SAAFL Division 2 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 2 grand final?

Broadview
20%
Flinders Park
7%
Gepps Cross
11%
PAOC
4%
PHOS Camden
9%
PNU
16%
Scotch OC
7%
SHOC
5%
SMOSH
15%
Walkerville
5%

Total votes : 95

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Postby Fricky » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:37 pm

A few spots left for tomorrow's Sportsman's Lunch if you can get the afternoon off.
Attachments
Walkies SL.png
Walkies SL.png (259.53 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby locky801 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Suri wrote:A few spots left for tomorrow's Sportsman's Lunch if you can get the afternoon off.

Had Wayne Phillips at Broadies a couple of Sundays ago, is very very good, highly recommend him, real good laugh
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3752 times
Been liked: 1178 times

Postby Cohiba » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Suri wrote:A few spots left for tomorrow's Sportsman's Lunch if you can get the afternoon off.

Purely for curiosity sake Suri....how did they come to charge $89.00 per head instead of let's say $90.00. Ticket seller must have carried a lot of $1.00 coins or else was cunning enough to cop a freebie donation...... :-? :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Fricky » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Cohiba wrote:

Purely for curiosity sake Suri....how did they come to charge $89.00 per head instead of let's say $90.00. Ticket seller must have carried a lot of $1.00 coins or else was cunning enough to cop a freebie donation...... :-? :)

Have no idea why they decided on $89. I just promote the events .
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Fricky » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Can anyone at SHOCS shed some light on this

Yank Man wrote:
jake the snake wrote:Could this be mpfc last game ever? Heard rumours that shoc have had meetings about an oval take over? Also heard there were more new light towers then players training at the den last night?

Not sure where you get your VERY misguided info from. Shoc's meetings are with Edwardstown who appear to have hit another financial crisis, a merge maybe that would have them back in Div 2. Mitchell Park and Flinders Uni trained together at the den last night under the new lights with around 50 players participating. That's a lot more than 4 light towers. MP will be in Div 7 next year with 2 teams. ;)
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby retired60 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Great game at Gepps Cross today. Justin Cicorella was outstanding for SMOSH, although I note he didnt get a mention in the best players on the SAAFL web-site. Looking at all the results in Div 2, makes for a really interesting Round 18.
Bit of controversy too. One of the SMOSH players apparently didnt go through the interchange area and was barred from playing for the rest of the game from half time.
retired60

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby OPP » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:22 am

From what I hear, An ex amateur league guy called John Kernahan at half time... Who called the umpires... Who called the Smosh coach and told him that the player in question was not allowed back on ... seems a bit over the top doesnt it? Also seems like it was a busy half time break
OPP
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:36 am

cool story.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby retired60 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:27 am

OPP wrote:From what I hear, An ex amateur league guy called John Kernahan at half time... Who called the umpires... Who called the Smosh coach and told him that the player in question was not allowed back on ... seems a bit over the top doesnt it? Also seems like it was a busy half time break

I agree. Totally over the top. The spirit of the law is to stop players coming off at any part of the ground and by subterfuge gain an advantage, not for a player who allegedly misses the interchange area by 1 metre.
retired60

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:15 am

OPP wrote:From what I hear, An ex amateur league guy called John Kernahan at half time... Who called the umpires... Who called the Smosh coach and told him that the player in question was not allowed back on ... seems a bit over the top doesnt it? Also seems like it was a busy half time break

Could that be the aforementioned serial offender? Pretty sure he'd have JK's mobile number.
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Cohiba » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:21 pm

The SMOSH WL player did come off the ground on the wrong side of the cone at the interchange gate during the 2nd quarter. Not in dispute…It appears the fat controller in his capacity of keeping time and player movements deemed this as a major breech in the regulations and the matter was referred on (exactly by whom in the GX camp is unclear and one can only speculate). I understand John Kernahan later confirmed that the umpires advised the Lion’s coach that the player was done for the day after it was brought to their attention.

On this occasion however it worked out okay. Karma has its way of sometimes telling individuals they don’t have to be ‘pricks’ every day of the week. That said many thanks were extended to the fat controller and any others involved for their due diligence in observing the rules which oddly may be construed as ironic given a particular “individuals” antics as previously alleged in this forum. The incident provided the visitors some very clear motivation and duly kicked 'arse' to leave Gepps on the bottom of the ladder upon leaving Duncan Fraser Reserve. Well done the Rams.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby retired60 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Cohiba wrote:The SMOSH WL player did come off the ground on the wrong side of the cone at the interchange gate during the 2nd quarter. Not in dispute…It appears the fat controller in his capacity of keeping time and player movements deemed this as a major breech in the regulations and the matter was referred on (exactly by whom in the GX camp is unclear and one can only speculate). I understand John Kernahan later confirmed that the umpires advised the Lion’s coach that the player was done for the day after it was brought to their attention.

On this occasion however it worked out okay. Karma has its way of sometimes telling individuals they don’t have to be ‘pricks’ every day of the week. That said many thanks were extended to the fat controller and any others involved for their due diligence in observing the rules which oddly may be construed as ironic given a particular “individuals” antics as previously alleged in this forum. The incident provided the visitors some very clear motivation and duly kicked 'arse' to leave Gepps on the bottom of the ladder upon leaving Duncan Fraser Reserve. Well done the Rams.

Could not have said it better myself
retired60

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:52 am

Phos to beat top side PNU to avoid relegation?

Gepps to beat 3rd side PAOC to hopefully avoid the axe?

Smosh vs Flinders Park, the loser relegated??

i think if gepps win phos & either smosh or flinders are ****?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Fricky » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:55 am

marbles wrote:Phos to beat top side PNU to avoid relegation?

Stranger things have happened.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Suri wrote:
marbles wrote:Phos to beat top side PNU to avoid relegation?

Stranger things have happened.

Indeed looking at the ladder you'd say neither PNU or PAC have a hell of a lot to play for this weekend
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:30 pm

PHOS can be both relegated or make the 5 depending on results.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Suri wrote:Can anyone at SHOCS shed some light on this

Yank Man wrote:
jake the snake wrote:Could this be mpfc last game ever? Heard rumours that shoc have had meetings about an oval take over? Also heard there were more new light towers then players training at the den last night?

Not sure where you get your VERY misguided info from. Shoc's meetings are with Edwardstown who appear to have hit another financial crisis, a merge maybe that would have them back in Div 2. Mitchell Park and Flinders Uni trained together at the den last night under the new lights with around 50 players participating. That's a lot more than 4 light towers. MP will be in Div 7 next year with 2 teams. ;)

Shoc's won't Suri, too much at stake. As for Towns, then my current letter that was sent to life members, supporters, and the like, begging for money to help pay the bills and with the clubs full bank details included in the letter tells me things are again crook in Tullamarook. :(
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 322 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:34 pm

edwardstown marion lonsdale aldinga all to join div 7 yankman :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:58 pm

marbles wrote:edwardstown marion lonsdale aldinga all to join div 7 yankman :)

Hahaha, chuck in MP and the crabs and what an average bunch we would be. Maybe make the 5. :D :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 322 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Fricky » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:16 am

Yank Man wrote:
Suri wrote:Can anyone at SHOCS shed some light on this

Yank Man wrote:

Shoc's won't Suri, too much at stake. As for Towns, then my current letter that was sent to life members, supporters, and the like, begging for money to help pay the bills and with the clubs full bank details included in the letter tells me things are again crook in Tullamarook. :(

I spoke to a mate of mine playing at Townies and he said that this rumour pops its head up every few years but doubts it'll happen. He confirmed that the club is in a lot of financial trouble, which was the reason they left SAAFL as the fees were too high. Seems it could be a case of merge or fold for Townies unless they get their cash flow moving in the right way.
Fricky
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League