The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:50 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Booney wrote:Oh well, of course....one oval with grass on it varies remarkably from the next.

You know it does. You are on thin ice with this argument mate

Ask Westies this year

On thin ice, WTF does that mean?

I think there are very few differences between ovals and using it as a reason for losing is bollocks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:59 am

Booney wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
Booney wrote:Oh well, of course....one oval with grass on it varies remarkably from the next.

Ask Westies this year

I think there are very few differences between ovals and using it as a reason for losing is bollocks.

Yet its the Portress when they are winning ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:53 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Ask Westies this year

Yet its the Portress when they are winning ;)

That always pisses me off, its Adelaide Oval. Couldnt give a toss what the AFL sides want to nickname it. Portress, Crowval, god they cant even come up with anything good.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Interesting to read that Port currently have 18 AFL players that qualify for SANFL finals. Whether or not they win or just make the GF it will be the biggest disgrace to have happened to this comp for as long as I can remember.
Meanwhile in the WAFL East Perth Prostitutes are two games clear on top with two rounds to go. Like Port Prostitutes they haven't won a flag for over a decade. Low and behold both are flooded with AFL players and look like waltzing their way to premierships.
What a joke.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:06 pm

According to Rucci in today's rag, "the beauty of football in the city for the first time in 40 years".
Seriously?
For starters I reckon South and Sturt have differing opinions on that not to mention numerous Anzac Day games finals and prelims
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby mal » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:23 pm

Booney wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Ask Westies this year

Spot on Booney
Take Adelaide Crows Reserves as an example
They have won 7 more away games than home games in this SANFL season
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1141 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:29 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:According to Rucci in today's rag, "the beauty of football in the city for the first time in 40 years".
Seriously?
For starters I reckon South and Sturt have differing opinions on that not to mention numerous Anzac Day games finals and prelims

So you expect him to qualify that statement, in an article about afl, to include sanfl, ammos, over 35s, etc?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby tipper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:31 pm

bennymacca wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:According to Rucci in today's rag, "the beauty of football in the city for the first time in 40 years".
Seriously?

So you expect him to qualify that statement, in an article about afl, to include sanfl, ammos, over 35s, etc?

i didnt realise that AFL football was played there in the 80's??
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:33 pm

Fair point I guess haha.

I took it to mean top flight football, I don't think he said anything controversial.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Seriously?

For a period South and Sturt played home games there, for a period finals were played there and ANZAC Day games.

Anyone who has stumbled across some common sense knows Rucci is referring to the fact there is now football in the city every weekend for the first time in a long, long time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:37 pm

bennymacca wrote:Fair point I guess haha.

I took it to mean top flight football, I don't think he said anything controversial.

to be honest i havent read it. but rucci cant have it both ways.

not that i think it is at all relevant anyway, i havent read anything he has spewed forth in a very long time
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Booney wrote:
Seriously?

For a period South and Sturt played home games there, for a period finals were played there and ANZAC Day games.

Anyone who has stumbled across some common sense knows Rucci is referring to the fact there is now football in the city every weekend for the first time in a long, long time.

really? we are all supposed to be psychic and add the words he mysteriously left out (presumably left out, as i said, i havent seen the article)

and even back in the day, was there footy at adelaide oval every week? serious question. I would have thought that, like footy park, it would have been the odd game there but the majority would be at sides home grounds. was there really games in adelaide every week before the saca/sanfl split and creation of footy park? happy to be corrected.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:50 pm

Nitpicking like this makes us, who believe this is a bad decision, look stupid.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 pm

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:
Seriously?

really? we are all supposed to be psychic and add the words he mysteriously left out (presumably left out, as i said, i havent seen the article)

and even back in the day, was there footy at adelaide oval every week? serious question. I would have thought that, like footy park, it would have been the odd game there but the majority would be at sides home grounds. was there really games in adelaide every week before the saca/sanfl split and creation of footy park? happy to be corrected.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:31 pm

I just don't get why he needs to put a figure to it. I mean what's the argument?
Is it only regarding AFL? If so why say 40 years, why not 23/24 years?
Is it regarding 1st tier football? If so then that goes back to Sturt and South having it as a home ground.
Basically it's pumping up something that isn't actually so. Grand, sweeping statements like this are exactly what puppet masters like Rucci, Trigg, Demitriou, KT, Chapman and Kock hide behind in order to push their own agendas, the truth doesn't matter.
Yes footy in the city is good but it's hasn't ever really stopped. Big deal!
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Nitpicking like this makes us, who believe this is a bad decision, look stupid.

fair point :oops: but i dont see what the article (whatever it is on about) has to do with the reserves sides anyway. id argue i was nitpicking a completely separate topic ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Aerie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:45 pm

This from Port CEO Keith Thomas. Silly Garry. Must be hard putting spin on making sure the likes of Steven Summerton are doing something worthwhile with their football careers and ensuring Magpies memberships still sell and at the same time ensuring the general public that just a few injuries will see Port Magpies pegged back to the pack and they are not cheating the SANFL at all.

"The Maggies
And while we’re talking footy for a moment, I noticed the legendary Buddha Hocking up to his old tricks earlier this week.

Hot on the heels of a spirited win against our very worthy old foe Norwood, our SANFL senior coach was doing his level best to hose down premiership expectations for the Magpies.

I quietly suggested to him that whilst inferring that the Magpies were only there to support the AFL program was a novel idea, sitting on top of the table a win and ample percentage clear of the next team with one game remaining probably didn’t help his argument!

Better to just fess up to the fact that we are, as always, pretty keen to keep winning – the old Port Adelaide way!

The idea of the Magpies back in the finals for the first time since 2008 is more than just mildly exciting for our supporters - we’re actually jumping out of our skin to get into some fair dinkum September action!

Needless to say Garry is relieved that he has been given permission to dream…just a little!"
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:51 pm

What a crock of $hit.
Yet previously KY has stated that 'we don't want any advantages that other clubs don't have as that would only take away from our achievements'
And now he's happy to drum up the hoards with their glorious achievements done against all the odds.
What a fu€kwit.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Pseudo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Aerie wrote:This from Port CEO Keith Thomas.
The idea of the Magpies back in the finals for the first time since 2008 is more than just mildly exciting for our supporters - we’re actually jumping out of our skin to get into some fair dinkum September action!

How can he legitimately expect dinkum September action when he doesn't have a dinkum team?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby JK » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:09 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:What a crock of $hit.
Yet previously KY has stated that 'we don't want any advantages that other clubs don't have as that would only take away from our achievements'
And now he's happy to drum up the hoards with their glorious achievements done against all the odds.
What a fu€kwit.

Smart governance though, most Port fans will lap up success at any level and believe every word they're told by KT and DK. They won't believe or acknowledge any advantages they've had if they're successful.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL