Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Don't feed the troll
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby marbles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:Don't feed the troll

este pls

sfl bottom side clubs require another 5 years to hopefully get even near finals

in a particular division that 5 years growth can be achieved in one year

southerners bite the bullet save your clubs
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:13 pm

2 comp forums marbles and the same result in both. No one is listening. You're acting like those preachers in rundle mall.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby vics01 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:26 pm

Wondering with Lonsdale 16's playing finals this week will they be able to field two full senior sides on Saturday??

Marbles went out of fashion about 15 years ago.. Same as 2 divisions
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby marbles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:34 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:2 comp forums marbles and the same result in both. No one is listening. You're acting like those preachers in rundle mall.

nah definitely a lot of agreement occurring champ and waves are being made

just because u believe u are not a person who can make a difference doesnt mean everyone is also of the same self confidence

this is a discussion and i am merely discussing an alternative. u may not have the courage to do so but i do

at end of day im fighting to save crumbling clubs and you are not

clubs need solutions not hecklers & any solution is better than none

getting praise from forum roosters wont achieve anything the aim here is merely public awareness and at the crunch time u watch what committees decide when it comes to doing whats best for their clubs survival
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby afc9798 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:37 pm

marbles wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:Don't feed the troll

este pls

sfl bottom side clubs require another 5 years to hopefully get even near finals

in a particular division that 5 years growth can be achieved in one year

southerners bite the bullet save your clubs

Are you on a retainer Marbles? I hope so, because if you're on commission only you'd be insolvent. Maybe you should think about saving yourself rather than us poor Southerners. ;)
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby afc9798 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:40 pm

marbles wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:2 comp forums marbles and the same result in both. No one is listening. You're acting like those preachers in rundle mall.

nah definitely a lot of agreement occurring champ and waves are being made

just because u believe u are not a person who can make a difference doesnt mean everyone is also of the same self confidence

this is a discussion and i am merely discussing an alternative. u may not have the courage to do so but i do

clubs need solutions not hecklers & any solution is better than none

getting praise from forum roosters wont achieve anything the aim here is merely public awareness and at the crunch time u watch what committees decide when it comes to doing whats best for their clubs survival

No you're not, your trolling the SFL on a footy forum for no apparent reason. If you put as much effort into forming a cohesive argument as you do in posting the same crap over and over, you never know you might find a fish in a barrel to shoot.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby marbles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:16 pm

ok so seeing i have your attention and u are now showing some form of rational friendly response, what pros and cons would u provide to a proposal that the sfl move to a 10 team division & the remaining struggling bottom sides move to the saafls division 7

educate my ignorance rather than insult it and list to me the benefits and the disadvantages of such a move which at first seems radical, but if was to go ahead people would still wake up the next day and get on with their lives as if it was the new norm

can u tell me one point to why its outrageous but also give me one reason why it would be excellent
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:35 pm

marbles wrote:ok so seeing i have your attention and u are now showing some form of rational friendly response, what pros and cons would u provide to a proposal that the sfl move to a 10 team division & the remaining struggling bottom sides move to the saafls division 7

educate my ignorance rather than insult it and list to me the benefits and the disadvantages of such a move which at first seems radical, but if was to go ahead people would still wake up the next day and get on with their lives as if it was the new norm

can u tell me one point to why its outrageous but also give me one reason why it would be excellent

Can you provide an argument why the 5 southernmost struggling SAAFL clubs should not shift to an SFL div 2 rather than get lost in the unwieldy SAAFL?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby marbles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
marbles wrote:ok so seeing i have your attention and u are now showing some form of rational friendly response, what pros and cons would u provide to a proposal that the sfl move to a 10 team division & the remaining struggling bottom sides move to the saafls division 7

Can you provide an argument why the 5 southernmost struggling SAAFL clubs should not shift to an SFL div 2 rather than get lost in the unwieldy SAAFL?

well yeah of course i can. and i wont answer a questiin with another question

firstly the sfl has no div 2. your hierarchy believe an equal comp for lower sides is not equitable

secondly a div 7 for your no chance bottom sides, will actually instantly provide hope of playing finals, instead of getting smashed for another 5 years. finals bring smiling faces, smiling faces bring revenue, revenue brings growth, success good times and joy

compare these experiences, for your paying customers (footballers), to another 5 years of misery, pain suffering all to still be a struggling club, when by this time u could possibly have risen to division 4 if u really are as good as you claim to be
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:04 pm

marbles wrote:

There are more crumbling clubs in the Ammos than the SFL, so go try to save them
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby marbles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:50 pm

ya see they both need each other - and you guys need a 10 team division where you play each other twice

hackham
lonsdale
aldinga
edwardstown
marion
+
mitchell park
flinders uni
north pines
angle vale

i dont give a damn whether u have them or we have them, but may be unlikely an angle vale or north pines would join an SFL?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Straight Line » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:16 pm

Marbs go back to the circus....clubs would loose juniors and clubs CAN rebuild and turn it around like Hackham who should play finals sooner than later. (sorry for feeding the troll)
Straight Line
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby marbles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:49 pm

why would they lose juniors? marion edwardstown lonsdale could join msjfl?

hackham & aldinga juniors sure where da **** would they play? this is true

the sfl could separate junior league from seniors - hosting 2 organisations and allowing its 10 team SFL division to proceed....

# Southern Football League
# Southern Junior Football League

yes its crazy talk but no harm in discussing possibilities to make a better place for all

lets not all have panic attacks here
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:18 am

marbles wrote:why would they lose juniors? marion edwardstown lonsdale could join msjfl?

hackham & aldinga juniors sure where da **** would they play? this is true

the sfl could separate junior league from seniors - hosting 2 organisations and allowing its 10 team SFL division to proceed....

# Southern Football League
# Southern Junior Football League

yes its crazy talk but no harm in discussing possibilities to make a better place for all

lets not all have panic attacks here

Amateur League culture - worry about the seniors, the juniors can sort themselves out
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:21 am

marbles wrote:why would they lose juniors? marion edwardstown lonsdale could join msjfl?

Why leave a strong junior comp to go to a weak one? Only marbles could think that up...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Mister Footy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:20 am

Lets change the subject and get onto tips for this weeks games - some big games coming up
Happy Valley v Edwardstown - Valleys
Flagstaff v Christies - Christies
Hackham v Lonsdale - Hackham
Morphettville v Noarlunga - Noarlunga
Port Noarlunga v Marion - Porties
Brighton v Cove - Brighton
Morphett Vale v Reynella - Reynella
Aldinga enjoying Mad Monday a week early
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Blaze of Glory » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:13 pm

marbles wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:

well yeah of course i can. and i wont answer a questiin with another question

firstly the sfl has no div 2. your hierarchy believe an equal comp for lower sides is not equitable

secondly a div 7 for your no chance bottom sides, will actually instantly provide hope of playing finals, instead of getting smashed for another 5 years. finals bring smiling faces, smiling faces bring revenue, revenue brings growth, success good times and joy

compare these experiences, for your paying customers (footballers), to another 5 years of misery, pain suffering all to still be a struggling club, when by this time u could possibly have risen to division 4 if u really are as good as you claim to be

What smiling faces and revenue are you talking about?
Without meaning to be discriminatory, when Christies play some of the traditional SFL type clubs of Port Noarlunga, Noarlunga, Morphett Vale, Reynella,Happy Valley Etc. there are good crowds with a good atmosphere and presumably good takings at the bar canteen etc.

When playing teams "down the hill" at home or away our supporters out number theirs 5-1 regardless of success. we played Edwardstown and Brighton away to a handful of opposition supporters. even when they were towards the top of the ladder.
These handful of supporters will remain regardless, but if a team is successful in the SFL and are not attracting people to the games with a full day of footy with juniors, how would a move to div 7 attract more people and revenue?
Blaze of Glory
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Tiger83 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Can anyone post up the finals dates and venues if possible?? I wanna come down and have a gander.
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby MatteeG » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Happy Valley v Edwardstown - Valleys by 82. Way too good here. Towns looking for the mercy rule after a wretched 2014.
Flagstaff v Christies - Flaggies in a belter. 5 points.
Hackham v Lonsdale - Hackham by 75. Hawks have hit some good form in the last half of the season.
Morphettville v Noarlunga - Noarlunga by 15 points. Roos to have a red hot go but will fall just short.
Port Noarlunga v Marion - Porties by a lot.
Brighton v Cove - Brighton just have to win here. 33 points
Morphett Vale v Reynella - Reckon Morphies might pinch this one. 4 points. Is this a Saturday game?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL