HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby lebron » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:40 pm

jumbo20 wrote:Any Ironbank announcements???

I understand Jarman has re-signed for next year.
lebron
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Legs Man » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:35 pm

lebron wrote:
jumbo20 wrote:Any Ironbank announcements???

I understand Jarman has re-signed for next year.

Looks like Ironbank will not play in this years finals series with the last 2 matches draw for TV and Blackwood.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:03 am

shake'n'bake wrote:Because he was sick of the club and it's management style in paying out to gimps; he didn't go back for free and that's a fact!!

I know that mate am friends with the beaver was just trying to make a point ..not fair that locals dont get looked after like beavs and willy muiden when you have high priced imports :([/quote]

I would argue, that locals who play the card that i should be getting paid because that bloke is getting paid and i am as good/ better than him. Are actually the reason why clubs player payment budgets have shot through the roof. The truly loyal players, are those who have played for their club and never asked for a penny, much unlike the two you mentioned.[/quote]
Still not fair they dont get looked after though I would rather be giving these guys a bit of coin to help them out than paying huge amounts for a one or two year player !
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Peakedinhighschool » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:46 am

the wonder elephant wrote:
shake'n'bake wrote:Because he was sick of the club and it's management style in paying out to gimps; he didn't go back for free and that's a fact!!

I know that mate am friends with the beaver was just trying to make a point ..not fair that locals dont get looked after like beavs and willy muiden when you have high priced imports :(

I would argue, that locals who play the card that i should be getting paid because that bloke is getting paid and i am as good/ better than him. Are actually the reason why clubs player payment budgets have shot through the roof. The truly loyal players, are those who have played for their club and never asked for a penny, much unlike the two you mentioned.[/quote]
Still not fair they dont get looked after though I would rather be giving these guys a bit of coin to help them out than paying huge amounts for a [b]one or two year player ![/quote]

Maybe clubs need to recruit players who are good club people as well as good footballers. Paying huge dollars for mercenaries who only have an interest in their pay packet and not the club are never going to workout well.
Peakedinhighschool
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby jumbo20 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:37 am

big day for the top and bottom for club shield
jumbo20
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Rubber Chest » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:07 pm

What's is going on??
Did L Carey really play a & b grade for Echunga yesterday? Is that a mistake or were Echunga trying to get a couple of extra points to stay in central.
Mt Barker beat Uraidla at Uraidla. Uri fatiguing or did Mt Barker play really well?
Watched b/wood give the Lobey boys a football lesson. Herbert must be close to the biggest unit in the comp, played extremely well.
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Legs Man » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:16 pm

No mistake - Carey played both games and was amazing to do so.
D Edmonds also played 3/4's.
I believe Bridgey did the same with a couple.
It is getting beyond a joke when this occurs and the general sentiment from all at the match is that relegation and promotion should be based on your A grade as long as you field all sides.
The Bridgey boys commented on how good the oval was and how ridiculous the whole situation has become.
The saga continues!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby jumbo20 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:40 pm

ok so where does it leave all with a round to go
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Legs Man wrote:No mistake - Carey played both games and was amazing to do so.
D Edmonds also played 3/4's.
I believe Bridgey did the same with a couple.
It is getting beyond a joke when this occurs and the general sentiment from all at the match is that relegation and promotion should be based on your A grade as long as you field all sides.
The Bridgey boys commented on how good the oval was and how ridiculous the whole situation has become.
The saga continues!

Legs Man - your post is incorrect. Bridgewater DID NOT drop any A Graders back to play B Grade. The fact that Echunga had both Carey and Edmonds playing B Grade had a sense of desperation about it. Carey must be the highest paid B Grader in the history of the HFL.

I can only assume there was confusion about one of our B Graders who, due to a last minute A-grade pull out, was asked to double up and sit on the bench for the A-Grade. This player has not played A Grade since round 3.

As a club who has been in the relegation battle in previous years, we have had it put to us that we should play A-Graders in B grade, but have always declined to do so. Given this, we were surprised to see that Echunga went down this path.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:04 pm

jumbo20 wrote:ok so where does it leave all with a round to go

I calculate it as follows:
Bridgewater 149
Torrens Valley 146
Echunga 132

This week Echunga have Hahndorf, Torrens Valley have Ironbank and Bridgewater have Uraidla

Lets work it through:

A-Grade
Echunga should account for Hahndorf, +10 (142)
Bridgewater should lose to Uraidla 0 (149)
TV v Ironbank could go either way (146-156)

B-Grade
Echunga has not won again, nothing suggests anything will change unless they sandbag, there are a vital 5 points on the line - if they want to survive, they will need to boost the team - going to leave this one open, will depend how smart they are (142-147)
Bridgewater should lose to Uraidla (149)
TV v Ironbank more likely to be a TV win, +5 (151-161)

Senior Colts
Echunga should lose to Hahndorf (142-147)
Bridgewater should beat Uraidla (154)
Torrens Valley should lose to Ironbank (151-161)

Junior Colts
Bridgewater unlikely to beat Uraidla, but possible (154-159)

It looks like Echunga are gone, they needed to have had a serious run at the B-Grade game yesterday, that probably would have saved them. 5-10 goals sacrificed in the A-Grade may have saved their club. They got within 3 goals of taking the Senior Colts yesterday too - that could have been the most costly senior colts loss in their club's history. Results in either of those games could have seen a different outcome - now they have to rely on major upsets.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Legs Man » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
jumbo20 wrote:ok so where does it leave all with a round to go

I calculate it as follows:
Bridgewater 149
Torrens Valley 146
Echunga 132

This week Echunga have Hahndorf, Torrens Valley have Ironbank and Bridgewater have Uraidla

Lets work it through:

A-Grade
Echunga should account for Hahndorf, +10 (142)
Bridgewater should lose to Uraidla 0 (149)
TV v Ironbank could go either way (146-156)

B-Grade
Echunga has not won again, nothing suggests anything will change unless they sandbag, there are a vital 5 points on the line - if they want to survive, they will need to boost the team - going to leave this one open, will depend how smart they are (142-147)
Bridgewater should lose to Uraidla (149)
TV v Ironbank more likely to be a TV win, +5 (151-161)

Senior Colts
Bridgewater should beat Uraidla (154)

Junior Colts
Bridgewater unlikely to beat Uraidla, but possible (154-159)

It looks like Echunga are gone, they needed to have had a serious run at the B-Grade game yesterday, that probably would have saved them. 5-10 goals sacrificed in the A-Grade may have saved their club. They got within 3 goals of taking the Senior Colts yesterday too - that could have been the most costly senior colts loss in their club's history. Results in either of those games could have seen a different outcome - now they have to rely on major upsets.

Yes it was a costly loss in the S/C!
Amazing that a junior match can have such an impact on a clubs future.
Having A grade footballers playing B grade does not sit well with me - and a component of the competition that needs to be addressed.
You cannot do it come finals and shouldn't be able to do it now.

Goes to show that all scenarios weren't considered when structuring this "better for footy" club shield points system.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Banker » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:03 am

Quit your sulking Legs Man. The club shield works well. The weakest CLUB goes down.

Echunga had Chops & Duck helping the B grade and still couldn't get within 10 goals of the second to last team!
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby no1rangler » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:14 am

LM not sure what planet you are on TBH!

Where did Echunga finish on the club shield last year??? Again, very successful in the A grade and others sides average at best!

It certainly goes to show all scenarios weren't considered because what's happened so far isn't better for footy and there's every chance it wont be better for you guys!
no1rangler
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Legs Man » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 am

Not sulking Banker - just very p**sed off at TV getting more points, having less prep time than TV and seeing clubs play in the top tier with absolutely substandard facilities.

We knew the rules going in - but this doesn't make them any fairer as the junior club points are skewed towards the bigger clubs as a safety mechanism.

If we were given the same opportunity as all current Central sides then I would have a different view - but we weren't and I am sure in the same situation
your opinion would be similar.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Legs Man » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 am

no1rangler wrote:LM not sure what planet you are on TBH!

Where did Echunga finish on the club shield last year??? Again, very successful in the A grade and others sides average at best!

It certainly goes to show all scenarios weren't considered because what's happened so far isn't better for footy and there's every chance it wont be better for you guys!

I don't think it is better for footy if a side playing in Central finals could be playing against the bottom 3 - 4 sides in Country next year.

Bet they are looking forward to getting smashed every time they play us and gaining more confidence.

The void is too large as Mt Lofty have shown.

I do take my hat off to the dominant junior "heavy" Central clubs though for structuring a club shield mechanism which ensures they don't get relegated.

The current situation is a farce and makes a mockery of having the best A grade sides playing in the best competition.

No other league would entertain this!

As long as you field all sides you should be able to play in Central division if your A grade warrants it.

You can call it sulking if you like - but I call it common sense!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Banker » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:27 am

I'm sure Mt Lofty will support your efforts to allocate more points the promoted Country Div club ;)
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Off The Wall » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:28 am

If the club shield is used to relegate, then should it be used to promote? And that's only if the club finishing top chooses to do so. It could ensure a better spread of performances across all grades as a club.
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Legs Man » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:38 am

Banker wrote:I'm sure Mt Lofty will support your efforts to allocate more points the promoted Country Div club ;)

It's not about having more points - it is simply ensuring the side coming up has maximum allowable.

i know I have said it on numerous occasions - but how can TV have 5 more points than Echunga when they are already in the higher competition?

This is not equitable and gives them a distinct advantage.

When the HFL is queried on this they shut down the dialogue immediately - which tells me they too know it is wrong but are too weak to fix it.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:41 am

Thinking that it came down to one S/C loss is the reason Echunga are at the bottom of the relegation points is ridiculous. It comes down to the whole club being not good enough over the whole year.
If you think the relegation should be based more on A grade results you can put a proposal to the league which the clubs will vote on & if the majority of clubs agree with you then it will get through. Stop being niave in thinking the big clubs run the league, each club gets 1 vote, even Milang.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:44 am

Off The Wall wrote:If the club shield is used to relegate, then should it be used to promote? And that's only if the club finishing top chooses to do so. It could ensure a better spread of performances across all grades as a club.

I agree & think that will be changed.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy