Chris Davies departure

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Chris Davies departure

Postby UK Fan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:44 am

Big Phil wrote:Will be joining the Port Adelaide Football Club, replacing the outgoing Peter Rhode...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 7017346472

What a great bloke :roll:
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:59 am

UK Fan wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Will be joining the Port Adelaide Football Club, replacing the outgoing Peter Rhode...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 7017346472

What a great bloke :roll:

Lol wasn't half obvious was it, like we all said before the vote watch how many of the people involved in the AFL in SANFL move into jobs within the two AFL clubs
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LPH » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:32 am

Shock... Horror... :roll:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Aerie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:55 am

Shame on him.

He has been involved in changing the fabric of the competition and as a result, my club. Then jumping on board with the people this was all designed to feed.

He may be a good person and his intentions may have been good ones if you give him all the benefit of the doubt.

It doesn't change the fact he has played a role in the deconstructing of the SANFL as it was once known and jumped ship to the club that has principally torn the SANFL apart.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:03 am

Interesting appointment by Port Adelaide, despite criticism over the years Rhode has been one stable element of the football department over the last 5 years that has been critical in turning the on field fortunes of the club around.

Best of luck, Chris.

Oh.....

Grizzle, *negative comment* moan and groan. There, thread kept on track.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:04 pm

SANFL CEO appointment made. Jake Parkinson.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:07 pm

Next appointment will be Davies' replacement, you'd think.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Funny how there's a connection between beer and sport
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:18 pm

SANFL News
08 AUG 2014
SANFL ANNOUNCES NEW CEO
The SANFL is pleased to announce that Jake Parkinson has been appointed as the next Chief Executive Officer of the organisation.

He succeeds Leigh Whicker, who retires from the SANFL later this year.

Mr Parkinson has considerable commercial and leadership experience, having held a variety of senior roles with Lion over the past 12½ years.

He is currently the Regional Director SA/NT for Lion, where he has overseen a sustained period of growth.

SA Commission Chairman John Olsen said Mr Parkinson would “usher in a new era for the SANFL.”

“Over the past 12 months, the SANFL has successfully tackled some of the biggest challenges in the history of football in South Australia,” Mr Olsen said.

“This has included the transfer of the AFL licences to the Adelaide and Port Adelaide football clubs, expanding the SANFL competition to include teams from the Crows and Power, securing the financial uplift for the AFL clubs through the move to the Adelaide Oval and, with cricket, helping set the stage for future prosperity at what is now regarded as one of the best stadiums in Australia,” he said.

“All of this has now positioned the SANFL on the verge of a new and exciting future as we seek to consolidate our track record as the best in Australia for game development and build on the 100,000 who participate in our game every week.

“Jake’s passion and vision for the future of this organisation was outstanding and we are delighted to have secured such as well-regarded leader.

“Furthermore, while our highly regarded Chief Operating Officer John Lyons did not apply directly for the position, we are pleased that John will continue in his exemplary manner as our COO in support of Jake.”

Mr Parkinson will start in his new role in mid-October.

“I believe the SANFL is an outstanding organisation with an aspirational brand as a centre of excellence for football on the national stage,” he said.

“My vision is that every time we engage with someone – whether it be with a parent at kids’ footy, a volunteer in the community or a player at the elite level – they see an organisation with its heart in football in South Australia. I think we have a very exciting future.

“I am also thrilled that I will be surrounded by people of the quality of John Lyons whose experience will be invaluable to me over the coming years.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Funny how there's a connection between beer and sport

Sponsorship.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:20 pm

I heard Rhode had to leave for health reasons.

He cant even get thru a metal detector at an airport now due to all the knifes in his back from Port fans.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:

Sponsorship.

I mean the crossover of CEO's

Mark Haysman might get his job back
He's had to clean out his fridge a couple of times - another one won't hurt especially if he's got any Tooheys New rusting away in there
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby UK Fan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Booney wrote:SANFL News
08 AUG 2014
SANFL ANNOUNCES NEW CEO
The SANFL is pleased to announce that Jake Parkinson has been appointed as the next Chief Executive Officer of the organisation.

He succeeds Leigh Whicker, who retires from the SANFL later this year.

Mr Parkinson has considerable commercial and leadership experience, having held a variety of senior roles with Lion over the past 12½ years.

He is currently the Regional Director SA/NT for Lion, where he has overseen a sustained period of growth.

SA Commission Chairman John Olsen said Mr Parkinson would “usher in a new era for the SANFL.”

“Over the past 12 months, the SANFL has successfully tackled some of the biggest challenges in the history of football in South Australia,” Mr Olsen said.

“This has included the transfer of the AFL licences to the Adelaide and Port Adelaide football clubs, expanding the SANFL competition to include teams from the Crows and Power, securing the financial uplift for the AFL clubs through the move to the Adelaide Oval and, with cricket, helping set the stage for future prosperity at what is now regarded as one of the best stadiums in Australia,” he said.

“All of this has now positioned the SANFL on the verge of a new and exciting future as we seek to consolidate our track record as the best in Australia for game development and build on the 100,000 who participate in our game every week.

“Jake’s passion and vision for the future of this organisation was outstanding and we are delighted to have secured such as well-regarded leader.

“Furthermore, while our highly regarded Chief Operating Officer John Lyons did not apply directly for the position, we are pleased that John will continue in his exemplary manner as our COO in support of Jake.”

Mr Parkinson will start in his new role in mid-October.

“I believe the SANFL is an outstanding organisation with an aspirational brand as a centre of excellence for football on the national stage,” he said.

“My vision is that every time we engage with someone – whether it be with a parent at kids’ footy, a volunteer in the community or a player at the elite level – they see an organisation with its heart in football in South Australia. I think we have a very exciting future.

“I am also thrilled that I will be surrounded by people of the quality of John Lyons whose experience will be invaluable to me over the coming years.”

Just what SA footy needs another great administrator from the Mike haysman school of administing.

SA footballs future is looking rosy :roll:

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Sponsorship.

I mean the crossover of CEO's

Mark Haysman might get his job back
He's had to clean out his fridge a couple of times - another one won't hurt especially if he's got any Tooheys New rusting away in there

I know what you were saying.
Sorry, my one-word answer was shorthand for: it's probably the case because beer is such an integral sponsor in football, at most levels, and these guys would meet regularly, sit next to each other at lunches and form relationships through the networking that entails, which sees them move into footy admin through the relationships they've formed. Nevermind, for all of the women that get jobs in footy, it's still a pretty-blokey world, as is brewing.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:SANFL CEO appointment made. Jake Parkinson.

Another hybrids supporter...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Spargo wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:SANFL CEO appointment made. Jake Parkinson.

Another hybrids supporter...

Looks like the Eagles ride with umps will continue
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Groucho » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Booney wrote:Interesting appointment by Port Adelaide, despite criticism over the years Rhode has been one stable element of the football department over the last 5 years that has been critical in turning the on field fortunes of the club around.

Best of luck, Chris.

Oh.....

Grizzle, *negative comment* moan and groan. There, thread kept on track.

Yes thanks Chris for wrecking the great competition that used to be the SANFL, [-X good riddance, oops I meant to say good luck.
I wish you well in your new appointment and hope you do an even better job of stuffing up the Power/Magpies.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL