Dangerfield Ouch

Talk on the national game

Re: Dangerfield Ouch

by tigerpie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:just when i thought there couldnt be a stupider thread on this site...

dangerfield is probably the hardest player in the afl right now (along with selwood imo)

you make it sound like he is faking all the knocks he gets. what complete crap.

I don't think he fakes injury but he does make a slight knock to a knee look like an amputation.

He's hard at the footy no doubt but he does carry on a bit too much for my liking....and only does it EVERY game.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 502 times
Been liked: 431 times

by bennymacca » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:07 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Or just something Crows supporters didn't want to come up.

why would i care? i care how he plays and if he gets up for the next game. the whole notion is blatantly ridiculous, if this is a troll then well played, if not then people are stupider than i thought. which is very very very stupid
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

by Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:10 pm

In a sporting community which discusses the complete minutiae of players, their behaviour, who they're shagging, hanging out with, whether their off-field life is affecting their on-field form, rivalries within clubs, who's getting employed by whom - this is a troll and people are stupid. Well done to you on being so much superior to everyone else and being above all of this.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

by bennymacca » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:In a sporting community which discusses the complete minutiae of players, their behaviour, who they're shagging, hanging out with, whether their off-field life is affecting their on-field form, rivalries within clubs, who's getting employed by whom - this is a troll and people are stupid. Well done to you on being so much superior to everyone else and being above all of this.

im glad you finally admitted that
bennymacca
Coach

by Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:14 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:In a sporting community which discusses the complete minutiae of players, their behaviour, who they're shagging, hanging out with, whether their off-field life is affecting their on-field form, rivalries within clubs, who's getting employed by whom - this is a troll and people are stupid. Well done to you on being so much superior to everyone else and being above all of this.

im glad you finally admitted that

I think you know I wasn't saying that.
Dogwatcher
Coach

by bennymacca » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:15 pm

come on, i thought my reply was pretty funny :D

still think the notion that dangerfield is even the slightest bit soft is one of the silliest things i have heard
bennymacca
Coach

by Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Didn't say he was soft. Saying he likes the attention. An actor.
Like James Brown and his cape act.

Dogwatcher
Coach

by woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:24 pm

:lol:
Attachments
swainpain_medium.gif
(4.98 MiB) Downloaded 1447 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2403 times

by HH3 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:38 pm

woodublieve12 wrote::lol:

:lol:

obviously needed that injury timeout.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

by wristwatcher » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:45 pm

I think the real story in this thread is how a Cennal Disrix and Collenwould supporter was able to correctly and in context use the word "minutiae" :lol:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

by bennymacca » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:49 pm

haha wp
bennymacca
Coach

by daysofourlives » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:13 pm

Dare i say Dangerfield and his antics could be more suited to the round ball game
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

by Chuck Wepner » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:21 pm

He either has a very low tolerance to pain & discomfort or he's a hypochondriac who loves the attention. Tough? Not even in the same galax y as Joel Selwood. :oops:
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

by kickinit » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:54 pm

bennymacca wrote:just when i thought there couldnt be a stupider thread on this site...

dangerfield is probably the hardest player in the afl right now (along with selwood imo)

you make it sound like he is faking all the knocks he gets. what complete crap.

Take those crow coloured glasses off benny Dangerfield is no way near the hardest player in the AFL
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

by Ron Burgundy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:29 pm

Chuck Wepner wrote:He either has a very low tolerance to pain & discomfort or he's a hypochondriac who loves the attention. Tough? Not even in the same galax y as Joel Selwood. :oops:

Sanderson has been really heavily involved with both Selwood and Dangerfield, and said on Monday night that Dangerfield is the most courageous player he has ever seen or coached. It seems an interesting call really, hard to compare to previous generations (some there harder than a cats head) but I'm sure he has a pretty good idea of who belongs in what footy galaxy with these two.

Dangerfield will continue to get banged up until he learns an outside game. He spends more time inside than Selwood who has the ability to be a receiver also. Dangerfield needs to be a better disposal he is going to do that. Does he overplay the knocks? Hard to know, but I'd rather him busting his nut to win the ball and be a little over the top sore, than have him sit back and be second to the pill.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

by dedja » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 pm

He's never seen Jono Brown or Glenn Archer?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 997 times

by Rik E Boy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Chuck Wepner wrote:He either has a very low tolerance to pain & discomfort or he's a hypochondriac who loves the attention. Tough? Not even in the same galax y as Joel Selwood. :oops:

Sanderson has been really heavily involved with both Selwood and Dangerfield, and said on Monday night that Dangerfield is the most courageous player he has ever seen or coached. It seems an interesting call really, hard to compare to previous generations (some there harder than a cats head) but I'm sure he has a pretty good idea of who belongs in what footy galaxy with these two.

Dangerfield will continue to get banged up until he learns an outside game. He spends more time inside than Selwood who has the ability to be a receiver also. Dangerfield needs to be a better disposal he is going to do that. Does he overplay the knocks? Hard to know, but I'd rather him busting his nut to win the ball and be a little over the top sore, than have him sit back and be second to the pill.

Yeah he's really going to say his current player isn't as tough as Selwood.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

by amber_fluid » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:54 pm

dedja wrote:He's never seen Jono Brown or Glenn Archer?

Or Gary Macintosh, McDermott, Martin Leslie...........
Dangerfield doesn't even come close to these guys...........
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

by Ron Burgundy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:

Yeah he's really going to say his current player isn't as tough as Selwood.

regards,

REB

I didn't say he said that.

It is a questionable statement no doubt.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

by Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:49 am

wristwatcher wrote:

I think the real story in this thread is how a Cennal Disrix and Collenwould supporter was able to correctly and in context use the word "minutiae" :lol:

The sequel to the story is a Powah supporter knowing the word, as well as contexts it should be used in ;)
Some of us got edumacated.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL