SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Boosh » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:26 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:After realising all the work that had gone in over summer to recruit/retain and build for this season across the various clubs, and looking at how incredibly even the top 4 sides have become this season, looking ahead I'm curious on peoples thoughts about the end result for clubs that fall short when the cricket whites are getting dusted off in September.

If a club doesn't win the premiership this season or gain promotion, what impact will that have on these clubs? After a long and successful season, to fall short would it have a negative impact on clubs or positive(build a steely resolve, determination, focus etc)?

Take Rosewater for example (only because it's been well documented over their quality recruiting), if they fail this season, will they be able to retain their players next season? Mentally what sort of mindset would the playing group and people involved in the club hold approaching pre-season 2015 knowing that for the best part of 2 seasons they have been right at the top of the ladder but havent managed to take that last step? Not only that but knowing how successful you've been over the minor rounds so consistently and the gap from your best compared the worst side e.g. Angle Vale how hard would it be to motivate for another 9 months of total commitment?

On top of that what about the reserves if they win the flag, of course would be great but remaining in the same division next season, how will that impact them? I know personally looking back over the past couple of seasons in 7 and then this year in 6, it can be difficult at times to maintain the energy and motivation when there is such a large gap between the top sides and bottom and a majority of games appear a foregone conclusion before they are played and the margins reflect the lack of competitiveness in the match.

On the flip side, how do the clubs that go up and down respond? Would there be a fear of the unknown? For the side going up whether they can compete, what they lack and need, how much success they will have. For the side going down whether they can rebound and come back up, will they fall into a slump and find themselves down for an extended period of time.

Who would be feeling the pinch the most this August - the players or the football committees?

Anyway just trying to talk something else apart from suspensions and sanctions :lol:

Rosewater would build for another crack again, there's still some gems hiding in North Havens C and D Grades they can unearth. ;)
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:No point arguing about the penalty at this late stage because the conditions have been laid down by SAAFL and I assume agreed to by Central United. I'm sure Central United came into the 2014 season knowing exactly where they stood and that included the consequences of them (or one individual) over stepping the line again.

This is what I see as being the issue at play here, it smacks of arrogance from the SAAFL. Clubs like Central United, Smithfield, Salisbury West and the like are becoming the collateral damage of the Amateur league's power grab in the late 90s. The Old Scholars wanted to control metropolitan football and part of that was taking over the district leagues.

Now they are realizing it is a bit harder to manage than that and the college boys don't like playing the northern clubs. They place ridiculous conditions on these clubs (knowing full well they have no alternative to got to) and wait for them to fail.

This is nothing more than a dick measuring contest to show who's boss.

Penalising premiership points for one individual's indiscretion - that is obscene. The conditions should have been on the players involved, if they get found guilty it would be double to triple penalties for example, not penalizing the majority for the acts of the minority.

The Amateur league want these clubs out, that is the only explanation.

Westfields
Para District Uniting
Mile End Cats
Salisbury College
Campbelltown-Magill
Paralowie
Ovingham
who will be the next former CDFA club that the SAAFL will end?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Doghouse13 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Boosh wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:After realising all the work that had gone in over summer to recruit/retain and build for this season across the various clubs, and looking at how incredibly even the top 4 sides have become this season, looking ahead I'm curious on peoples thoughts about the end result for clubs that fall short when the cricket whites are getting dusted off in September.

If a club doesn't win the premiership this season or gain promotion, what impact will that have on these clubs? After a long and successful season, to fall short would it have a negative impact on clubs or positive(build a steely resolve, determination, focus etc)?

Take Rosewater for example (only because it's been well documented over their quality recruiting), if they fail this season, will they be able to retain their players next season? Mentally what sort of mindset would the playing group and people involved in the club hold approaching pre-season 2015 knowing that for the best part of 2 seasons they have been right at the top of the ladder but havent managed to take that last step? Not only that but knowing how successful you've been over the minor rounds so consistently and the gap from your best compared the worst side e.g. Angle Vale how hard would it be to motivate for another 9 months of total commitment?

On top of that what about the reserves if they win the flag, of course would be great but remaining in the same division next season, how will that impact them? I know personally looking back over the past couple of seasons in 7 and then this year in 6, it can be difficult at times to maintain the energy and motivation when there is such a large gap between the top sides and bottom and a majority of games appear a foregone conclusion before they are played and the margins reflect the lack of competitiveness in the match.

On the flip side, how do the clubs that go up and down respond? Would there be a fear of the unknown? For the side going up whether they can compete, what they lack and need, how much success they will have. For the side going down whether they can rebound and come back up, will they fall into a slump and find themselves down for an extended period of time.

Who would be feeling the pinch the most this August - the players or the football committees?

Anyway just trying to talk something else apart from suspensions and sanctions :lol:

Rosewater would build for another crack again, there's still some gems hiding in North Havens C and D Grades they can unearth. ;)

Cmon Boosh, don't get upset these blokes that have gone from Havens to Rosies are thriving in a different environment.. :lol: :lol:
Doghouse13

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:No point arguing about the penalty at this late stage because the conditions have been laid down by SAAFL and I assume agreed to by Central United. I'm sure Central United came into the 2014 season knowing exactly where they stood and that included the consequences of them (or one individual) over stepping the line again.

This is what I see as being the issue at play here, it smacks of arrogance from the SAAFL. Clubs like Central United, Smithfield, Salisbury West and the like are becoming the collateral damage of the Amateur league's power grab in the late 90s. The Old Scholars wanted to control metropolitan football and part of that was taking over the district leagues.

Now they are realizing it is a bit harder to manage than that and the college boys don't like playing the northern clubs. They place ridiculous conditions on these clubs (knowing full well they have no alternative to got to) and wait for them to fail.

Penalising premiership points for one individual's indiscretion - that is obscene. The conditions should have been on the players involved, if they get found guilty it would be double to triple penalties for example, not penalizing the majority for the acts of the minority.

Westfields
Para District Uniting
Mile End Cats
Salisbury College
Campbelltown-Magill
Paralowie
Ovingham

As against the blind ignorance in which the SFL is managed...

However if you’re right, just imagine what the league is going to do with Christies when they have to pick up the pieces after the SFL fall over ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Westfields
Para District Uniting
Mile End Cats
Salisbury College
Campbelltown-Magill
Paralowie
Ovingham

Half the Amateur League Executive is from "northern clubs" like Greenacres and Brahma. Rampant paranoia if I've ever heard it.

The more likely explanation is that those clubs are being penalised due to their despicable records.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby morell » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:36 pm

Sorry LGIL, you're a good poster, but:

morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:53 pm

jo172 wrote:
Half the Amateur League Executive is from "northern clubs" like Greenacres and Brahma. Rampant paranoia if I've ever heard it.

The more likely explanation is that those clubs are being penalised due to their despicable records.

Greenacres is not one of the ex CDFA clubs that I am aware, I thought they were North Adelaide District/Amateur League most of their history
Brahma Lodge is a fair call, or maybe they are just sinking the boots into their old rivals?

You only need to follow the attitudes on this forum to see that the old CDFA clubs are treated as the poor cousins. They do not fit the Amateur League and are certainly not seen as peers by the old scholars bloc.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:58 pm

jo172 wrote:

Greenacres is not one of the ex CDFA clubs that I am aware, I thought they were North Adelaide District/Amateur League most of their history
Brahma Lodge is a fair call, or maybe they are just sinking the boots into their old rivals?

You only need to follow the attitudes on this forum to see that the old CDFA clubs are treated as the poor cousins. They do not fit the Amateur League and are certainly not seen as peers by the old scholars bloc.

But the CDFA clubs are the ones misbehaving and hence why the league comes down on them. They toe the line and there is no issue....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm

jo172 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
morell wrote:No marbles. No.

That makes a mockery of the comp. What if they were due to play Ingle Farm, WC, BOS or Rosies? That side gets a week off leading into the finals and a huge leg up over other teams. Also, those teams due to host a home game miss out on valuable revenue - unfair on them.

Think things through before you post mate.

What the league has done is fine, it's working, sucks for the good people at CU but they knew the rules.

Look morell, what you say is right and they clearly knew the rules. Jetters is also very right too it just doesn't happen in the top echelon of the league and it has absolutely nothing to do with your mercenary ideals. :)

For me you can control a club but you can't control individuals even if you think everything is going well. With respect I site my tenure at MP, I clearly knew the priors of Luke Mac and frankly him and Nat were key reasons for me coming to the den. Luke is a gun person with a lovely family and clearly had turned the corner, but guess what, one dumb brain fade and back to earth we came. Nothing in it at the time but under the new league sanctions we could have been bottom two. Don't get me wrong I would trust Luke with my life but I was always on edge when he played. Is he dirty, no, is a moron, no, does he have white line fever, you bet your ass. I'm sure Bain is no different but in this instance the entire club pays the penalty. :o

The other reasonable point is that when 90% of these incidents occur the Club (and people around the Club) will rarely be shocked at the identity of the perpetrator involved (I have no idea whether this is the case for Bain). In that case where the Club is on conditional affiliation they play those players at their own risk imo.

@Yank Man, if MP was hypothetically under the same conditional affiliation as Central United was for this year in 2012, would it have changed your approach?

Absolutely, and it would have cost us a flag and a season of enjoyment for all the loyal MP people. I was very fortunate because the dead wood had already been weeded out and having been approached well before season 2010 had finished I had the bonus of watching their last 6 games before agreeing to terms for 2011. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Jetters » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Westfields
Para District Uniting
Mile End Cats
Salisbury College
Campbelltown-Magill
Paralowie
Ovingham

You are a spanner. You'd be one of those people that get caught speeding or drink driving and then blame the cops.

What should it take for the SAAFL to take a stand?? CU in the last couple of years have been guilty of of 40+ weeks of suspensions including spitting, striking and f@*king poo smearing!!

Penalising the whole club is the right option, it encourages clubs to take action before incidents take place.

This isn't a conspiracy, the northern suburb clubs have been the major culprits. Having said that, we've played Salisbury FC nearly ever year I've played and they are one of the fairest clubs going round, its a shame the clubs around them tarnish their name.

Well played SAAFL!
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby X Runna » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:07 pm

The college push, and hence the condemnation of the northern based clubs, is all due to ONE person. This bloke feels he IS amateur league, and yet the SAAFL keep getting sucked in by it.

Get rid of this prick entirely & the rest of the 65 clubs will finally get some honesty.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:22 pm

Am I missing something here or am I the only one that isn't seeing the college favouritism that you and LGIL seem to think is blatantly obvious? give us an example
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:46 pm

X Runna wrote:The college push, and hence the condemnation of the northern based clubs, is all due to ONE person. This bloke feels he IS amateur league, and yet the SAAFL keep getting sucked in by it.

Get rid of this prick entirely & the rest of the 65 clubs will finally get some honesty.

Is this about me :shock:

If it's not me pardon my ignorance as I'm out the loop but who are we talking about and is there a specific geographical line drawn where the bias begins :roll:

I recently moved to the Northern suburbs, should I be wary of random acts of bias :D I attended a college though so will I be free from condemnation.

Shit I'm confused :oops:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby X Runna » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:12 am

wristwatcher wrote:
X Runna wrote:The college push, and hence the condemnation of the northern based clubs, is all due to ONE person. This bloke feels he IS amateur league, and yet the SAAFL keep getting sucked in by it.

If it's not me pardon my ignorance as I'm out the loop but who are we talking about and is there a specific geographical line drawn where the bias begins :roll:

I recently moved to the Northern suburbs, should I be wary of random acts of bias :D I attended a college though so will I be free from condemnation.

No WW, not about you. It's about the same bloke whom it's always been about. Not saying any more.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:34 am

X Runna wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

No WW, not about you. It's about the same bloke whom it's always been about. Not saying any more.

Would you mind just sending me a PM so I can keep up with the conversation.

In all seriousness since I stopped doing the radio show in round 4 I have really focused on my job and only yesterday found out Smithfield got docked points. Plenty of controversy that much is for sure but I don't even know exactly what Smithfield or someone in their club did. I do miss all the action and interaction of the 66ish clubs.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby woofwoof » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:55 am

Is there any football this week end. Nobody here at central united is happy with whats happened , but we are moving
on and trying to win our last 3 games for this season. We've taken our punishment and again are embarrassed by 1 persons action.. who'd would of guessed that a report from a club boundry umpire would have caused all of this to happen. Oringinally only reported for high contact the rest came out during this wanker {bain} evidence.. bring on saturday so we have something else to talk about.
woofwoof

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:23 am

X Runna wrote:Not saying any more.
Well why say anything ???
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:07 am

Look Good In Leather wrote: Westfields
Para District Uniting
Mile End Cats
Salisbury College
Campbelltown-Magill
Paralowie
Ovingham

Pretty certain Westfields finished before the SAAFL days.
Mile End were booted after a trainer stabbed a Blakeview player with a pair of scissors (I know the victim of said stabbing). Blakeview, who you didn't mention, went because they were unsustainable, as were Ovingham, which had struggled for the best part of 20 years.
I don't recall a Salisbury College team, must've been a long time ago.
And Paralowie, I don't think their issues were the SAAFL's fault.

Good rant, though.

I have plenty of sympathy for Central United. However, they knew the rules for them this year and have worked hard to get around it. I don't see them complaining about anything, except for being let down by the actions of one representative. They've got a hard road ahead and, while I don't know too many people around the club these days, I know that they're keen to back it up - in order to survive.
To those who think it's easy to turnaround a club and just get rid of blokes before it happens, I'd like to see you come and try and work in a club that operates in these areas. The world's a pretty simple place when you come from, say, Unley. Rose-coloured glasses.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:13 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote: Westfields
Para District Uniting
Mile End Cats
Salisbury College
Campbelltown-Magill
Paralowie
Ovingham

Pretty certain Westfields finished before the SAAFL days.
Mile End were booted after a trainer stabbed a Blakeview player with a pair of scissors (I know the victim of said stabbing). Blakeview, who you didn't mention, went because they were unsustainable, as were Ovingham, which had struggled for the best part of 20 years.
I don't recall a Salisbury College team, must've been a long time ago.
And Paralowie, I don't think their issues were the SAAFL's fault.

Good rant, though.

I have plenty of sympathy for Central United. However, they knew the rules for them this year and have worked hard to get around it. I don't see them complaining about anything, except for being let down by the actions of one representative. They've got a hard road ahead and, while I don't know too many people around the club these days, I know that they're keen to back it up - in order to survive.
To those who think it's easy to turnaround a club and just get rid of blokes before it happens, I'd like to see you come and try and work in a club that operates in these areas. The world's a pretty simple place when you come from, say, Unley. Rose-coloured glasses.

I think he's referring to Salisbury Central.

I've seen the good, bad and ugly in most clubs, it's just stereotypical when it's a northern club that offends and is brought more to attention, there's bad apples everywhere, perhaps there are more in the northern suburbs.
It doesn't matter how well you conduct yourself when you're under scrutiny, you shag one goat and the whole town knows about it instantly and judges.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:16 am

Were Salisbury Central at the uni, LM? I don't even remember them.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League