Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:39 am

heater31 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Yep round 1 is also the only Premier League/Grade Cricket clash.

I thought there was talk of scrapping PL?

SACA are committed to 3 years then it will be reviewed....

Looks like some of the Zadow review recommendations are going ahead immediately.

Which reccos Heater?
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby heater31 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:52 am

First Class standard pills the clubs still pay the same price for a ball though
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Doesn't look like The Blacks are going anywhere soon

Dear AUCC members

Some of you may have read in the Advertiser during the week about a potential relationship between the Adelaide Football Club and the Adelaide University Football Club. These discussions have related to football issues such as top up players for the Crows SANFL team and coaching support.

In relation to the opinion piece on the Crows moving their home base to the city or University, this is pure speculation. The AU signed a 42 year lease for the ovals and hence it is the position of both the AUCC and AUFC that we continue to play at University Oval, as we have done for the past 107 years.

AUCC President – Adam Kimber

AUCC Secretary – Luke Johnston
heater31

Postby Aerie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:04 pm

heater31 wrote:Doesn't look like The Blacks are going anywhere soon

Hopefully not. It's a great place to play/watch cricket.

Any talks happening between Uni and Prospect?

PS. Interesting with the SANFL zone changes. Very much lends itself to the suggestions put forward in that report.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Aerie wrote:
heater31 wrote:Doesn't look like The Blacks are going anywhere soon

Hopefully not. It's a great place to play/watch cricket.

Any talks happening between Uni and Prospect?

PS. Interesting with the SANFL zone changes. Very much lends itself to the suggestions put forward in that report.

My guess is no based on that message from their Board of Management

Also I hear The Bookworms have Andy Delmont back.....
heater31

Postby Bulls forever » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:58 pm

heater31 wrote:First Class standard pills the clubs still pay the same price for a ball though

Info is good Heater, plus SACA taking control of all A Grade wickets and helping Councils with upgrade / maintenance of ovals. Played Kooyonga the other week, still as good as I remember it.

Both those recommendations will happen, ie balls and curating. $300,000 offered to clubs for mergers as well. SA needs mergers to happen, otherwise the PL will be with us forever.

I guess the question arises, are Club Boards there to maintain the best interests of their club, or are they their for the development of cricket in SA. Little doubt all contributors on here recognise that for SA cricket to improve, there must be less grade clubs and this will increase the standard of cricket being played.

Just as an aside, heard several weeks ago that the outfield at Glenelg was poisoned by a worker spraying for something, but forgot to was his tank out before hand which had Glyphosphate in it. Oval has been oversown with Rye, but interesting to see whether the kikuyu outfield comes good, as kikuyu does not respond well to Glyphosphate based substances.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby heater31 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:05 pm

I think SACA have an identity crisis with what they want Grade Cricket to be. Is is the elite pathway to First Class cricket or is it a glorified Community cricket competition used to get into an elite pathway? I get the feeling SACA are far from convinced that the Premier League concept is the way to go either. Apparently they are refusing to guarantee anything about it until after the initial commitment of 3 years is up then a review is taken.

I can't see recommending 3 mergers to reduce the teams then creating another team to get rid of the bye is going to create an more elite pathway to First Class cricket. Will any club sell their soul for just $150,000? Probably not.

Program is also in its final stages. Kick off on the 18th of Oct with the Only PL clash all year.
heater31

Postby smac » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:50 am

heater31 wrote:I think SACA have an identity crisis with what they want Grade Cricket to be. Is is the elite pathway to First Class cricket or is it a glorified Community cricket competition used to get into an elite pathway?

I think it's the other way around (and have been saying that for years). Because Grade Cricket Clubs didn't want to relinquish any of the community cricket element of their clubs (whites, D grade etc.), they were focussing on too many things - being a community club whilst trying to develop elite athletes. The two aren't compatible and the shared focus meant that they didn't do either as well as they could if it were the sole focus.

So SACA invented PL, I think ultimately to force the hand of Grade Cricket Clubs.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:45 am

Adam Sommerfield to leave TTG. A big loss to the bulls, great bloke, great talent!
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby the javelin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:27 pm

huge loss for ttg! where is he off to angry bull?
the javelin
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:51 pm

No indication yet, my guess is he will combine golf days with his brother with a few games back home in the mount
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby Lame Choice » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:21 pm

Ya reckon two months out we might have a program :roll:
I know the planets need to align first, but jeez, I could use a bit more than start date. Nothing on My Cricket or cricket SA that I can find.
Anyone help with a draft..
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Why do you need to know a draw? How is it going to impact your preparation? :?

As long as you know the playing dates, that's all that really matters to begin with.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Why do you need to know a draw? How is it going to impact your preparation? :?

As long as you know the playing dates, that's all that really matters to begin with.

It's not hard to workout if you are aware of the programming pattern of SACA.......chop off the last 2 rounds of the preceding season and shove them at the front of the current season and bingo there is your program.
heater31

Postby Lame Choice » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:35 pm

heater31 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Why do you need to know a draw? How is it going to impact your preparation? :?

It's not hard to workout if you are aware of the programming pattern of SACA.......chop off the last 2 rounds of the preceding season and shove them at the front of the current season and bingo there is your program.

Then why is it so hard to publish?
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Why the rush? Using that system every club knows who they have first up anyway.....
heater31

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:42 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Then why is it so hard to publish?

The hold up would probably be due to the programming of games at neuteral oval ie Park 25 etc and clubs requests due to possible ground maintenance/other sporting carnivals etc

As Heater said if you really want you can do your program pretty easy if you really want.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Lame Choice » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Fair enough. But for the broader audience wanting to plan around a few things, it would be nice to see somewhere. Venue 'TBA' would suffice.
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby maxi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:53 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:Adam Sommerfield to leave TTG. A big loss to the bulls, great bloke, great talent!
Why isnt Sommerfield playing. Or is he playing elsewhere. Hes a talented cricketer. Be one of the best allrounders in the comp. Big loss for TTG.
maxi
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby beeroclock » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:42 pm

maxi wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:Adam Sommerfield to leave TTG. A big loss to the bulls, great bloke, great talent!
Why isnt Sommerfield playing. Or is he playing elsewhere. Hes a talented cricketer. Be one of the best allrounders in the comp. Big loss for TTG.

Perhaps Pooraka.
They recruit well.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps