Come on you cocks
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Rd 17 North v Eagles @ Prospect Oval

Postby dedja » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:00 pm

I knew you were a cock sucker Jim ... :-)
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby Mic » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:07 pm

MightyEagles wrote:Important game for both teams.

Irrelevant game for North.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:23 pm

Mic wrote:

Mathematically possible to play finals still isnt it?
Jim05
Coach

Postby dedja » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:24 pm

Mic wrote:

They'll win by 10 goals then.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby pompy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:38 pm

So am I correct in thinking north are still a chance of making the finals??
If north beat centrals and west beat eagles, north will finish 5th?
pompy
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:50 pm

pompy wrote:So am I correct in thinking north are still a chance of making the finals??
If north beat centrals and west beat eagles, north will finish 5th?

Correct
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby PhilH » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:55 pm

...... On percentage,

North's PCT is currently just superior to Eagles and superiors to Central
and given North must win and Eagles / Centrals lose
they would still have superior percentage should all three end up with 9 wins.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby topsywaldron » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:59 pm

More importantly, bring back Ronnie.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby smac » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:07 pm

If you bring back Trevor.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Rd 17 North v Eagles @ Prospect Oval

Postby Jim05 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Even the corrupt umps couldnt get them over the line this week.
Are you out there VB Commodore or have you gone missing again?
Jim05
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Who the hell is that bald headed umpire?
He tried his hardest.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Brendan M » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Another strong Q1 from WWT, but for over-use of the ball in forward 50 could have been 5-6 goals up. Then North started to play, sparked, possibly, by the big melee close to the stand in Q2. All clubs know that weakness in ruck and lack of midfield speed means WWT will tire into second half. Last quarter very entertaining, showtime for Roosters. Kulikowski a good pick up and NA's overall intensity impressive. Also impressive - best steak sandwich year to date, and, the lovely ladies in canteen supplied us with hot tea and coffee even after the urn ran dry! That last cup, micro-waved, the highlight of the last quarter for this WWT supporter.
Brendan M
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Brendan M wrote:Another strong Q1 from WWT, but for over-use of the ball in forward 50 could have been 5-6 goals up. Then North started to play, sparked, possibly, by the big melee close to the stand in Q2. All clubs know that weakness in ruck and lack of midfield speed means WWT will tire into second half. Last quarter very entertaining, showtime for Roosters. Kulikowski a good pick up and NA's overall intensity impressive. Also impressive - best steak sandwich year to date, and, the lovely ladies in canteen supplied us with hot tea and coffee even after the urn ran dry! That last cup, micro-waved, the highlight of the last quarter for this WWT supporter.

I was at the match closely watching to see the point at which the eagles would inevitably wilt - be it the first quarter or the third. Agreed our start was impressive and the way in which we were prepared to run fast and kick direct was exactly what Godden has asked for throughout his tenure. This style of game looks magnificent when the opposing team lets us play on our terms but it completely unravels when the opposition coach drops a spare man into defence.

And this is exactly what McGregor did at about the 20 minute mark of the first quarter. It is blatantly obvious that the eagles don't have a clue how to counter this tactic and I am convinced this is what causes out players to chip it sideways and backwards until we inevitably kick the ball into the man on the mark or turn the ball over due to our deplorable foot skills. This is why every single game we play we score 90% of our goals in one quarter and then barely kick a goal for the rest of the match.

Its all very well for Godden to concentrate on fast flowing football at training but I want to know what he teaches our players about countering such tactics of a loose man in defence. He has absolutely no Plan B. He doesn't seem to know how to use our own spare player effectively either and so the other team gradually claws back any lead that we have. Maybe Godden's game plan worked four years ago. However football tactics move rapidly and if a coach cannot change with the times then their own game plan is quickly made redundant which is what is showing at the moment with Godden's own game plan. He either needs to completely reboot over summer or call it quits because we have underachieved under is reign in a big way. Privately, I hope it is the latter as he has completely lost the faith of the players.

Jarrad, Von Bertouch, Giuffreda carried the team throughout the match once again - they've been doing it all season.

I thought Lodge showed a few good signs in his first game.

Schwarz is a youngster that you can just see is clearly not up to SANFL league and never will be. He will have the odd good game and that will see him lurk around the club for a few seasons but he will never be a permanent fixture.

Hall and Allmond are players with 50+ games under their belt but are complete hacks due to their disposal. We cannot continue to have these guys in the midfield.

First time I've really looked at Killian. He's a great size for a footy player but the guy doesn't have a clue how to play at Full-Back. He loses body contact, has shocking disposal (caused a few goals yesterday) and is pretty slow. Every time the ball came down to a one-on-one contest involving him, you knew his opponent would mark the ball.

Not much more to say about the eagles really. The season is shot.

For North I wasn't greatly impressed with them but they were clearly better than us. I've got to say that key forward they have - Shillabeer - is a huge talent. Big strong and outrageously quick for someone his size. Someone told me it was his first game. Where the hell did this guy emerge from ???? Not sure of his age but if he is <21 I don't reckon North fans will see too much of him unfortunately as I reckon AFL scouts will have already pencilled his name in to get drafted on that performance alone.

Now the umpires.............there have been a few comments already written on here about how bad the umpiring was at this match. Well I agree. It wasn't that they were awarding eagles players frees they shouldn't have got. It was the frees that they were not awarding North which was the problem. They were missing obvious holding the ball decisions, throwing the ball, missing head-high contact. It was outrageous and that is coming from an eagles supporter. I'd say 80% of the errors were coming from that bald guy. If this guy gets another umpiring gig in seniors this season something is very, very wrong with the SANFL.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:04 pm

Shilalbeer is 25 mate so I don't think he'll get drafted but yes an impressive debut. He was in our juniors but went back to the country for a while and came back down to North at then start of the year. Stupid me thought he was related to the Shillabeer for Adelaide City in the early 90s but I asked him afterwards and he's no relation. I looked silly lol.
Thanks for your comments about the umpires especially that bald headed clown, glad it wasn't just us thought thought the same. His umpiring at times was the worst I'd ever seen.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:Thanks for your comments about the umpires especially that bald headed clown, glad it wasn't just us thought thought the same. His umpiring at times was the worst I'd ever seen.

Probably the worst one I reckon occurred when North were kicking to the southern end. One of the eagles defenders did a stray kick from defence along the eastern boundary line and one of north's players flew high attempted a courageous chest mark in between two eagles defenders who were trying to spoil. Not only did both of them collect him blatantly high but the north player held the ball long enough that is should have been a mark anyway :?
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Postby Special One » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
Brendan M wrote:Another strong Q1 from WWT, but for over-use of the ball in forward 50 could have been 5-6 goals up. Then North started to play, sparked, possibly, by the big melee close to the stand in Q2. All clubs know that weakness in ruck and lack of midfield speed means WWT will tire into second half. Last quarter very entertaining, showtime for Roosters. Kulikowski a good pick up and NA's overall intensity impressive. Also impressive - best steak sandwich year to date, and, the lovely ladies in canteen supplied us with hot tea and coffee even after the urn ran dry! That last cup, micro-waved, the highlight of the last quarter for this WWT supporter.

I was at the match closely watching to see the point at which the eagles would inevitably wilt - be it the first quarter or the third. Agreed our start was impressive and the way in which we were prepared to run fast and kick direct was exactly what Godden has asked for throughout his tenure. This style of game looks magnificent when the opposing team lets us play on our terms but it completely unravels when the opposition coach drops a spare man into defence.

And this is exactly what McGregor did at about the 20 minute mark of the first quarter. It is blatantly obvious that the eagles don't have a clue how to counter this tactic and I am convinced this is what causes out players to chip it sideways and backwards until we inevitably kick the ball into the man on the mark or turn the ball over due to our deplorable foot skills. This is why every single game we play we score 90% of our goals in one quarter and then barely kick a goal for the rest of the match.

Its all very well for Godden to concentrate on fast flowing football at training but I want to know what he teaches our players about countering such tactics of a loose man in defence. He has absolutely no Plan B. He doesn't seem to know how to use our own spare player effectively either and so the other team gradually claws back any lead that we have. Maybe Godden's game plan worked four years ago. However football tactics move rapidly and if a coach cannot change with the times then their own game plan is quickly made redundant which is what is showing at the moment with Godden's own game plan. He either needs to completely reboot over summer or call it quits because we have underachieved under is reign in a big way. Privately, I hope it is the latter as he has completely lost the faith of the players.

Jarrad, Von Bertouch, Giuffreda carried the team throughout the match once again - they've been doing it all season.

I thought Lodge showed a few good signs in his first game.

Schwarz is a youngster that you can just see is clearly not up to SANFL league and never will be. He will have the odd good game and that will see him lurk around the club for a few seasons but he will never be a permanent fixture.

Hall and Allmond are players with 50+ games under their belt but are complete hacks due to their disposal. We cannot continue to have these guys in the midfield.

First time I've really looked at Killian. He's a great size for a footy player but the guy doesn't have a clue how to play at Full-Back. He loses body contact, has shocking disposal (caused a few goals yesterday) and is pretty slow. Every time the ball came down to a one-on-one contest involving him, you knew his opponent would mark the ball.

Not much more to say about the eagles really. The season is shot.

For North I wasn't greatly impressed with them but they were clearly better than us. I've got to say that key forward they have - Shillabeer - is a huge talent. Big strong and outrageously quick for someone his size. Someone told me it was his first game. Where the hell did this guy emerge from ???? Not sure of his age but if he is <21 I don't reckon North fans will see too much of him unfortunately as I reckon AFL scouts will have already pencilled his name in to get drafted on that performance alone.

Now the umpires.............there have been a few comments already written on here about how bad the umpiring was at this match. Well I agree. It wasn't that they were awarding eagles players frees they shouldn't have got. It was the frees that they were not awarding North which was the problem. They were missing obvious holding the ball decisions, throwing the ball, missing head-high contact. It was outrageous and that is coming from an eagles supporter. I'd say 80% of the errors were coming from that bald guy. If this guy gets another umpiring gig in seniors this season something is very, very wrong with the SANFL.

Played juniors at North than was cut by Andrew Jarman when he was 18. Next year had a season at Norwood in the under 19's. Finished high up in the medal and runner up in the goal kicking. Problem was he would be traveling from Port Augusta each week. Next season he only lasted a week in pre-season before heading home from home sickness. Previous 3 years been playing for Central Augusta. Talking to family back in port, it would have been a fairy tale story if he debut for Norwood with the family connection. I heard some clubs were looking at him when he was 19, but wanted to see him play in the seniors first. That performance yesterday came to no shock, he has been doing it consistently in the reserves each week this season so far.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:09 pm

[quote="Played juniors at North than was cut by Andrew Jarman when he was 18. Next year had a season at Norwood in the under 19's. Finished high up in the medal and runner up in the goal kicking. Problem was he would be traveling from Port Augusta each week. Next season he only lasted a week in pre-season before heading home from home sickness. Previous 3 years been playing for Central Augusta. Talking to family back in port, it would have been a fairy tale story if he debut for Norwood with the family connection. I heard some clubs were looking at him when he was 19, but wanted to see him play in the seniors first. That performance yesterday came to no shock, he has been doing it consistently in the reserves each week this season so far.[/quote]

Goes to show how much talent there is running around in the country leagues.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:02 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:However football tactics move rapidly and if a coach cannot change with the times then their own game plan is quickly made redundant which is what is showing at the moment with Godden's own game plan. He either needs to completely reboot over summer or call it quits because we have underachieved under is reign in a big way. Privately, I hope it is the latter as he has completely lost the faith of the players.

So you post it on a public forum :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL