SANFL crowd numbers

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:43 pm

RB wrote:
Dog Day Afternoon wrote:This is a text book case on how to destroy a viable business.

Either a) the powers that be are nuts; or b) they don't give a duck.

I'd say c) they lack the integrity and capacity to fully comprehend all of the issues before making a decision.
Dog Day Afternoon

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby klaan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:45 pm

If the SANFL competition ends up achieving 20000 more attendees than last year, is that not a good result?
klaan
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Dog Day Afternoon wrote:
RB wrote:
Dog Day Afternoon wrote:This is a text book case on how to destroy a viable business.

I'd say c) they lack the integrity and capacity to fully comprehend all of the issues before making a decision.

Ill go with

d) they will do anything to keep their big brother happy and not worried about the consequences hoping he will let them hang out with them more often.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:47 pm

klaan wrote:If the SANFL competition ends up achieving 20000 more attendees than last year, is that not a good result?

Not if the 20000 new attendees have put $20k into the clubs for one season only while the 1000 that walked away would have put $70k into the clubs on a yearly basis
whufc
Coach

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:50 pm

whufc wrote:
Dog Day Afternoon wrote:
RB wrote:

Ill go with

d) they will do anything to keep their big brother happy and not worried about the consequences hoping he will let them hang out with them more often.

I can't tell the difference between my c) and your d) :D
Dog Day Afternoon

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:50 pm

whufc wrote:
Dog Day Afternoon wrote:
RB wrote:

Ill go with

I can't tell the difference between my c) and your d) :D
Dog Day Afternoon

Postby cracka » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:52 pm

whufc wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Yet still way more people went there than the "traditional games"

Further proof traditional SANFL fans have walked away from the comp.

Thanks AFL clubs/fans.

You should be very proud of yourselves

Yep. Very proud of the 0.2% of their members who rock up and get in for free.
Still they are the best "supported" club in the SANFL apparently so thank **** for that

Yep its pretty sad how quick Ian Callinan is willing to put his name to anything for the corporate dollar.

There was a few Dogs supports at the ground yesterday who are slowly losing respect for this SANFL great footballer.

What other major world sporting league has made supporters have two teams they support in the same league.

Wouldn't have considered the SANFL a "major world sporting league" even before the AFL came along, let alone now.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:56 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
matt35 wrote:Haha wondered who'd be the first to clutch that straw! Not a bad crowd for 8th v bottom on a Saturday afternoon!

Yeah Saturday afternoon, what a crap timeslot for a game of SANFL footy :roll:

It is if you're involved in Amateur/Country footy.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:59 pm

cracka wrote: Wouldn't have considered the SANFL a "major world sporting league" even before the AFL came along, let alone now.

What sporting league, then?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby klaan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Yep its pretty sad how quick Ian Callinan is willing to put his name to anything for the corporate dollar.

There was a few Dogs supports at the ground yesterday who are slowly losing respect for this SANFL great footballer.

What other major world sporting league has made supporters have two teams they support in the same league.[/quote]
Wouldn't have considered the SANFL a "major world sporting league" even before the AFL came along, let alone now.[/quote]

Hehe...
The other Major World Sporting Leagues; VFL, WAFL, Spanish Soccer, Baseball in America
klaan
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby cracka » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
cracka wrote: Wouldn't have considered the SANFL a "major world sporting league" even before the AFL came along, let alone now.

A state sporting league.
cracka
Veteran

Postby matt35 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:16 pm

The replies to my comment re Saturday afternoon Footy are proof that most on here are stuck in an era that has long gone. Explain to me why there has been a move to night Football? Explain why crowds on Sunday afternoons and decent Friday nights tend to be larger than those on a Saturday afternoon? The facts are that Saturdays aren't what they used to be, with people having many more commitments etc. Not to mention, as stated above, amos/country Football etc.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:19 pm

klaan wrote:Yep its pretty sad how quick Ian Callinan is willing to put his name to anything for the corporate dollar.

What other major world sporting league has made supporters have two teams they support in the same league.

Wouldn't have considered the SANFL a "major world sporting league" even before the AFL came along, let alone now.[/quote]

Hehe...
The other Major World Sporting Leagues; VFL, WAFL, Spanish Soccer, Baseball in America[/quote]

Im talking about the AFL club Crows splitting their supporters

but your right the AFL isnt a major world sporting league
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:29 pm

matt35 wrote:The replies to my comment re Saturday afternoon Footy are proof that most on here are stuck in an era that has long gone. Explain to me why there has been a move to night Football? Explain why crowds on Sunday afternoons and decent Friday nights tend to be larger than those on a Saturday afternoon? The facts are that Saturdays aren't what they used to be, with people having many more commitments etc. Not to mention, as stated above, amos/country Football etc.

Agree the SANFL needs to use its inititive alot more when scheduling and be alot more flexible and willing to change games.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:29 pm

matt35 wrote:The replies to my comment re Saturday afternoon Footy are proof that most on here are stuck in an era that has long gone. Explain to me why there has been a move to night Football? Explain why crowds on Sunday afternoons and decent Friday nights tend to be larger than those on a Saturday afternoon? The facts are that Saturdays aren't what they used to be, with people having many more commitments etc. Not to mention, as stated above, amos/country Football etc.

Yet the AFL is planning more Saturday 1:30 games next year.
I agree that Saturday arvo games are not great for a lot of people due to ammos and country footy but it still seems to be the most popular timeslot. Night games are great at the beginning and end of seasons but in the middle of winter they are a financial disaster for most clubs at SANFL level. Sunday is my best timeslot but I do know alot of people who wont attend Sundays due to family committments or junior footy played on Sundays
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby gossipgirl » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:29 pm

whufc wrote:
klaan wrote:If the SANFL competition ends up achieving 20000 more attendees than last year, is that not a good result?

Not if the 20000 new attendees have put $20k into the clubs for one season only while the 1000 that walked away would have put $70k into the clubs on a yearly basis

is that a random number generator you are using :lol:
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby StrayDog » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:33 pm

cracka wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

A state sporting league.

A first line affiliate of the self appointed controlling body.

In other words, pure hair splitting in terms of the point whufc was making.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:41 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
whufc wrote:

is that a random number generator you are using :lol:

I can only do my rough maths but I would usually attend 5 or so neutral games a year plus finals including the GF every year, most commonly Centrals due to proximity and catching up with mates. By time I include ticket prices a meal at the club and drinks for the day it accounts to probably $100-150 per game plus the $100+ I put through the pokies at their club. This year I havnt attended 1 neutral game and wont attend any finals that Norwood are not in.
So I can only estimate that ive cost Centrals maybe up to $1000 this year and im sure many others are in the same boat
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:17 pm

RB wrote:
bennymacca wrote:This would skew the crowds somewhat - I might have only gone to a couple of centrals games a year at most, so if that's the case it makes sense for me to choose the crows game to go to. This could also explain some of the drop in other games too

So you've been to two Sanfl games this year, compared to how many last year, Benny?

1 this year, zero last year. Went a lot more prior to 3 years ago when I got crows membership
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:27 pm

I'd like to ask if the 5 or 6 Centrals supporters who appear in topic after topic hanging shit on the SANFL are ever going to get over it???
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 846 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL