Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby BOMBERS » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:07 am

Snags wrote:TOTY IN MY OPINION

FF B.Robertson(Virginia) B.Nikaulas(Virginia) T.Stribling(hamley)

HF L.Allmond(two wells) K.Herbele(hamley) C.Howell(Virginia)

C J.Clements(mallala) N.Seccafien(Two Wells) L.Michael(balak)

HB J.Earl(mallala) S.Obrien(two wells) H.Pym(United)

FB A.Mark(Virginia) A.Pont(Two wells) L.Pearson(balak)

FOL B.Dowdell(hamley) J.montgomerie(mallala) A.Duncan(hamley)

INT (players that could slip in, lots if them)
B.Slattery(two wells) zanandrea(hamley) B.hart(two wells) J.Birchmore(mallala) T.Rowe(HWE) K.Leighton(Twowells) B.Hood(United) B.hardie(mallala)

Will always have different opinions when it comes to selections. I just like to see guys picked in positions they play instead of picking a guy in a position he hasn't played or in some cases at all to reward him for having a good year. Flynn kept Niklaus to one goal, Thach kicked 5 and Harris 4 on the weekend to continue their consistent seasons and should be rewarded IMO.
BOMBERS
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby Lame Choice » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:33 am

The team to miss the top 4?

3. Balak 18 pts 48 %, has Mall, Bye
4. Virg 16 pts 58%, has HWE, TW
5. TW 14 pts 57%, has LP, Virg
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:40 am

Lame Choice wrote:The team to miss the top 4?

Could all be decided this weekend. Virginia is pretty much guaranteed a spot given they will belt HWE this week, improving their already superior %. If Balak beat the pies, like they did earlier in the season, then they also lock in a spot. Two Wells need some luck at this point, and I did notice Lee Allmond (looked like a bad hammy) and K. Leighton limping off late in the game on Saturday. The loss of these two could be massive for TW. I presume Feast will return at some stage.....? This
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby norm11 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:43 am

Two wells to miss unfortunately.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Snags » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:The team to miss the top 4?

Could all be decided this weekend. Virginia is pretty much guaranteed a spot given they will belt HWE this week, improving their already superior %. If Balak beat the pies, like they did earlier in the season, then they also lock in a spot. Two Wells need some luck at this point, and I did notice Lee Allmond (looked like a bad hammy) and K. Leighton limping off late in the game on Saturday. The loss of these two could be massive for TW. I presume Feast will return at some stage.....? This

Lee- nothing to do with hammy, will play.
Khan- corky, will play.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Snags » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:47 pm

BOMBERS wrote:

B.Slattery(two wells) zanandrea(hamley) B.hart(two wells) J.Birchmore(mallala) T.Rowe(HWE) K.Leighton(Twowells) B.Hood(United) B.hardie(mallala)

Will always have different opinions when it comes to selections. I just like to see guys picked in positions they play instead of picking a guy in a position he hasn't played or in some cases at all to reward him for having a good year. Flynn kept Niklaus to one goal, Thach kicked 5 and Harris 4 on the weekend to continue their consistent seasons and should be rewarded IMO.

Since when do you pick a TOTY from 1 game? No way flyn could crack that back 6 I have selected, and thach has only had a good 2nd half of the year.
Snags
Under 16s

Postby BOMBERS » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:09 am

Snags wrote:
BOMBERS wrote:

Since when do you pick a TOTY from 1 game? No way flyn could crack that back 6 I have selected, and thach has only had a good 2nd half of the year.

I said the 3 players you didnt selct in your TOTY continued their consistent seasons with good games on the weekend. I never said pick them because they played 1 good game on the weekend. Harris and Thach are in top 5 for goals kicked and Flynn has had the most best players out of the key defenders you have picked. Enough about this topic from me
BOMBERS
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:00 pm

FF D Feeley (Mallala) B.Nikaulas(Virginia) A.Duncan(hamley)

HB J.Earl(mallala) S.Obrien(two wells) J.Birchmore(mallala)

FB A.Mark(Virginia) A.Pont(Two wells) L Slok (Hamley)

FOL B.Dowdell(hamley) J.montgomerie(mallala) T.Stribling(hamley)

L.Pearson(balak) H.Pym(United)B.Robertson(Virginia)B.Slattery(two wells) zanandrea(hamley) B.hart(two wells) T.Rowe(HWE) K.Leighton(Twowells) B.Hood(United) B.hardie(mallala)

Couple of small changes to your side if I were picking players on the position they play, not how a side could possibly look. For those reasons I swapped Duncan and Stribling in positions. Robertson is a wingman/midfileder who can kick goals not a FP, so Feely comes in for mine. Cant remember Pym playing HB, unless trying to play loose to shake a tag, therefore Birchmore has done a great job when going back for Mallala, so he's in. Put a strange one in Slok in a BP, but I cant think of a forward who has kicked a bag of goals against him, Feely with 3 might be the only one, so as a pure BP, i think its hard to go past. I was going to swap the Leighton boys, but when you are tlking interchange you could have 20 in there...

As for the comment in reply earlier that Association footy is the recognition, whilst you have to have a certain number of players under the age of X, it is always a compromised team, so it is not a true reflection of the year. Also how many times do imports get selected in that team because they are imports, not because they have got a kick in the first 4 rounds. TOTY is a reflection of the whole season, not picking a team based on age, reputation etc. and therefore, a young kid, who doesnt play Association because he doesn't have a name after 4 games, can still be rewarded if over the course of the season he plays a major part in his teams results.

I love association footy dont get me wrong, but neither should substitute the other, simply we should have both.

There are probably a few players i have missed as I just ran of yours a little, but that being said, ythese are only opinions.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Snags » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:55 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:

FF D Feeley (Mallala) B.Nikaulas(Virginia) A.Duncan(hamley)

HB J.Earl(mallala) S.Obrien(two wells) J.Birchmore(mallala)

FB A.Mark(Virginia) A.Pont(Two wells) L Slok (Hamley)

FOL B.Dowdell(hamley) J.montgomerie(mallala) T.Stribling(hamley)

L.Pearson(balak) H.Pym(United)B.Robertson(Virginia)B.Slattery(two wells) zanandrea(hamley) B.hart(two wells) T.Rowe(HWE) K.Leighton(Twowells) B.Hood(United) B.hardie(mallala)

Couple of small changes to your side if I were picking players on the position they play, not how a side could possibly look. For those reasons I swapped Duncan and Stribling in positions. Robertson is a wingman/midfileder who can kick goals not a FP, so Feely comes in for mine. Cant remember Pym playing HB, unless trying to play loose to shake a tag, therefore Birchmore has done a great job when going back for Mallala, so he's in. Put a strange one in Slok in a BP, but I cant think of a forward who has kicked a bag of goals against him, Feely with 3 might be the only one, so as a pure BP, i think its hard to go past. I was going to swap the Leighton boys, but when you are tlking interchange you could have 20 in there...

As for the comment in reply earlier that Association footy is the recognition, whilst you have to have a certain number of players under the age of X, it is always a compromised team, so it is not a true reflection of the year. Also how many times do imports get selected in that team because they are imports, not because they have got a kick in the first 4 rounds. TOTY is a reflection of the whole season, not picking a team based on age, reputation etc. and therefore, a young kid, who doesnt play Association because he doesn't have a name after 4 games, can still be rewarded if over the course of the season he plays a major part in his teams results.

I love association footy dont get me wrong, but neither should substitute the other, simply we should have both.

There are probably a few players i have missed as I just ran of yours a little, but that being said, ythese are only opinions.

Don't mind ya changes, had birchmore on the bench because he can play through any position and also not getting in the best players for a entire year doesn't warrant a starting spot in the first 18.
Disagree with the slok and Pearson swap, Pearson hands down the best back pocketer, can play on any size forward and his rebound is better then most. Pym usually plays half back in association teams etc reason I chucked him there
Snags
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Birchmore a lock for the starting 18 IMO. Best players aren't always the best guide IMO. Blokes like James Wildbore hardly ever get in the top 6 but rarely lose their position. Slok has also only cracked the BPs twice. Hard one to pick without internal knowledge I guess. I try to compile one for the paper each year. Here's last year's (attached). I might get the Informer statistician to put one together this season. Which by the way, no one is reading despite making several changes this year. Don't know what to do about that. Anyway....
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 11.03.40 AM.png
Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 11.03.40 AM.png (328.87 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Just drop this years in the Informer for first weekend of finals, I know the BLG do that every year and always creates interest and discussion (and gets people reading it).
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Dr. Pink » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:25 pm

very interesting. Big deal made from producer about us at start of year when coach left. Then Virginia when there coach left and tigers and coach agree not to go on next year. All 3 make front or back page news.
Balak lose there coach in very susspicius circumstances even making news report on chanel 7 and not on front or back page but buried in the middle of paper. certainly a much bigga story than the other 3 coaches.
Favorite tism has certainly been talked about a lot where I have been today.
Dr. Pink
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:55 pm

Dr. Pink wrote:very interesting. Big deal made from producer about us at start of year when coach left. Then Virginia when there coach left and tigers and coach agree not to go on next year. All 3 make front or back page news.
Balak lose there coach in very susspicius circumstances even making news report on chanel 7 and not on front or back page but buried in the middle of paper. certainly a much bigga story than the other 3 coaches.
Favorite tism has certainly been talked about a lot where I have been today.

For the record, the Virginia coach story was never on the back page. Also sensitive in nature and covered accordingly.
The HWE coaching issue was also covered in a positive light, focussing on how well the club did to appoint a coach in time for the season's start.
People are entitled to their opinion, no matter how misguided it may be.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lame Choice » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Reasons aside, has the team been impacted by the exit? A closer than expected game to HWE last week after they were smashed by Hamley a week earlier. A do or die effort required against the Pies this week. If they lose it will open the door for TW.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Lame Choice wrote:Reasons aside, has the team been impacted by the exit? A closer than expected game to HWE last week after they were smashed by Hamley a week earlier. A do or die effort required against the Pies this week. If they lose it will open the door for TW.

It will. The Roosters sweating on the result this weekend but it could be Balak sweating on the game against Virginia the week after.
The first week of finals could be a repeat from the games the week before if they do make it.
I couldn't say the team hasn't been impacted by it. The loss against Virginia was probably evidence of that more so than the result against the Eagles.
I don't think we played poorly, it was fairly slippery but HWE came out and had a real dip. Skill level of the game was down and I don't think we've had any particular canters against them, even the night game was well contested, which probably didn't show on the scoreboard.
OnSong
Coach

Postby FlyBug$ » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Anyone no what happened to Ben Galic at the tribunal?? Got reported for abusing one of the umpires on the weekend.
FlyBug$

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Lame Choice » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:47 am

Mallala 1-39
Two Wells 40+
Virginia 40+
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby wangas#4 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:39 pm

FlyBug$ wrote:Anyone no what happened to Ben Galic at the tribunal?? Got reported for abusing one of the umpires on the weekend.

2 week Holiday I believe
wangas#4
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby Bob Loblaw » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Virginia 40+
Two Wells 1-39
Mallala 40+
Bob Loblaw