey on sale (more people wearing those than Crows fans). Bars packed, dining areas packed, merchandise store packed. I myself spent about $200 on all of the above.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Dog Day Afternoon wrote:I may have missed it but I haven't seen 1 person post a comment about the game as a post-game commentary. That is 5 pages of people who are still angry about the current setup with about a month to go to finals.

This is not good for the comp!

Moore and Summerton excellent for Port, Summerton will go close to a Magarey Medal if his form is rewarded with votes. He's been brilliant this year.

Mitchell kept Crouch out of the game after half time,Mitchell held him when Adelaide had the ball and Crouch couldn't keep up with Mitchell when the ball was going the other way. Crouch can get the ball but if Saturday is true to form he needs to work on his skill level, his want/need to kick the ball 10-15m instead of handballing is a worry. Although he is playing in a side that just gets made up on the day from some sort of school yard "I'll take him" selection policy.....

Haren battled well in the ruck, big Gus Bruggemann took some telling marks in defence and the likes of Gray, Slattery, Neade, Shaw and Harvey all had moments.

For Adelaide Rutten was far too good for Butcher, Porplyzia got "out the back" a couple of times for cheap ones while Petrenko, Graham and others looked unlikely to have any real impact.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Rising Power » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:11 pm

There was a bit of Irish magic on display with Flynn evading a couple Crows players quite well. Krakouer was pretty good as well, almost too good for SANFL level.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby SANFLnut » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:25 pm

No surprise to read above that Summerton, Bruggeman, Krakouer, Slattery, Haren had an impact on the result.
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby twosheds » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Booney wrote:Let's just set one thing straight. Anyone who actually thought the SANFL Crows would pull any sort of crowd doesn't belong in any sort of meaningful debate.

If you brought their spin and bullshit when they sent their media bloke in here to "answer any questions" you're a muppet. I know you aren't DW, I know you didn't buy into that crap.....but every person on here who gives it "I knew they wouldn't get 4000..." can hardly be considered Nostradamus 2K14.

They were never, ever going to get any sort of support. Even if all their fans and members decided to go to an SANFL game it would probably be Adelaide v "the team they used to follow before the Crows" and not as a passionate AFC supporter.

So I am in noway surprised there was hardly any of them at Alberton on Saturday. The whole AFC set up in the SANFL is a farce.The system they are working under is shit. Some Neville Nobody was named to play for Norths reserves, McKernan is a late withdrawl with a runny nose and Neville goes from Norths reserves to SANFL League, not even for his club, in a matter of two hours.

Although, you cant blame them, how could anyone support that team.You don't even know the blokes who are playing in it!

So 400 AFC fans means there was only 5700 Port fans there, that is a joke too. Where are the rest of them ?
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:52 pm

you people be happy if 10k showed up??? would that be a acceptable number or what a bout 50k???? Alberton packed to the rafters!!! people unable to get in...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:52 pm

twosheds wrote:
Booney wrote:Let's just set one thing straight. Anyone who actually thought the SANFL Crows would pull any sort of crowd doesn't belong in any sort of meaningful debate.

If you brought their spin and bullshit when they sent their media bloke in here to "answer any questions" you're a muppet. I know you aren't DW, I know you didn't buy into that crap.....but every person on here who gives it "I knew they wouldn't get 4000..." can hardly be considered Nostradamus 2K14.

They were never, ever going to get any sort of support. Even if all their fans and members decided to go to an SANFL game it would probably be Adelaide v "the team they used to follow before the Crows" and not as a passionate AFC supporter.

So I am in noway surprised there was hardly any of them at Alberton on Saturday. The whole AFC set up in the SANFL is a farce.The system they are working under is shit. Some Neville Nobody was named to play for Norths reserves, McKernan is a late withdrawl with a runny nose and Neville goes from Norths reserves to SANFL League, not even for his club, in a matter of two hours.

Although, you cant blame them, how could anyone support that team.You don't even know the blokes who are playing in it!

So 400 AFC fans means there was only 5700 Port fans there, that is a joke too. Where are the rest of them ?

what's the crowd been like this year at elizabeth??? anywhere near 6k?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Rising Power » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:25 pm

twosheds wrote:

At home watching the game on Ch 7 and being exposed to adverts, which in turn helps your club.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:01 pm

I was surprised the crowd was that good, was expecting 3k max, what was the atmosphere like?

Question is though why aren't these 6k turning up every weekend? Seems to me they are more interested in seeing the individuals play rather than the team.

If they did turn up every weekend then they might be adding something to the league.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby SimonH » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:23 pm

SANFLnut wrote:No surprise to read above that Summerton, Bruggeman, Krakouer, Slattery, Haren had an impact on the result.
In case anyone had any doubt about the impact that the 'arrangements' (I hesitate to say 'rules') have had on the fact that Port Adelaide are 1st and Adelaide are 9th, last weekend confirmed it. By my count, Port had 15 AFL-listed players playing on the weekend (the above 5 plus Biemans are from the SANFL list), and Adelaide had 16. Port's 'seconds' AFL players may be a little bit further along in their development than Adelaide's—but the biggest difference between the two sides is how the above list of players compares with Will Paynter, Matt Thompson, Addison Burns and Sam Tharaldsen plus Ian Callinan.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Booney wrote:
Dog Day Afternoon wrote:I may have missed it but I haven't seen 1 person post a comment about the game as a post-game commentary. That is 5 pages of people who are still angry about the current setup with about a month to go to finals.

This is not good for the comp!

Moore and Summerton excellent for Port, Summerton will go close to a Magarey Medal if his form is rewarded with votes. He's been brilliant this year.

Mitchell kept Crouch out of the game after half time,Mitchell held him when Adelaide had the ball and Crouch couldn't keep up with Mitchell when the ball was going the other way. Crouch can get the ball but if Saturday is true to form he needs to work on his skill level, his want/need to kick the ball 10-15m instead of handballing is a worry. Although he is playing in a side that just gets made up on the day from some sort of school yard "I'll take him" selection policy.....

Haren battled well in the ruck, big Gus Bruggemann took some telling marks in defence and the likes of Gray, Slattery, Neade, Shaw and Harvey all had moments.

For Adelaide Rutten was far too good for Butcher, Porplyzia got "out the back" a couple of times for cheap ones while Petrenko, Graham and others looked unlikely to have any real impact.

Get used to that, its how you will be filling your team next year
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby matt35 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:00 pm

My girlfriend and I went along to Alberton on Saturday. I felt there was plenty of noise and passion from the Port Adelaide crowd, almost reminded me of the good old days of going to a big game at Alberton in that sense. What was missing, of course, was an opposition contingent. I was one of very few people getting excited at all when the Crows did anything. A couple of hundred Crows supporters there maximum!

What cannot be ignored whatever twist the usual suspects want to put on the crowd numbers, is that it's the biggest crowd that has attended a game at Alberton oval in years, at least since 2005 apparently. That, with very little help from an opposition contingent, and in spite of the fact the game was shown live on commercial television.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby TimmiesChin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Get used to that, its how you will be filling your team next year

I very much doubt that. Port will do more of what they did this year by signing country and amateur players, although I expect they will change the rules around past SANFL players somewhat which could mean a couple players are lost.

A model that "lends" players to other clubs has to be one of the strangest models ever conceived.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby saintal » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:32 pm

Dutchy wrote:I was surprised the crowd was that good, was expecting 3k max, what was the atmosphere like?

Question is though why aren't these 6k turning up every weekend? Seems to me they are more interested in seeing the individuals play rather than the team.

If they did turn up every weekend then they might be adding something to the league.

Perhaps for most 'Power Reserves' supporters the team they'd most enjoy knocking off these days are the Crows. A game against their AFL rivals appears to be much more enticing than a match against WWT or Westies etc.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby robranisgod » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:56 pm

matt35 wrote:My girlfriend and I went along to Alberton on Saturday. I felt there was plenty of noise and passion from the Port Adelaide crowd, almost reminded me of the good old days of going to a big game at Alberton in that sense. What was missing, of course, was an opposition contingent. I was one of very few people getting excited at all when the Crows did anything. A couple of hundred Crows supporters there maximum!

What cannot be ignored whatever twist the usual suspects want to put on the crowd numbers, is that it's the biggest crowd that has attended a game at Alberton oval in years, at least since 2005 apparently. That, with very little help from an opposition contingent, and in spite of the fact the game was shown live on commercial television.

Did a number of bay/crows supporters go to Alberton because I doubt that there were 100 bay supporters at Prospect
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby dedja » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:21 pm

I was one of those idiots at Prospect. Not sure if there was 100, depends on whether we are counting heads or legs.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby prowling panther » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Rising Power wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
Booney wrote:Not really, DW. Very few Adelaide fans attend their SANFL games and it was no different on Saturday. No surprise to see hardly any there.

6100, would have been lucky to be 400 Adelaide fans.

Anyway, it doesn't prove, disprove or otherwise the "success" of this years SANFL changes.

Does the SANFL get a cut of the gate money or does it to to Port Adeliade?

Happy to be corrected but my understanding is the SANFL takes all monies from tickets purchased at the gates and it's then redistributed evenly. Only monies from season tickets go direct the club.

As a side note, Port would have made an absolute killing on Saturday, especially with the 1914 guernsey on sale (more people wearing those than Crows fans). Bars packed, dining areas packed, merchandise store packed. I myself spent about $200 on all of the above.

:) More fool you. :)
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby sjt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Rising Power wrote:
twosheds wrote:

At home watching the game on Ch 7 and being exposed to adverts, which in turn helps your club.

How?
Is the sanfl going to make $1mill from it, and distribute amongst the clubs? Or are the professional clubs that dominate the telecasts going to contribute more to the financial cost? Did the sponsors that were going to pay for the commercial broadcast ever materialise?
sjt
League - Best 21

Been liked: 59 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:12 pm

sjt wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
twosheds wrote:

How?
Is the sanfl going to make $1mill from it, and distribute amongst the clubs? Or are the professional clubs that dominate the telecasts going to contribute more to the financial cost? Did the sponsors that were going to pay for the commercial broadcast ever materialise?

if you read the other thread, hickinbotham were certainly keen to advertise during south adelaide games apparently.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby sjt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:31 pm

bennymacca wrote:
sjt wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
twosheds wrote:

How?

if you read the other thread, hickinbotham were certainly keen to advertise during south adelaide games apparently.

And how does that help "two sheds" club? Pretty sure hickinbotham sponsored south last year.
sjt
League - Best 21

Been liked: 59 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL