Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby JK » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Jase wrote:Heading up the the Gold Coast tonight...

Jase Jnr is competing at the SchoolAerobics national finals in Hip Hop. His team, Mayhem, is representing our school and South Australia...

His crew performs Sunday arvo and we're staying up in the GC for a couple of days extra...

The only thing I don't rate, is the flying part... not a big fan of flying ...

Good luck mate. my niece is up there too with her Activ8 group
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Jase Jnr is competing at the SchoolAerobics national finals in Hip Hop. His team, Mayhem, is representing our school and South Australia...

His crew performs Sunday arvo and we're staying up in the GC for a couple of days extra...

Good luck to you and little Jase, all the best mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Jase » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Booney wrote:

Good luck to you and little Jase, all the best mate.

Cheers Booney...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:20 pm

bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:04 am

Adelaide Oval and the atmosphere last night.. Also being present when the swans sang the song.
Getting a thumbs up from Goodesy was pretty cool.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby smac » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:32 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Adelaide Oval and the atmosphere last night.. Also being present when the swans sang the song.
Getting a thumbs up from Goodesy was pretty cool.

We're you pushing around a young kid? That's his favourite.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:23 pm

I rate my wife.

I'm not usually one for sharing my sob stories, but here goes.

Recently, my depression has started to get the better of me and this, combined with strong back pain, is causing me to have daily anxiety attacks.

Most people would tell me to just get over it.

Not her.

Today, she showed the patience of a saint, She woke up, helped me get my breathing on track, rubbed my back and shoulders, and talked me through it. She then suggested I return to see my counselor, and I agreed.

For me, my depression and anxiety are manageable 95% of the time. It's times like this that I appreciate my wife even more.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Jase » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:04 pm

I rate Jnr Jase and his Hip Hop Crew, Mayhem winning the silver medal in the Primary Small teams at the School Aerobics Nationals... it was an awesome effort by the kids and everyone associated with the team and school who were there absolutely lost their minds when the result was read out...

Super proud.

Also rate going to Movieworld today and having a great time with a number of the families from the school ...

Has been a great weekend. I love working at the school that we as a family (all 4 of us) either attend as students or work at... it is an amazing school, with awesome kids and staff...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:11 pm

ch 10 - showing Mrs Doubtfire tonight from 7-30
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:29 pm

NBA schedule out today!!

Bought tickets to Knicks vs Hornets at Madison Square Garden

AND

Lakers vs Houston at Staples Centre on Opening NIght of the season.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Failed Creation wrote:I rate my wife.

Recently, my depression has started to get the better of me and this, combined with strong back pain, is causing me to have daily anxiety attacks.

Not her.

Today, she showed the patience of a saint, She woke up, helped me get my breathing on track, rubbed my back and shoulders, and talked me through it. She then suggested I return to see my counselor, and I agreed.

For me, my depression and anxiety are manageable 95% of the time. It's times like this that I appreciate my wife even more.

Hey Dude.

Hang in there.

Sometimes we are dickheads on here.

But we reach out to each other.

Keep talking to us.

PM me anytime.
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:38 pm

Not her.

That's what relationships are all about mate- glad that your wife has recommended you resume counselling and you have agreed- it truly is the best thing to air out your difficulties to a professional. Even better of her to instill a calming influence in the event of an anxiety attack. It's sad just how many people feel that resource isn't an option.

I'm happy for you that you have taken those steps mate, critical in the battle. Never feel like you can't beat the bastard that is depression and anxiety. I'm hoping for you that it all clears up mate. I've been in and out of a spell of anxiety twice of late, and it's a personal reward when you get out the other side. PM me if you ever need to clear the air- as dogger said: we all have acted like idiots on here but this place is as good as any to air your thoughts. No-one will ever chasticise you for speaking up in times of sadness.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 pm

valleys07 wrote:

Not her.

That's what relationships are all about mate- glad that your wife has recommended you resume counselling and you have agreed- it truly is the best thing to air out your difficulties to a professional. Even better of her to instill a calming influence in the event of an anxiety attack. It's sad just how many people feel that resource isn't an option.

I'm happy for you that you have taken those steps mate, critical in the battle. Never feel like you can't beat the bastard that is depression and anxiety. I'm hoping for you that it all clears up mate. I've been in and out of a spell of anxiety twice of late, and it's a personal reward when you get out the other side. PM me if you ever need to clear the air- as dogger said: we all have acted like idiots on here but this place is as good as any to air your thoughts. No-one will ever chasticise you for speaking up in times of sadness.

Thanks for the support, mate! You and Booney are absolute legends in my book.

Like I said via text, I'm taking each day as it comes at this stage. I've been given some new meds, which hopefully help.

My frustration at how my life is going gets the better of me sometimes. I'm lucky I've got great people around me to guide me through it.

You guys haven't heard the last of me.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Dog_ger wrote:

Not her.

Hey Dude.

Hang in there.

Sometimes we are dickheads on here.

But we reach out to each other.

Keep talking to us.

PM me anytime.

Thanks mate.

You're absolutely right. I'm amazed at how many awesome folks are around this site, some I've actually met in person.

I'm glad I signed up.

I am going to beat the **** out of this bastard. It might not be this time, the next time, or the time after that, but it will happen.

I really appreciate all the thoughts and well wishes. It really does make a bloke feel valued.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:13 am

Great attitude mate, stick in there
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:52 am

Failed Creation wrote:You're absolutely right. I'm amazed at how many awesome folks are around this site, some I've actually met in person.

8) yeah that's not me :D

In all seriousness though, good luck mate, as someone whose dealt with the same for most my adult life, it's a real prick of a thing but I've always felt it comes in waves and tomorrow may not be as bad as today. You're very fortunate to have a loving and supporting partner who can help you through the bad times.

It's sad but I think mental health is becoming more of a problem these days for people, I put it down to the pressures placed on us through either work, family, the government (taxes, interest rates etc) or even placed on by ourselves (high standards/expectations)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:43 am

Going to Bali in 91 days, not that anyone is counting ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Going to Bali in 91 days, not that anyone is counting ;-)

haha nice one mate :D

more importantly, you are drinking wine with the best bloke on earth this sunday :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:15 am

bennymacca wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Going to Bali in 91 days, not that anyone is counting ;-)

haha nice one mate :D

more importantly, you are drinking wine with the best bloke on earth this sunday :D

Could get messy ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times

Postby Failed Creation » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:25 am

whufc wrote:Great attitude mate, stick in there
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:You're absolutely right. I'm amazed at how many awesome folks are around this site, some I've actually met in person.

8) yeah that's not me :D

In all seriousness though, good luck mate, as someone whose dealt with the same for most my adult life, it's a real prick of a thing but I've always felt it comes in waves and tomorrow may not be as bad as today. You're very fortunate to have a loving and supporting partner who can help you through the bad times.

It's sad but I think mental health is becoming more of a problem these days for people, I put it down to the pressures placed on us through either work, family, the government (taxes, interest rates etc) or even placed on by ourselves (high standards/expectations)

Cheers lads.

PG, I know what you mean. I've lived with this now for about 20 years, and it does come in waves. I know I might never be completely rid of depression and anxiety, but I'm working on getting it back to the stage where I can function like a normal person.

I feel there's still a huge stigma attached to the mental illness as a whole, despite celebrities and famous athletes being affected. I don't know about you, PG, but most people wouldn't have the slightest idea about my condition. Is it because (as blokes), we find ourselves being judged by our family, friends and peers as being lesser people for it?

There have been countless times over the past two decades where people have dismissed, ignored, or ridiculed me for having issues, so I'm now at the stage where I'm no longer ashamed about having depression and anxiety. I'm used to it, and although at times I don't deal with it as well as I should, I'm not ready to throw in the towel today. However, there have been times where I've wanted or tried...

Although it's not the cause of it (but it definitely contributes to it), my job is not making my life easier. When I started my job four months ago, I thought it was going to be a huge opportunity for me to expand myself. Instead, I'm getting **** all hours, and I've had terrible back pains for the last two months. However, I can't afford to quit my job. It's quite the catch-22.

I have thought about getting into a couple of short TAFE courses next year, once I can afford to buy myself a camera, in the hope that I can either do it more as a hobby, or make something out of it.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I have a hard time explaining myself most of the time.

I really do appreciate everyone's concern for me, it honestly means a lot.

Cheers, ladies and gents.
Failed Creation
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion