SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Arch44 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:32 pm

A few different blokes depending on injuries etc. Luke Francis, Jack Sumpton, Tim Horsman, Nathan Birch and Brad Halls have all had their moments back there. Generally undersized in the back half and all have held their own.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Arch44 wrote:A few different blokes depending on injuries etc. Luke Francis, Jack Sumpton, Tim Horsman, Nathan Birch and Brad Halls have all had their moments back there. Generally undersized in the back half and all have held their own.

I'm pretty sure it was Tim Horsman that ran with Lynch a couple of weeks back and did a good job.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:44 pm

He's a good lad Timmy has come through our juniors and is improving all the time.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Good to see the heartbeat of good teams - the key backs - getting their recognition.

For far too long defenders have been maligned in favour of primadonna midfielders and glamour chasing forwards. And dumb ruckman.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Agreed. So who is the best full back and centre half back in the comp?

Who from West Croydon has done the job on the big names this season? Looks like whoever it is has had success against Williams, Bain and Lynch this year.

Don't think too many bags have been kicked on our backmen
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Arch44 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:50 pm

morell wrote:Good to see the heartbeat of good teams - the key backs - getting their recognition.

For far too long defenders have been maligned in favour of primadonna midfielders and glamour chasing forwards. And dumb ruckman.

:lol: I may get taken to task if I don't defend our dumb ruckman "Duck" for your dumb ruckman comment.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Plus PG the goal scoring tells me Lynch is well and truly in the best 6 fwds.

Statistics can be misleading 68 goals in 17 games, but approximately half of those against sides outside the 5 and 12 in 4 games against sides higher.

May sound harsh, but if I had the choice of everyone in the division I'm not sure I would have him in the best 6, but I think he has earnt the right to be in the side somewhere.

Who would you take:
Williams or Lynch?
Bain or Lynch?
Stubberfield or Lynch?
McKinnon or Lynch?
McLean or Lynch?
Hargraves or Lynch?
Demasi or Lynch?
Hillman or Lynch?

A couple of points in support of Lynch. Firstly, he is not just about kicking goals. There have been games when he has pushed into the mid-field for extended periods, so evaluating his season based purely on the number of goals he has kicked isn't totally fair. Secondly, he was denied the opportunity to play a second time against Angle Vale. Bain kicked 26 against Angle Vale and Williams 23. If Lynch played the second game against Angle Vale and kicked 12 he would be on 80 and would probably be an automatic in. I think he should be at half forward or on the bench.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby giffo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:11 pm

zedman wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Div 6:

Lockleys:
1. Alex Paton - Not sure if this it the bloke i'm thinking of (Tall well built forward with the little Shoemakers pony tail?), anyway if it is, the games i've seen he appears to be Lockleys number one target and option going forward.
2. Daniel Voyzey - Quality player, will run and tackle hard.
3. Sam Naley - Get him out of the B grade into the A grade and he might help them make finals.

Lee Kennedy is Lockleys best player, smart clever midfielder with potent left foot and great hands. He knows where the goals are too, their hardest to shut down. The forward is Hill I think.

yeah we rated him last year..bad miss PG.. :P

where is mazey playing yankman and did pots and harry end up playing in the sfl?
We have the same names go, Chad (Mazey) Mayes went to Flinders Park, HarryGeorgiou to Mt Compass, .
Last edited by giffo on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Agreed. So who is the best full back and centre half back in the comp?

Who from West Croydon has done the job on the big names this season? Looks like whoever it is has had success against Williams, Bain and Lynch this year.

You make a good point. Rosewater have the second best defence in the competition and Ingle Farm the best, so they both must have defenders that should come under consideration for the team of the year. The Div 6 Team of the Year should be about rewarding guys who have played the majority of the season and have also played well in a position. Can a guy who has only played 9, 10 or 11 games be considered over someone who has performed as well over 18 games. I think the back 6 should consist of guys who have played predominatly in defence.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:You make a good point. Rosewater have the second best defence in the competition and Ingle Farm the best.

They have also had some of the better performing midfields and forwards, so the efforts and influence the defenders have may not be as great as someone from another side?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby zedman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:17 pm

giffo wrote:
zedman wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Div 6:

Lockleys:
1. Alex Paton - Not sure if this it the bloke i'm thinking of (Tall well built forward with the little Shoemakers pony tail?), anyway if it is, the games i've seen he appears to be Lockleys number one target and option going forward.
2. Daniel Voyzey - Quality player, will run and tackle hard.
3. Sam Naley - Get him out of the B grade into the A grade and he might help them make finals.

Lee Kennedy is Lockleys best player, smart clever midfielder with potent left foot and great hands. He knows where the goals are too, their hardest to shut down. The forward is Hill I think.

yeah we rated him last year..bad miss PG.. :P

where is mazey playing yankman and did pots and harry end up playing in the sfl?
Mazey went to Flinders Park, Georgiou to Mt Compass, don't know who you mean by pots.

i was referring to MPFC's mazey, harrison and potuszynski.. :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Has Darren Grimmond been playing across half back this season Beef like he did in our trial game and would he be a chance for a spot?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby giffo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:17 pm

i was referring to MPFC's mazey, harrison and potuszynski.. :)[/quote]

Refer edited post
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:30 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Has Darren Grimmond been playing across half back this season Beef like he did in our trial game and would he be a chance for a spot?

Yeah, half back/back pocket. Had a pretty good year, kept Mclean fairly quiet last week until the last when he got away from him a bit.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Junior coach » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:53 pm

Corey Wheadon known as Chook full back and Nelson Centre half back from Fitzroy neither of these 2 play a bad game both haven't had bags kicked on them once this year would have to be up there with the best in the comp at playing theses possy's.
Junior coach
Rookie

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby X Runna » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Junior coach wrote:Corey Wheadon known as Chook full back and Nelson Centre half back from Fitzroy neither of these 2 play a bad game both haven't had bags kicked on them once this year would have to be up there with the best in the comp at playing theses possy's.

Excuse my ignorance, was neither of them looking after Lynch a few weeks ago?
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Yank Man » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:11 pm

Junior coach wrote:Corey Wheadon known as Chook full back and Nelson Centre half back from Fitzroy neither of these 2 play a bad game both haven't had bags kicked on them once this year would have to be up there with the best in the comp at playing theses possy's.

Is Matt Nelson the skipper JC? Really rate him has great voice and leadership I'd like him leading my defence.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Earlier in the season, the brilliant collective minds of SAFOOTY came up with the mid-season team of the year.
From that side, who stays, who goes, who comes in?

F: Lynch (Ingle Farm) Williams (Rosewater) Bain (Central United)
HF: Schapel (Mawson Lakes) Hillman (BOS), Curyer (Ingle Farm)
C: Lyons (Rosewater), Pawson (Rosewater), Johnson-Schroeder (Portland)
HB: Cooper (West Croydon), Keast (Fitzroy) , Frith (Central United),
B: Long (Ingle Farm), Nelson (Fitzroy), ?

Ruck: Schar (Rosewater), Demasi (BOS), Woodcock (West Croydon)

Int: Wiles (West Croydon), P. Gossiper (SAFooty) , M. Ell (SAFooty) , ?

Surely Nick''Duck Symons'' would have to be a big chance,works tirelessly all day and most times against blokes a lot taller and heavier than himself..!!!
FLYING DUTCHMAN 18
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby Junior coach » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Is Matt Nelson the skipper JC? Really rate him has great voice and leadership I'd like him leading my defence.

Yeah Yank Man has been for some time now mate along with Keasty first year captain.
Junior coach
Rookie

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Stroker » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:38 pm

FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Earlier in the season, the brilliant collective minds of SAFOOTY came up with the mid-season team of the year.
From that side, who stays, who goes, who comes in?

F: Lynch (Ingle Farm) Williams (Rosewater) Bain (Central United)
HF: Schapel (Mawson Lakes) Hillman (BOS), Curyer (Ingle Farm)
C: Lyons (Rosewater), Pawson (Rosewater), Johnson-Schroeder (Portland)
HB: Cooper (West Croydon), Keast (Fitzroy) , Frith (Central United),
B: Long (Ingle Farm), Nelson (Fitzroy), ?

Ruck: Schar (Rosewater), Demasi (BOS), Woodcock (West Croydon)

Int: Wiles (West Croydon), P. Gossiper (SAFooty) , M. Ell (SAFooty) , ?

Surely Nick''Duck Symons'' would have to be a big chance,works tirelessly all day and most times against blokes a lot taller and heavier than himself..!!!

I'm not sure there is anyone heavier than 'Wobble Guts' Symons in the div tho...
Stroker

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League