SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby beeroclock » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
beeroclock wrote:Crazy how three 100 kg plus players can be the difference.
Pull your heads in Farms and work harder.

No disrespect to the bloke, but it is **** embarrassing when a bloke who prob would struggle to get a C grade game at the Farm, waddle walks because he can't run and looks like he is closer to 40 than the regular B grader sits in the backlines and just mops up the snot coming in.. Then if I'm not mistaken found his way up forward in the last and kicked a crucial goal.

In other news your lad was good today, B.O.G for farmers by the length of Flemington - him and McGahey kept us in the game I.M.O

The kids were great.
There's another that should be in there as well.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby The Ash Man » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Wobbly wheels at the farm?
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:44 am

The Ash Man wrote:Wobbly wheels at the farm?

If they win next week they will be top going into Round 18. No need to panic just yet I wouldn't have thought
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:33 am

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (22.3 KiB) Viewed 1409 times

how did the predictor fair?? predicted results above & actual results below

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (48.5 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:38 am

wristwatcher wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Wobbly wheels at the farm?

If they win next week they will be top going into Round 18. No need to panic just yet I wouldn't have thought

Massive game for them next week. They lose to BOS and they hand over the minor premiership and the week off with BOS having a win and percentage boost against Mitchell Park in the last game.

My money's on BOS at home. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:51 am

Wouldn't bother talking about minor premierships, Ingle Farm are in serious danger of slipping out of the top 3 in both grades, and on form could see straight sets exits from finals.

Will be interesting to see how they respond to this slump and the attitude they take into the last period of the season.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Wouldn't bother talking about minor premierships, Ingle Farm are in serious danger of slipping out of the top 3 in both grades, and on form could see straight sets exits from finals.

Will be interesting to see how they respond to this slump and the attitude they take into the last period of the season.

On the up side, at least they won't get relegated. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:25 pm

i think the farmers are a bit in the same boat as port power

the new kids on the block steam up the ranks to suddenly find themselves on top spot

they remain on the perch for an extended period of time floating on the greatest altitude then all to lose sight of where they were rising to in the first place because the rising has halted, theres no more places to rise to, so the steam train is deflating because the wait for the finals is too long
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby beeroclock » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:11 am

marbles wrote:i think the farmers are a bit in the same boat as port power

the new kids on the block steam up the ranks to suddenly find themselves on top spot

they remain on the perch for an extended period of time floating on the greatest altitude then all to lose sight of where they were rising to in the first place because the rising has halted, theres no more places to rise to, so the steam train is deflating because the wait for the finals is too long

Geez that's dumb.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:38 am

and you're surprised... why?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby beeroclock » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:49 am

Footy Chick wrote:and you're surprised... why?

I'm learning.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby Arch44 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:17 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:West Croydon in a canter tomorrow.

#knowsfootball 8)

Happy for you to be right

Well done and congrats to your B grade today Arch. Thoroughly deserved the win, played a good brand of football, were committed and wanted it. Thought some of your older players really stood up especially when the going got tough and the communication on the ground amongst the WC players was very good.

Probably unlucky you didn't win by 6-10 goals.

That number 10 goes alright, bloody kid can run! Very quick but incredible agility and wasn't afraid to kick either foot. Carved us up.

Good luck for finals.

Cheers mate. Not sure about winning by 6-10 goals you blokes responded well after we got 3 goal lead and like you say we did too in the last quarter when the pressure was on. Yeah 10 goes pretty well still trying to iron out some bad habits though. 25 I think it was for you guys is also very quick and sparked the side I thought. Was a pretty good game of Bgrade footy IMO.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:34 am

Arch44 wrote:Sorry mate had to shoot off. Wife's car broke down

All good, I purchased one & told the barman to give it to you later. If it didn't make it too you, break his knee caps ;)
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:35 am

Ladder after Rd 17:
28 - Blackfriars
26 - Ingle Farm
26 - West Croydon
24 - Rosewater
18 - Lockleys
-----------------------------------
16 - Fitzroy
06 - Mawson Lakes
05 - Central United
02 - Mitchell Park
00 - Angle Vale

Div 6R
28 - Rosewater
28 - Lockleys
26 - Ingle Farm
24 - West Croydon
16 - Mawson Lakes
----------------------------------
14 - Fitzroy
08 - Blackfriars
05 - Central United
02 - Flinders Uni
00 - Angle Vale

Round 17:
Angle Vale(10th) v Mitchell Park(9th)
Blackfriars(1st) v Ingle Farm(2nd)
Central United(8th) v Mawson Lakes (7th)
Fitzroy (6th) v Rosewater (4th)
Lockleys (5th) v West Croydon(3rd)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:56 am

the milky bar kid wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Sorry mate had to shoot off. Wife's car broke down

All good, I purchased one & told the barman to give it to you later. If it didn't make it too you, break his knee caps ;)

:lol: Yep it made its way to me I had about 3 blokes tell me and I was surprised none of them had it. Cheers.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:57 am

As we embark on the final fortnight of the minor round, the top 5 in both grades is still not set in stone and we are no closer to knowing the final positions of sides. All sides have plenty to play for over the coming weeks, which promises to set up a cracking finish heading into a hotly contested finals series.

Round 17:
Angle Vale(10th) v Mitchell Park(9th) - Plenty on the line here for both sides, each have struggled this season and will be counting down the days until Mad Monday when they can get a reprieve and begin shifting their focus towards next year and re-building, however this is a golden opportunity for each to taste some much needed success. Angle Vale will be desperate to break the duck, whereas Mitchell Park will be looking to avoid the spoon. This game may not have any bearing on the final 5, but i'm sure it will be played with as much vigor as any of the other top games this weekend.

Blackfriars(1st) v Ingle Farm(2nd) - Beauty beauty.. BOS now command top spot and with Mitchell Park last round, the minor premiership is theirs to lose. Continue to churn out the performances and receive quality consistent efforts from their top line players. Always difficult to beat at home, the Hounds will be very excited about this one. Ingle Farm on the flip side have faltered over the past fortnight, dropping consectutive games and questions are starting to be asked. Lose this match and the Farmers could find themselves in 4th spot Saturday night with a showdown against Lockleys in Rd 18 providing no let up to the tough challenges. Can Ingle Farm respond and arrest this decline, or will their slide gain momentum?

Central United(8th) v Mawson Lakes (7th) - Central United will be eager to win this game. Still hurting from the points deduction, a win to the Units here will see them leap frog Mawson Lakes on the ladder back into 7th position - probably a fitting finish given their inconsistent season. Mawson Lakes similiarly to the sides beneath them will be looking forward to the end of the season, things haven't gone well for Lakes in the A grade this season but at least they will have the opportunity to support their lower grades in finals and take some positive aspects from the season.

Fitzroy (6th) v Rosewater (4th) - Fitzroy are making one last surge for the 5, final home game for the season this week and as I mentioned a few weeks back they would've circled this match up and been preparing themselves for their grand final this Saturday. Unfortunately they probably couldn't have asked for a worse time to run into Rosies, with the 'Dogs in scintillating touch leading into the major round. Although still 4th on the ladder, Rosewater have roared back into contention for a top 2 finish with back to back wins.

Lockleys (5th) v West Croydon(3rd)[/quote] - Lockleys have clung onto 5th place for a large portion of the season without looking overly dangerous. Always perform well at home, and a club that has great depth, they shouldn't be underestimated in this clash - or through the finals for that matter. A win for Lockleys will secure that last finals spot on the ladder, and they'll be able to breath easier heading into next weeks triple header at Rowe Park, knowing they'll get a crack at the big time the week after. West Croydon have sent shockwaves through the league in recent weeks, going BANG BANG with an away win at Rosewater, then not only winning but smashing Ingle Farm on the weekend. The Hawks will fancy themselves in their remaining two games against sides beneath them, and will be keen to secure a top 2 finish.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:07 am

Div 6R
West Croydon was arguably the suprise result of the weekend, knocking off Ingle Farm who were still fighting to finish high on the ladder. A largely different side to the first encounter, West Croydon played a fast running style football, complimented by cool heads in hot situations, they were able to expose the Farmers lack of accountability and laziness on several occasions.This result should give them great confidence heading into the finals, and should they bring the same game to Lockleys this weekend, then suddenly a double chance is not out of the question.

Ingle Farm let a golden opportunity slide with Rosewater beating Lockleys, the Farmers could've climbed back into 2nd place and placed themselves well to finish there. They'll need to reassess and find something after back to back loses if they are to seriously contend this finals series. Blackfriars wont be a walk in the park, and Lockleys last round who have been the benchmark for most of the season will do them no favours.

Rosewater are at the top of the mountain and that is where they'll finish the minor round. I've said for most of the season they were the best side in the division despite their ladder position, and finally they are where they probably belong. During their tough period they did enough to win and stay in touch with the pace setters, now they are looking a lot more settled the 'Dogs are making their move in a big way.

Lockleys have led the way for most of the season, but their 2nd loss on the weekend for the year has seen them slip back to 2nd, lucky to hold onto that spot due to the Farmers results, The Demons now need to focus and regroup for their final home game of the season, a win at home will all but secure 2nd place. West Croydon will be no easy match up though, and if they are complacent they may well find themselves lower on the ladder after this weekend.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:16 am

beeroclock wrote:

I'm learning.

meh. novice.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:18 am

nonsense we need more fisty
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:25 am

Shout out to the Central United coach - thought his address at three quarter time was perfect. Things were getting a bit fiery with old mate Woodward and I made an effort to lend an ear to see what they said. He defused everything perfectly and lead his charges well. Incident free last quarter ensued.

Well done.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League