Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby shoe boy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:05 am

jet-airport wrote:
mrp2626 wrote:Should be an interesting finals series.... I'd say Noarlunga are the team to beat. But I can see any of the top 8 getting up on any given day Vs each other. I would say depth will come into play as some teams will no doubt get injuries.

On to this weeks Tips.

Cove Vs Aldinga - cove by 15 goals
Brighton Vs Hackham - I think our boys are going to want to prove a point after the draw last meeting, bombers by 34 points
Christies V Porties - Porties will get the chocolates,margin will depend on personell available[/color], but id say 47 points
Valleys Vs Morphy Park - Valleys @ home, but MOrphys will push them, as a lot to play for for them. Valleys by 18 points (GAME OF ROUND)
Marion V Flaggies - Flaggies to kick a huge bag and get plenty of goal kicking practice.
Noarlunga V Morphett Vale - Shoes @ home are a tough ask any year, but they are in good form atm I'd say Shoes by 60 points
Reynella V Townies - Wouldnt be surprised if Reynella rested a few here and still won by a lot. Reynella by 74 points

Shoes posters !!!!!.......... Have a couple of players created some mischief recently and are unavailable this week????? bit of noise getting around surrounding the recruits..... :shock:

All good at the Shoe,
3 lads that have played some a and b grade footy this year are off for 2 weeks in Bali but they are Shoe juniors all their life.
The only one I can think of is young Henry who went home for a funeral and missed the plane last week but all good now.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Oldman Munga » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:47 pm

shoe boy wrote:
jet-airport wrote:
mrp2626 wrote:Should be an interesting finals series.... I'd say Noarlunga are the team to beat. But I can see any of the top 8 getting up on any given day Vs each other. I would say depth will come into play as some teams will no doubt get injuries.

On to this weeks Tips.

Cove Vs Aldinga - cove by 15 goals
Brighton Vs Hackham - I think our boys are going to want to prove a point after the draw last meeting, bombers by 34 points
Christies V Porties - Porties will get the chocolates,margin will depend on personell available[/color], but id say 47 points
Valleys Vs Morphy Park - Valleys @ home, but MOrphys will push them, as a lot to play for for them. Valleys by 18 points (GAME OF ROUND)
Marion V Flaggies - Flaggies to kick a huge bag and get plenty of goal kicking practice.
Noarlunga V Morphett Vale - Shoes @ home are a tough ask any year, but they are in good form atm I'd say Shoes by 60 points
Reynella V Townies - Wouldnt be surprised if Reynella rested a few here and still won by a lot. Reynella by 74 points

Shoes posters !!!!!.......... Have a couple of players created some mischief recently and are unavailable this week????? bit of noise getting around surrounding the recruits..... :shock:

All good at the Shoe,
3 lads that have played some a and b grade footy this year are off for 2 weeks in Bali but they are Shoe juniors all their life.
The only one I can think of is young Henry who went home for a funeral and missed the plane last week but all good now.

Shoeys @ full strength , boys leVe for Bali Monday and will miss last minor round game only
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby sweendog » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Wat a joke this league is when the shoes bluff the SFL and get extra points to buy there way to a premiership!!!!
oh when the saints go marching in
sweendog
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby MatteeG » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Cove Vs Aldinga - Cobras by 40 points
Brighton Vs Hackham - Tough one to pick- Bombers need the win more. 24 points.
Christies V Porties - Porties by 15 points
Valleys Vs Morphy Park - Valleys in good form, will win by 25 points.
Marion V Flaggies - Flaggies by 10 goals.
Noarlunga V Morphett Vale - Shoes by 22 points.
Reynella V Townies - Flies by 50 points.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:52 pm

sweendog wrote:Wat a joke this league is when the shoes bluff the SFL and get extra points to buy there way to a premiership!!!!

Seems like there is less focus on Shoes extra points v Twisties extra points last years?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby AFLflyer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Worthwhile mentioning on here, steve Prescott's bag of 10 yesterday. He's had a great year too. Will he play on next year? Great RFC and SFL career. =D>
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:47 am

The Christies win has made for an interesting final round with all positions still up for grabs.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:52 pm

next few weeks could bring some big surprises I reckon
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby mrp2626 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Anything in particlar MF?!
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby qwerty » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:03 pm

Valley starting to look pretty dangerous again, putting a good side on the deck. Wide open this year could be one of the better finals series for a while.
qwerty
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:20 pm

mrp2626 wrote:Anything in particlar MF?!

Reckon this week Christies will beat Flaggies in a tight one and if Brighton's slip is to be believed are they in any danger of losing to Cove? Unlikely but if they do that could set them up to play Morphett Vale in elimination final depending on the result of the MV v Reynella game this week. Could Brighton be booted out of finals in week one? Sorry DTH but there were some that thought you might not even get to play in September

In the first week HV will face Reynella and I bet it wont be the same scoreline but I reckon Valleys are in with a pretty good chance to win this one

Looking forward to seeing some good tight contests in finals. Pity its not like this every week
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby mrp2626 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:25 pm

I wouldn't write the bombers off just yet Mister Footy... The right team on the park on the right day, and anything can happen, that is the exciting thing about having such a young squad..yet to put a full side on the park all year, but edging closer as the season gets closer. Without dwelling on the past too much, but it does hurt missing your skipper for 6 weeks... I would say the boys should get up comfortably this weekend, but will still likely play MV in an elim final, which will be a great match. It is exciting that the final 8 are all so even, there will be a few upsets I believe, but I still remain that the shoes are the in form team, and the ones to beat.
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby marbles » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:11 am

word going round james packer and channel nine need some more clubs :)

why wouldnt edwardstown just start again in div 7, instead of losing its identity by merging with shocs???
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:33 am

marbles wrote:word going round james packer and channel nine need some more clubs :)

why wouldnt edwardstown just start again in div 7, instead of losing its identity by merging with shocs???

They don't need anymore, there are too many already in that comp. Seems they are down to only two competitive divisions these days with the rest full of one sided blow outs.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times

Postby marbles » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:53 am

haha :) ok

i heard sfl to have 10 teams next year & will play each other twice over 18 rounds
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby afc9798 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:21 am

marbles wrote:haha :) ok

i heard sfl to have 10 teams next year & will play each other twice over 18 rounds

I can quite confidently tell you that your sources are about as good as your ideas.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:39 am

afc9798 wrote:

I can quite confidently tell you that your sources are about as good as your ideas.

He is persistent though
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times

Postby marbles » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:04 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

He is persistent though

oh wouldnt it be nice
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Front & Centre » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:08 pm

As long as the SFL committee has representation (some may say over-representation) of the struggling clubs there wont be a 10 team competition
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby marbles » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:16 pm

hmm so too many personalities in the way preventing the SFL being in its most supreme state?
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL