R16 Eagles v South @ Maughan Theim Hyundai Oval 9/8/14

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R16 Eagles v South @ Maughan Theim Hyundai Oval 9/8/14

Postby dedja » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:34 am

Well, there goes another week we won't hear from VB Commodore ...

Congrats to the Panthers.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:05 am

dedja wrote:Well, there goes another week we won't hear from VB Commodore ...

Congrats to the Panthers.

He's no orphan judging by the crickets coming from hybrids supporters on here POST match.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5483 times
Been liked: 5122 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby LPH » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:19 am

Panthers need 1 more win to ensure Finals 8)
Big reversal in form.
Would need Sturt to lose this week & then beat them in last round to get Double Chance.
Unlikely
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Nothing good to come out of this game aside from a welcome return to form by Goldsworthy. A typical, gutless, pathetic effort from this group of pretenders.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Godden has to go at seasons end and there has to me massive turnover with playing personnel from the league and reserves squad.

blueandwhite wrote:Thanks very much to WWT for keeping Ainger in for one last try... probably in the faint hope that he would show some backbone against the club he betrayed... despite the fact he managed 1 goal..he was a great asset for us, kicking the ball directly to former team mates regularly.

Wundke, a former Ken Farmer medalist was soundly thrashed by perennial Panther favourite Brad Crabb, who has stayed with the club through some of its darkest times, (on a modest salary Id assume..) and is now enjoying some modicom of success. Boyd of course was his usual busy self, racking up meaningless possession after meaningless possession, few of them earnt .

Actually this is fairly accurate.

The heart, sole and passion of the team has been swept away by recruiting these types who've come to the club for $$$

The fabric of the club and the community it represented has been lost through losing our heartland to another club

The integrity of the club has been killed off with the Eagles' Board bending over in support of AFL

I fear this club is in a deep, deep trouble. Not sure whether we will recover from what this season has turned into.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:40 pm

blueandwhite wrote:A great win for the club against "The combine".. I thought we showed some real grit getting over the line today against some good opposition and some of the most lame, inept, incompetent and deplorable umpiring Ive seen in 50 years watching the sanfl.

We were in control at halftime but the weagles managed to claw themselves back into the game particularly in the last quarter but our resolve and desire got us over the line in the end. All played well but, I thought Crabb, Fields and Thewlis were fantastic in the back half along with Rose, Liddle , Veide.and Cross.

Thanks very much to WWT for keeping Ainger in for one last try... probably in the faint hope that he would show some backbone against the club he betrayed... despite the fact he managed 1 goal..he was a great asset for us, kicking the ball directly to former team mates regularly.

Wundke, a former Ken Farmer medalist was soundly thrashed by perennial Panther favourite Brad Crabb, who has stayed with the club through some of its darkest times, (on a modest salary Id assume..) and is now enjoying some modicom of success. Boyd of course was his usual busy self, racking up meaningless possession after meaningless possession, few of them earnt . I do note that his direct opponent for most of the day , Darth Veide, managed to get forward a few times and kick a couple of goals, which in the context of the game was important.

bring on the Bloods , Go Panthers! :evil:

Ainger betrayed you :shock: You sir are a dickhead. He was not from the South Adelaide zone

You recruited him and he gave you great service and then left your club for a multitude of reasons. Supporters like you was probably one of those reasons.

If you worked for a shit company and another company offered you twice as much money, was 30 minutes closer to your home and offered you an opportunity for success and career advancement would you consider changing employers???
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:26 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:A great win for the club against "The combine".. I thought we showed some real grit getting over the line today against some good opposition and some of the most lame, inept, incompetent and deplorable umpiring Ive seen in 50 years watching the sanfl.

We were in control at halftime but the weagles managed to claw themselves back into the game particularly in the last quarter but our resolve and desire got us over the line in the end. All played well but, I thought Crabb, Fields and Thewlis were fantastic in the back half along with Rose, Liddle , Veide.and Cross.

Thanks very much to WWT for keeping Ainger in for one last try... probably in the faint hope that he would show some backbone against the club he betrayed... despite the fact he managed 1 goal..he was a great asset for us, kicking the ball directly to former team mates regularly.

Wundke, a former Ken Farmer medalist was soundly thrashed by perennial Panther favourite Brad Crabb, who has stayed with the club through some of its darkest times, (on a modest salary Id assume..) and is now enjoying some modicom of success. Boyd of course was his usual busy self, racking up meaningless possession after meaningless possession, few of them earnt . I do note that his direct opponent for most of the day , Darth Veide, managed to get forward a few times and kick a couple of goals, which in the context of the game was important.

Ainger betrayed you :shock: You sir are a dickhead. He was not from the South Adelaide zone

You recruited him and he gave you great service and then left your club for a multitude of reasons. Supporters like you was probably one of those reasons.

If you worked for a shit company and another company offered you twice as much money, was 30 minutes closer to your home and offered you an opportunity for success and career advancement would you consider changing employers???

Well looking at the current table 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
And do you find it necessary to reply with personal abuse because someone's opinion doesn't match yours. Is that a personality trait you show throughout your life or just whilst you are behind a keyboard.

Mods used to remove posts with personal abuse maybe the rules on here have changed?
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby southee » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:49 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

So you know the ins and outs of the Ainger transfer when he left South ???

If not , you sir seem the DH here !
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:46 pm

southee wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

So you know the ins and outs of the Ainger transfer when he left South ???

If not , you sir seem the DH here !

Yes I do.

Still willing to admit I'm a dickhead though ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:47 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

yeah thanks for the heart felt compliment..
I think if you had knowledge of the facts surrounding Aingers brief tenure at South you would understand why most South supporters hurl abuse at him at every opportunity. Some of those facts are not for public consumption Im afraid.....but be assured there are very, very valid reasons.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:50 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Well looking at the current table 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
And do you find it necessary to reply with personal abuse because someone's opinion doesn't match yours. Is that a personality trait you show throughout your life or just whilst you are behind a keyboard.

Mods used to remove posts with personal abuse maybe the rules on here have changed?

Called a guy a dickhead for abusing a mate, saying he had no backbone and betrayed a club. What's good for the goose...

Then tried to provide a life example of why A double made a logical career choice.

Stop being so precious John
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby maxyoz » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:21 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Yes I do.

Still willing to admit I'm a dickhead though ;)

I would like to confirm that wristwatcher is indeed a dickhead. Still a good bloke though - for a Port supporter.
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby DOC » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:56 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Called a guy a dickhead for abusing a mate, saying he had no backbone and betrayed a club. What's good for the goose...

Then tried to provide a life example of why A double made a logical career choice.

Stop being so precious John

A double. That's a contender for the John Inman award.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:The fabric of the club and the community it represented has been lost through losing our heartland to another club

The integrity of the club has been killed off with the Eagles' Board bending over in support of AFL

I fear this club is in a deep, deep trouble. Not sure whether we will recover from what this season has turned into.

Yup.

Unless the clubs of the South Australian Development Football League are going to be fully funded by the AFL, it will be hard for the Eagles to survive. 22 years of incredible work has been undone in 12 months.

I hazard a guess that the Eagles will be temporarily boosted by an influx of Magpies juniors and already keep the Eagles juniors that are currently with the club. Even if this leads to success at league level, I'm not sure there will be enough people around to care.

I find it hard to believe it has come to this and key players such as Trigg, Whicker, Davies have already moved on.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby matt1 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Aerie wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:The fabric of the club and the community it represented has been lost through losing our heartland to another club

Yup.

Unless the clubs of the South Australian Development Football League are going to be fully funded by the AFL, it will be hard for the Eagles to survive. 22 years of incredible work has been undone in 12 months.

I hazard a guess that the Eagles will be temporarily boosted by an influx of Magpies juniors and already keep the Eagles juniors that are currently with the club. Even if this leads to success at league level, I'm not sure there will be enough people around to care.

I find it hard to believe it has come to this and key players such as Trigg, Whicker, Davies have already moved on.

No debt, $1m in the bank, crowds up this year.
matt1
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby RB » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Admire your optimism, Matt, but the club has a lot more challenges ahead of it than it did before they let the reserves in.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 766 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:24 pm

Crowd 1,871
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby LPH » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:31 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
The heart, sole and passion of the team has been swept away by recruiting these types who've come to the club for $$$

The fabric of the club and the community it represented has been lost through losing our heartland to another club

Hate to say "I told you so" Kurt :evil:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jimmy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Career advancement? Doesn't ainger work at the SANFL? He is the one dad calls to get the DVDs copied to send to me O/S. Moving on up eh? Next he'll be on fries, then lettuce haha

If not, I'll stand corrected...
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:39 pm

Jimmy wrote:Career advancement? Doesn't ainger work at the SANFL? He is the one dad calls to get the DVDs copied to send to me O/S. Moving on up eh? Next he'll be on fries, then lettuce haha

If not, I'll stand corrected...

You just cost yourself a DVD mate ;)
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby DOC » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:33 pm

He is the Auskick co-ordinator who also does, amongst several other things, helps process the orders of the DVD's from the on line store.

Auskick does not go all year.

I assume that the career advancement as referred to by Wristwatcher was a reference to his football.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL