Cohiba - any smosh insight?

Uni & sacred hearts besties??
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:16 am

Matt Harrowfield has been excellent at full back, probably his only bad day was in our last game against Smithfield. Rhett Glanville has been a rock at CHB. Gilling could easily slot at CHF for ToY, and Franceschinis would be our best HBF.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:22 am

FF: Matthews (Smithfield) Webber (Smithfield) Dudley (NP)
HF: __________, Gilling (Houghton), __________
C: __________, _______________, _____________
HB: OLoughlin (NP), Glanville (houghton), Schultz (Henley)
FB: ______________, Harrowfield (houghton), ______________

R: Bellman (Smithfield), _____________, Garner (Smithfield)

Bnch: DeSouza-Priest (Henley), Franceschinis (Houghton), _____________

=========================================================================

locked in Q, i put your HBF on bench, with our onballer who had a great year but missed a few games

SPEAK UP IF YOU NO MORE IN THIS DIVISION...
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Sass! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:08 pm

I think its impossible for Modbury to put names forward as we dont actaully have one player that has played all the games in the C grade this season, we average 5-10 changes each week, sometimes even 12 or 13.. and our best players are either up in the 2's the next week or unavialable due to work rosters and other commitments.. To be battling out for a finals spot this week is a massive effort considering how often our team has changed and how significant the changes have been from week to week, our coach has done a bang up job of putting a decent side out week to week.. even dealing with Vice Captains who decide to nip off to Europe for 6 weeks mid season (yours truely)..
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:10 pm

I think you'll find that the B grade side still needs to put forward a team sheet too.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:02 pm

Sass! wrote:I think its impossible for Modbury to put names forward as we dont actaully have one player that has played all the games in the C grade this season, we average 5-10 changes each week, sometimes even 12 or 13.. and our best players are either up in the 2's the next week or unavialable due to work rosters and other commitments.. To be battling out for a finals spot this week is a massive effort considering how often our team has changed and how significant the changes have been from week to week, our coach has done a bang up job of putting a decent side out week to week.. even dealing with Vice Captains who decide to nip off to Europe for 6 weeks mid season (yours truely)..

well someone from your team should be in the team of the year :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:20 pm

marbles wrote:
Sass! wrote:I think its impossible for Modbury to put names forward as we dont actaully have one player that has played all the games in the C grade this season, we average 5-10 changes each week, sometimes even 12 or 13.. and our best players are either up in the 2's the next week or unavialable due to work rosters and other commitments.. To be battling out for a finals spot this week is a massive effort considering how often our team has changed and how significant the changes have been from week to week, our coach has done a bang up job of putting a decent side out week to week.. even dealing with Vice Captains who decide to nip off to Europe for 6 weeks mid season (yours truely)..

well someone from your team should be in the team of the year :D

Sam Byles and Jackson Lynch were awesome against us in round 9
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Roo & Ditz @ Houghton Football Club 6-9am tomorrow morning yeah?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:26 pm

marbles wrote:Roo & Ditz @ Houghton Football Club 6-9am tomorrow morning yeah?

Yeah mate. I'll be making my radio debut (except for that one time I rang up Rosie Beaton).
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:Roo & Ditz @ Houghton Football Club 6-9am tomorrow morning yeah?

Yeah mate. I'll be making my radio debut (except for that one time I rang up Rosie Beaton).

http://www.triplem.com.au/adelaide/project-reno/
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:38 pm

They've done a helluva job too. Unfortunately for our opposition teams, none of the money was spent on renovating the away rooms :D
Q.
Coach

Postby zedman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Q. wrote:They've done a helluva job too. Unfortunately for our opposition teams, none of the money was spent on renovating the away rooms :D

they look fine to me.. :)

zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:59 pm

^^^ we put a new door on since you were last there
Q.
Coach

Postby Sass! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:28 am

Did you get a chance to tell Roo and Ditts the sob story about a C grade side having some underdone fringe B graders play against you on the weekend? just wondering if maybe they were the ones to pass the message onto the league.. because someone took the liberty of dropping a complaint.. and how does the league handle it and make sure a C grade side doesnt get bolstered by having 2 blokes who are unfit and need match fitness (will now have 2 weeks off) and another who has played one game out of the last 4 due to injury? they state that those players have to play in C4 if they need a run and not in a good standard of football against a decent opposition in Div 7... The word pathetic comes to mind.. tell me how that is fair? Instead of these blokes getting a proper run against a decent side who will make finals no matter what, they have to play C4 against a genuine battling C grade side... We have a solid side selected either way, but heaven forbid they get stronger, no lets impose sanctions and force these blokes to have a run around in the lowest grade in the div instead.. BRILLIANT!

Oh well, good for you Houghton and Henley and whoever else broke out the violin and expressed their concern with 3 fringe B graders playing against an A grade side on Saturday.. You truely showed your worth, i look forward to you having a finals campaign against genuine A grade sides and with some luck you will go out in straight sets and you can have another year of bullying C grade sides while waiting for your chance to say how hard done by you are when you are involved in a game where a few decent players come down to have a run in their C grade..
Sass!
Under 16s

Postby The Informer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:08 am

It's a bit sad if this is correct, what would make a club do something like that?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:14 am

Sass! wrote:Did you get a chance to tell Roo and Ditts the sob story about a C grade side having some underdone fringe B graders play against you on the weekend? just wondering if maybe they were the ones to pass the message onto the league.. because someone took the liberty of dropping a complaint.. and how does the league handle it and make sure a C grade side doesnt get bolstered by having 2 blokes who are unfit and need match fitness (will now have 2 weeks off) and another who has played one game out of the last 4 due to injury? they state that those players have to play in C4 if they need a run and not in a good standard of football against a decent opposition in Div 7... The word pathetic comes to mind.. tell me how that is fair? Instead of these blokes getting a proper run against a decent side who will make finals no matter what, they have to play C4 against a genuine battling C grade side... We have a solid side selected either way, but heaven forbid they get stronger, no lets impose sanctions and force these blokes to have a run around in the lowest grade in the div instead.. BRILLIANT!

Oh well, good for you Houghton and Henley and whoever else broke out the violin and expressed their concern with 3 fringe B graders playing against an A grade side on Saturday.. You truely showed your worth, i look forward to you having a finals campaign against genuine A grade sides and with some luck you will go out in straight sets and you can have another year of bullying C grade sides while waiting for your chance to say how hard done by you are when you are involved in a game where a few decent players come down to have a run in their C grade..

Sass my friend, are you for certain that an official complaint was lodged? You seem to forget that this is the interwebs and that the powers that be lurkers. If they sense an injustice, they will act...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby marbles » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:22 am

Sass! wrote:Did you get a chance to tell Roo and Ditts the sob story about a C grade side having some underdone fringe B graders play against you on the weekend? just wondering if maybe they were the ones to pass the message onto the league.. because someone took the liberty of dropping a complaint.. and how does the league handle it and make sure a C grade side doesnt get bolstered by having 2 blokes who are unfit and need match fitness (will now have 2 weeks off) and another who has played one game out of the last 4 due to injury? they state that those players have to play in C4 if they need a run and not in a good standard of football against a decent opposition in Div 7... The word pathetic comes to mind.. tell me how that is fair? Instead of these blokes getting a proper run against a decent side who will make finals no matter what, they have to play C4 against a genuine battling C grade side... We have a solid side selected either way, but heaven forbid they get stronger, no lets impose sanctions and force these blokes to have a run around in the lowest grade in the div instead.. BRILLIANT!

what? your not allowed to play any bgrader? :shock:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:37 am

That's a fine rant, but we did not put in a complaint to the league.

I queried John earlier in the year about the Kilburn bye and was told all clubs in D3 would be reminded not to exploit it, so you probably aren't alone in getting a reminder.
Q.
Coach

Postby Sass! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:58 am

Q. wrote:That's a fine rant, but we did not put in a complaint to the league.

I queried John earlier in the year about the Kilburn bye and was told all clubs in D3 would be reminded not to exploit it, so you probably aren't alone in getting a reminder.

I can confirm someone took the time to contact the league.. bless them.

beign told you cant play a few fringe players when a team has a bye and the first week off in finals is truely amazing.. but what is even more amazing is allowing them to play C4's instead..
Its kind of like seeing your 10 year old kid having an even fight with another 10 year old kid and saying "hey dont beat up that other kid, beat up this armless 5 year old instead, its more even that way"

Clap clap saafl, clap clap
Sass!
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League