HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL C Grade discussion

Postby Tanka » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:Any results from the weekend? None up on the Hills league site.

Barker beat Milang and Ironbank beat Loby. Not sure of the final scores though
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby bailey39 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Hear the roar wrote:I heard that Mt Barker rolled Ironbank yesterday. Did you play B39? A match report would be good. So there you go; bottom side defeats top side in stand alone Cs. Good for the competition; great stuff Roos! Lets hope the HFL take note when programming for next year. :?

sorry about the delay. No i didn't play mate back in WA now, good to see them get the win though :)
bailey39
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:56 pm

What's happened to Milang this year HTR they are a bit off the pace. Need to beat Uraidla or they may miss the finals. Thought you guys might have another crack at a flag. Still hope you do though.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Hear the roar » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:What's happened to Milang this year HTR they are a bit off the pace. Need to beat Uraidla or they may miss the finals. Thought you guys might have another crack at a flag. Still hope you do though.

Good to hear from you again YOPK. We are still hanging in there; we didn't beat Uri but Barker obliged over Lobey. It will go down to the wire as we have the last minor round bye.
Yep, you are right in that we are a bit off the pace this year. It's no secret that we struggle with evening/night games on wet grounds. We play best on Sundays, which suits our local/rural players, but we seem to have drawn the short straw when the fixtures were dealt, not to mention having to play Ironbank away 4 times in 15 games :-(
Our long injury list has gradually depleted our pretty well bottomless pit of keen players.
Having said that, the standard of Cs has really elevated this year, which is what we all want. As a club, we need to step up and realise this. Finishing lower in a strong comp rather than winning in a weak one will encourage us to build on an already very strong player and supporter base.
We favour a 'stand alone' C Grade comp played on Sundays which we believe will be a great equaliser while encouraging families to attend.
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Tanka » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:32 am

We favour a 'stand alone' C Grade comp played on Sundays which we believe will be a great equaliser while encouraging families to attend.[/quote]

What about a stand alone comp on Saturdays would you be interested??
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times

Postby Hear the roar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:17 pm

Tanka wrote:We favour a 'stand alone' C Grade comp played on Sundays which we believe will be a great equaliser while encouraging families to attend.

What about a stand alone comp on Saturdays would you be interested??[/quote]

A very good suggestion Tanka. I don't think this idea has been floated as far as I know. It would certainly ensure that keen and genuine C Graders play, as there wouldn't be any A or B graders available to top up sides. It would also be more family-friendly. Country Cs Friday night footy is just too hard for many, especially if you have players doing outdoor physical day jobs until 5, travel over 50 kms, have a meat pie on the run and be on the ground by 7, not to mention support staff.
It has also been challenging for away sides playing Cs on Saturday nights after the home spectators have been at the ground all day. Not an easy gig.
We would be very intested.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Kickittometoo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Right on the ball HTR. Which is why I can't play Cs as I'd like to do, been talking about it long enough. Fridays no good for me as I'm stuffed after a weeks work. Saturday night not good for families as it can get a bit feral on the outer at times. Saturday or Sunday arvo fixtures with no other grade played would be the go and would keep it all keen and clean. May also sort and curb the huge advantage clubs such as Uri and IB have in Cs as it stands now. Saturdays sound good Tanka.
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:13 am

Sunday footy just isn't working from a volunteers point of view. Yesterday Ironbank played Mt Barker at 2 pm. Mt Barker FAILED to supply a boundary and goal umpire. Ironbank volunteers had to fill these voids. Mt Barker kick their heels up and down for Sunday footy only but can't even supply the required people to do the job. It's simple - most people (particularly those with young families and those involved on Saturdays) want their Sundays to be free. Friday night footy is the best option for C grade moving forward in the future. The only Saturday night games should be between those clubs that play on that day (ie. Ironbank v Uraidla U13, U15, U17, Cs, Bs, As). And in that order as the B grade players will be less likely to play Cs if the Bs are straight after. It's all in the scheduling and planning which as I understand is done at a rushed meeting 2 or 3 weeks before Round 1. Most clubs now have suitable lights for night time footy so there are no excuses. Scrap Sundays because they just don't work.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby Hear the roar » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:31 pm

C Crade Grand Final berths decided last night.

BARKEROOS over Ironbank in a nail-biting and tenacious win of just a few points.

URAIDLA over Milang by plenty. Panthers not up to the contest on the night but will be back.

Very heartening to see MB triumph with their side of mostly genuine C Craders and good support staff. Dollar, you are priceless mate.

URI v MB at Ironbank this Friday night I believe.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Hear the roar wrote:C Crade Grand Final berths decided last night.

BARKEROOS over Ironbank in a nail-biting and tenacious win of just a few points.

URAIDLA over Milang by plenty. Panthers not up to the contest on the night but will be back.

Very heartening to see MB triumph with their side of mostly genuine C Craders and good support staff. Dollar, you are priceless mate.

Bad luck HTR. Was there a good crowd last night? Did the night go well for the club organization wise? Any feedback on playing night finals at Milang?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Amateur Footy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:17 am

Very uniformed post there. Mount barker have played this game with 6 permits yet they are the one with genuine c graders. Give us a break.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:

Bad luck HTR. Was there a good crowd last night? Did the night go well for the club organization wise? Any feedback on playing night finals at Milang?

Excellent crowd and great atmosphere. We received dozens of comments about the magnificent condition of the oval and the very effective lighting.
The canteen did well but most spectators brought their own eskies. Some complained that 6.30 was too early for a night final due to players' work committments etc. Our game didn't start until 8.15 and it felt a bit odd having presentations at 10.30, but all in all it was very workable from our point of view. I did hear though, that it took many hours behind the scenes to make it happen, as in canteen, line-marking, mowing etc. Being a week-day, it took some of our volunteers away from their day jobs. But we were glad to play finals and had a great night despite the result.
There were a couple of hiccups. The League didn't provide any boundary umpires and they brought flat footballs I believe.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:

Very uniformed post there. Mount barker have played this game with 6 permits yet they are the one with genuine c graders. Give us a break.

Oh well, there you go. Fair comment if that's correct. We didn't see the game from the rooms so I am uninformed. We play stacked sides every game and Barker had the most familiar faces in the minor round. I stand corrected. :oops:
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby the wonder elephant » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:32 am

Hear the roar wrote:
Amateur Footy wrote:

Oh well, there you go. Fair comment if that's correct. We didn't see the game from the rooms so I am uninformed. We play stacked sides every game and Barker had the most familiar faces in the minor round. I stand corrected. :oops:

How do play stacked sides every week ? With out other teams you wouldnt even have a comp ! Surley some players are going to double up some weeks due to injury or lack of numbers ...... :shock:
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Droversdog » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:12 pm

Htr I would be very interested in your opinions as to how C Crade could work on a level playing field as I suspect you know a bit. What do you think the criteria should be and how would the league keep tabs on this? Who has the right to play and who doesn't? I appreciate Milang's position having no higher grades to stack from and no doubt this would be very frustrating. Of course stacking happens. I experienced it first hand a season or 2 back when my own lad was a genuine C grader all year at a Central club and was dropped in a final for permit players. What are permit players Htr and for that matter, who runs Cs at HFL level? Good luck to Milang. I only saw one game this year and your boys were really competitive.
Droversdog
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Kickittometoo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:03 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:

Aw diddums AF. Sour grapes. No need to apologise HTR. I saw both games and 3 out of 4 sides on the night had players who shouldnt have been there.
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby has been » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 pm

Believe IB have made a complaint re Mt Barker permit players. Be interesting to see what transpires. There is actually no rule that states senior colts players need play a certain number of c grade games to qualify for finals. Mt Barker are a smart club and exploited the laws that state senior colts must have played 3 games for the club. IB played crap anyway and did not deserve to win. Their players admit that. Move on...once again not good enough.
has been
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Wouldn't a simple rule be that if you have played more games in another grade A, B, S/C then you can't play C's finals unless you are are short of players then a permit be given but only to a player who has played C and B grade. Don't know anything about S/C playing C's but unless they have been filling in most of the year for C's why should they? If a lad has any talent wouldn't you play them in the A or B's?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Postby Afterthesiren » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:01 pm

Mt Barker have been disqualified. Uraidla v Ironbank Grand Final.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Legs Man » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Wow - why were they disqualified?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

PreviousNext