Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:40 am

bennymacca wrote:
Gozu wrote:I saw Mackay at the post office a few weeks ago and was surprised how small he is general size wise for an AFL player just looks like a regular guy.

On the loss to West Coast today sums up the Crows season, consistently inconsistent.

pretty much. looked like a top 4 side when it all worked, but it worked for about 40% of the time.

big difference was their skills going forward. delivery was awesome to kennedy

Yeah na your right they look like a top 4 side alot :roll: and yet they are the new Richmond, 9th.
Not premiership favourites for this week at least.
16 years and counting since you done anything remotely relevant.
Serious question, i was having a discussion with a mate on facebook, who has the better list between Brisbane and Adelaide? ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby redden whites » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:14 am

looked like a top 4 side at times . ha ha ha
you lot are unbelievable
redden whites
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:07 am

Are you guys retarded? I said in the smallest patches we are great. But we do it for a quarter or two.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:26 am

bennymacca wrote:Are you guys retarded? I said in the smallest patches we are great. But we do it for a quarter or two.

Lol throwing the word 'great' around far to easy I suspect
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:53 am

bennymacca wrote:Are you guys retarded? I said in the smallest patches we are great. But we do it for a quarter or two.

Yesterday was a poor example though, good for first 10 minutes of the 1st and then good again for about 10-15 in the 3rd, average for the rest of the first, all of the second and only about half of the third. Last quarter was bottom 4 stuff though. I admit after 10 minutes I thought how far for Adelaide but they just switched off and then after doing the hardwork in the third and getting a couple up they once again switched off. That last quarter was as bad as you will see
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:42 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Yesterday was a poor example though, good for first 10 minutes of the 1st and then good again for about 10-15 in the 3rd, average for the rest of the first, all of the second and only about half of the third. Last quarter was bottom 4 stuff though. I admit after 10 minutes I thought how far for Adelaide but they just switched off and then after doing the hardwork in the third and getting a couple up they once again switched off. That last quarter was as bad as you will see

No Jim

They were 'great' it was as good as anything we have seen from Essendon 2000, Brisbane three peat or Geelong in the last 7 years
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Gozu » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Jim05 wrote:That last quarter was as bad as you will see

It also confirmed we've got no business playing finals. If you're serious you take care of a side below you on the ladder like West Coast especially at home not meekly surrender so they can put up a comfortable percentage boosting win. One of the more disappointing performances I've seen from the Crows in recent years yesterday. That and the loss at home to Melbourne but this game had far more on the table especially with the soft finish to our season's schedule. Some over look those three floggings to start the season but since we still haven't shown we deserve to be in the finals.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:06 pm

I only watched the last quarter and admittedly at 5am but from what I saw I think people are looking past one fairly obvious fact. West Coast were very good in the last quarter. Perhaps the Crows could have done more but the Weagles played some irrepressible footy.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:09 pm

I thought the eagles lifted a lot and the crows played a little worse
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Sorry Dude » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:26 am

bennymacca wrote:I thought the eagles lifted a lot and the crows played a little worse

Is this Brenton Sanderson?? Sounds like the same replayed answers we get from him every week. ;)

Yes, the Crows have played good football this year, but to say we play like a top 4 team in patches is silly. Do Sydney play top 4 footy in patches??? NO! They play top 4 footy all game. The difference is, is when they are challenged they lift and play better again.

The Crows do not deserve to play finals football based on this yoyo footy they have dished up all season long. In saying that though, I will support my team from the first bounce to the last bounce loud and proud.
Last edited by Sorry Dude on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:28 am

Sorry Dude wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I thought the eagles lifted a lot and the crows played a little worse

Is this Brenton Sanderson?? Sounds like the same replayed answers we get from him every week.

Yes, the Crows have played good football this year, but to say we play like a top 4 team in patches is silly. Do Sydney play top 4 footy in patches??? NO! They play top 4 footy all game. The difference is, is when they are challenged they lift and play better again.

The Crows do not deserve to play finals football based on this yoyo footy they have dished up all season long. In saying that though, I will support my team from the first bounce to the last bounce loud and proud.

thats my whole point. we are nowhere near the top teams, and do not deserve to play finals. but it is even more frustrating because once every three weeks, or even once every 3 quarters, we play like a team that is good enough for finals. that to me is even worse than just being bad, because it tells me it is probably mental.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Sorry Dude » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:33 am

bennymacca wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:

Is this Brenton Sanderson?? Sounds like the same replayed answers we get from him every week.

thats my whole point. we are nowhere near the top teams, and do not deserve to play finals. but it is even more frustrating because once every three weeks, or even once every 3 quarters, we play like a team that is good enough for finals. that to me is even worse than just being bad, because it tells me it is probably mental.

I think it may be partly the mental side, but I think a lot of it comes down to pre game and the coaches box too. We have guys who are tearing it up in the SANFL and then a guy like Matthew Wright who plods along and has one good week in every 4-5 that keeps getting picked. Also to a lesser extent is Rory Laird. Great impact player (Collingwood game - 12 first 1/4 disposals and then 9 for the last 3 1/4's), but really seems non-existent at times..
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:05 am

we have too many samey midfielders.

laird, wright, martin, mackay, otten, henderson, grigg. all not particularly skilled, not particularly quick, in the case of hendo and otten not tall enough to play key defence but not quick or penetrating enough to play half back.

we need a real injection of pace and skill into our outside game. sloane dangerfield and crouch are three of the better inside mids in the comp, but we really lack outside speed. i would really love to see dangerfield get more of his ball on the outside like he has in previous years, it makes him much more damaging.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:29 pm

crows beat the pies in melb, and all crows fan talking about how good this that and the other is
crows lose to eagles a week later at home and all of a sudden everything is wrong, fitness, mentality, players are no good

gee how things change in a week.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby gossipgirl » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:48 pm

Johno6 wrote:crows beat the pies in melb, and all crows fan talking about how good this that and the other is
crows lose to eagles a week later at home and all of a sudden everything is wrong, fitness, mentality, players are no good

that's footy you should try following it :D
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:49 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
Johno6 wrote:crows beat the pies in melb, and all crows fan talking about how good this that and the other is

that's footy you should try following it :D

The highlighted bit didn't change
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:16 pm

It's as inconsistent as my teams performances!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:35 am

I must be retarded because I think 40% is a little more than smallest patches
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:46 am

Varies from week to week. Thought we played really well against collingwood and hawthorn. Makes it all the more frustrating against west Coast Carlton and Melbourne.

Worried about the Brisbane game
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:25 am

guess after that win we are premiership favourites again :D

Was great fun to see my crowboys interstate, it was the first time i had done so. There was a surprising amount of crows supporters up there. Out of the disappointing crowd of 19k, i would have guessed maybe 3k were crows supporters. In the general admission area at the north of the ground where i was seated, it would have been more like 50/50 (not even including the cheer squad)

i have never yelled so much in my life. especially when eeeddddiiiieeee went anywhere near the ball. also when jaryd lyons went anywhere near it, for the obvious brisbane puns. he sure kicked the winning score. was great fun. i think ill make it a yearly thing to get to brisbane/gold coast every year (to see friends as well)

more specifically on the game, i was a bit worried really early as brisbane seemed to have no pressure running through the midfield, and got a couple of really easy goals, but after that our midfield just got on top and it was all over from there. Im still slightly worried rockliff got 40 touches in a side that got smashed so comprehensively - it shows that without VB or Kerridge we probably cant shut players down, and that can hurt us against good teams i think.

forward line worked really well. was great to see tex monster a game, and although he got most of his goals in junk time, he still moved really well and the delivery to him was great, which makes a nice change from previous weeks.

sad to see andy otten go down with an ACL, that bloke cant take a trick. not in our best 22 but really important to our structure as he can play third tall or on the mid sized players. im not sure how far off sam shaw is, but maybe he comes into the side. otherwise, henderson becomes the third tall defender and he gets exposed 1 on 1 more than otten (not that otten is great).

huge game against richmond this week. even though richmond have been going well, i think we should have a good win. though i would have said that against west coast too. but winning this game probably means we can drop one of the last two and still make it.
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL