Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Lame Choice » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:44 am

magpieeagle wrote:I find it hard to understand how a group of grown males can decide the fate of a 14yr olds footy career 4 games left in a season, I was under the standing that junior football was about teaching the rules of the game and to encourage kids to get into sport and out of the house, not to play for bloody sheep stations and be afraid of a player beaning better as a yr goes on through good teaching and coaching just to kick him to the side lines, I doubt very much that this lad will play sport and slip back into the video game mode, I for one am disappointed at this decision and just shows that this league is not in the real world when it comes to junior football or development . For goodness sake we are talking about 14 yr olds not 17 yr olds.
If a decision is to made on a players permit it should be made on june 30th like everything else, not bloody 4 games from finals, so he is tall, well has anyone looked at how tall our fellow association 14yr olds are? piss weak reason. I have found this season with a lot of junior coaches it has been a lot about spite against other players/teams and not the good of junior footy, the league made all junior teams sign a good code of conduct form, has never been adhered to by any club yet including mine, junior footy is about good times and mates, dosent seem to be like that anymore.

I agree the timing stinks. However in the APFL Junior Panel defence, the permit players are progressively monitored and assessed on ability criteria. I guess they thought this lad has improved to the point where the permit conditions don't apply??
On a positive though, I suppose an U17 premiership medal might ease the pain :D
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:I find it hard to understand how a group of grown males can decide the fate of a 14yr olds footy career 4 games left in a season, I was under the standing that junior football was about teaching the rules of the game and to encourage kids to get into sport and out of the house, not to play for bloody sheep stations and be afraid of a player beaning better as a yr goes on through good teaching and coaching just to kick him to the side lines, I doubt very much that this lad will play sport and slip back into the video game mode, I for one am disappointed at this decision and just shows that this league is not in the real world when it comes to junior football or development . For goodness sake we are talking about 14 yr olds not 17 yr olds.
If a decision is to made on a players permit it should be made on june 30th like everything else, not bloody 4 games from finals, so he is tall, well has anyone looked at how tall our fellow association 14yr olds are? piss weak reason. I have found this season with a lot of junior coaches it has been a lot about spite against other players/teams and not the good of junior footy, the league made all junior teams sign a good code of conduct form, has never been adhered to by any club yet including mine, junior footy is about good times and mates, dosent seem to be like that anymore.

I agree the timing stinks. However in the APFL Junior Panel defence, the permit players are progressively monitored and assessed on ability criteria. I guess they thought this lad has improved to the point where the permit conditions don't apply??

Surely the league is required to make a decision prior to the June 30 deadline for transfers to other leagues. If not, then something is seriously wrong with the system.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Lame Choice » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:

Surely the league is required to make a decision prior to the June 30 deadline for transfers to other leagues. If not, then something is seriously wrong with the system.

The players in question haven't tranferred leagues. In fact they are still playing for the same club. They have been assessed as now not qualifying for the overage permit based on aquired ability. I'm not personally involved in this decision, but expect this is what happened based on the permit criteria and assessment process.
I agree with maggie though, in that the permit being withdrawn this late in the season seems odd. I think he is drawing a parallel with the transfer of players prior to June 30, which is a fair call imo.
If the club has concerns, then they can take it to the APFL board, but I'll expect they will support the Junior Panels decision rather than overrule them. It's worth mentioning that the junior panel is comprised of a rep from each club and the permits are a majority rather than an individuals decision.
Hope this makes sense.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:29 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:

The players in question haven't tranferred leagues. In fact they are still playing for the same club. They have been assessed as now not qualifying for the overage permit based on aquired ability. I'm not personally involved in this decision, but expect this is what happened based on the permit criteria and assessment process.
I agree with maggie though, in that the permit being withdrawn this late in the season seems odd. I think he is drawing a parallel with the transfer of players prior to June 30, which is a fair call imo.
If the club has concerns, then they can take it to the APFL board, but I'll expect they will support the Junior Panels decision rather than overrule them. It's worth mentioning that the junior panel is comprised of a rep from each club and the permits are a majority rather than an individuals decision.
Hope this makes sense.

isn't that what development of a player is, teach a player who hasn't played the game before the game, after 12 games with the amount of coaching put into this lad you would expect a bit of improvement, we want /need junior players in this league but can see this whole family(as the lads brother plays as well) walk away after this, and 4 games left, cmon a bit of common sense here
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Someone's permit to play junior colts get revoked I'm guessing?

Does seem a strange time, you're right. Should have either been picked up ages ago or acted on after the season.

Correct Onsong. if they say he is too big for a permit in junior colts(never played before) these decisions should be made before june 30th or after the season, I was strongly against a HWE senior colt losing his earlier on when they struggle for numbers.

How many games has the young fella played Magpies. Does seem strange timing.

If the Hummocks fella is playing A Grade or even reserves that is instant loss of permit to me. Nothing at all to do with numbers. The idea of a permit is to assist development as they are INCAPABLE of playing the grade above.

Did this Mallala lad play Senior Colts at all? If so, then to me that is instant loss of permit and could be a reason.

He came out to training at the start of the yr to watch his brother train, has never played the game so was invited to join in if he is there watching, has had a lot of coaching and one on one work and has played most of the yr, yes you would expect some improvement in a player after all this but has never played above that level and has struggled to train above that level, seems stupid to wait till 4 games to go to revoke a permit.
Wasn't aware that the HWE player played above a grade till now.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby OnSong » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:11 pm

I know this sounds harsh but does he even stand out in games? Isn't the idea to revoke permits when the player gets too good, not too tall?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:55 pm

OnSong wrote:I know this sounds harsh but does he even stand out in games? Isn't the idea to revoke permits when the player gets too good, not too tall?

Was put in best a couple of times as accentive to keep trying which maybe was wrong to do so, but apparently its his height against smaller players is the problem, pushes them over to easy,
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Story this afternoon that Brad Wilson has been picked to play U18 at WWTFC this weekend at Noarlunga, following his dads footsteps.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Lame Choice » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:28 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Story this afternoon that Brad Wilson has been picked to play U18 at WWTFC this weekend at Noarlunga, following his dads footsteps.

Well done if so. Looks like he has really worked on his fitness since last year and if the eagles can get a preseason or two into him I don't think he'll be back at Pie land for a few years.

Harry Gameau also carving up I hear.
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Story this afternoon that Brad Wilson has been picked to play U18 at WWTFC this weekend at Noarlunga, following his dads footsteps.

Well done if so. Looks like he has really worked on his fitness since last year and if the eagles can get a preseason or two into him I don't think he'll be back at Pie land for a few years.

Harry Gameau also carving up I hear.

He is in!!! Gameau doing quite well down there, yes don't think we will see much of Brad next year.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:20 pm

Ben Parish back into the Magpies reserves Saturday
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Lame Choice » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:06 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Ben Parish back into the Magpies reserves Saturday

Good luck Crewy :shock: UFC playing to get a top four spot might want to drop a few defenders back...
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Ben Parish back into the Magpies reserves Saturday

Good luck Crewy :shock: UFC playing to get a top four spot might want to drop a few defenders back...

Somehow I think that may have happened anyway......... + midfielders and forwards.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Bob Loblaw » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Mallala 1-39
Virginia 1-39
Hamley 40+
Bob Loblaw
Under 18s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby footys the winner » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:18 pm

M 40+
V 1-39
HB 40+
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Lame Choice » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Mallala 1-39
Hamley 40+
Balak 1-39
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby Best Off Ground » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:03 pm

Mallala 1-39
Balaclava 1-39
Hamley 40+
Best Off Ground

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Snags » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Big Nik had 10 straight at half time, how many he end up with?
Last edited by Snags on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:29 pm

I would like to fully apologize to both the APFL and the Mallala FC for comments made during the week regarding permits, I understand that these comments were not warranted, once again I Apologize to all involved.
Last edited by magpieeagle on Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby OnSong » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:53 pm

magpieeagle wrote:I would like to fully apologize to both the APFL and the Mallala FC for comments made during the week regarding permits, I understand that these comments were not warranted and as a result have resigned from all positions with the APFL and Mallala FC, once again I Apologize to all involved.

Wut?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy