SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:33 pm

carey wrote:I noticed PG didn't tip in the IF v Rosies A grade match???

Don't want to start another riot?

The side that can settle quickest and capitalise on their chances will go a long way to winning.
My tip: team with most goals will win
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:51 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Yes correct, but generally the support staff for A grade is same as B grade. C grade have always struggled for support unfortunately.
Also the Amatuer league guidelines stipulated for finals I believe requires a greater number of support staff?

I understand it is hard but am i right in saying you dont have to supply asnything for the middle game as you are not playing. It is the home team in that game that has to supply nearly everything, not you blokes just becausae it is at your ground. Or am i wrong?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:05 pm

The_Informer wrote:I understand it is hard but am i right in saying you dont have to supply asnything for the middle game as you are not playing. It is the home team in that game that has to supply nearly everything, not you blokes just becausae it is at your ground. Or am i wrong?

Ah I think you are right? Think Old Fullbacks concern is that the support staff will be in for a long day setting up and preparing the C grade, then heading to the B grade before returning to the A grade?

I'm over it already, lets talk footy..

How many of Rosewaters A grade are following Steve Dunn to Kilburn in 2015? ... plenty..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:08 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
carey wrote:I noticed PG didn't tip in the IF v Rosies A grade match???

Don't want to start another riot?

The side that can settle quickest and capitalise on their chances will go a long way to winning.
My tip: team with most goals will win

Pussy
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Informer » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
The_Informer wrote:I understand it is hard but am i right in saying you dont have to supply asnything for the middle game as you are not playing. It is the home team in that game that has to supply nearly everything, not you blokes just becausae it is at your ground. Or am i wrong?

Ah I think you are right? Think Old Fullbacks concern is that the support staff will be in for a long day setting up and preparing the C grade, then heading to the B grade before returning to the A grade?

How many of Rosewaters A grade are following Steve Dunn to Kilburn in 2015? ... plenty..

Ive heard there is a few from various clubs heading back there next season.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Danky$$ » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Is he coaching the C grade out there next year??
Danky$$
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby carey » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:47 pm

Danky$$ wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Is he coaching the C grade out there next year??

Didn't Kilburn's B Grade do a runner this year??????? ;)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times

Postby Boosh » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:50 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

The Kilburn cycle begins again, flogging a dead horse.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby beeroclock » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:58 pm

carey wrote:Which way does Ingle Farms ground run????? ;)

It doesn't.
Has no legs.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby beeroclock » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Boosh wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

The Kilburn cycle begins again, flogging a dead horse.

Yep.
I'm hearing another grant is on the cards.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:23 pm

The_Informer wrote:Ive heard there is a few from various clubs heading back there next season.

Correct
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:32 pm

carey wrote:Didn't Kilburn's B Grade do a runner this year??????? ;)

Heard he might return now that the bank balance is replenished and the cattle is flocking back :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Pag » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
carey wrote:Didn't Kilburn's B Grade do a runner this year??????? ;)

Heard he might return now that the bank balance is replenished and the cattle is flocking back :lol:

This is the exact problem and it's hard to see anything but the same eventual result.

It's a shame when clubs don't learn from their mistakes.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:41 pm

I was taking the piss.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Real Number 3 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:45 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:What were peoples thoughts on the umpires on the weekend? The two that did the reserves game at Lockleys I thought were very good, and infact thought they were much better than the two who did the A grade game at West Croydon.

the 2 that did the lakes v west Croydon b grade game were simply terrible. had no control, argued with players from both teams and it seemed they both had different rule books. if I remember hearing correctly, arch44 told our coach he thought they killed us in the 2nd half. no excuses though, no umpires = no games, plain and simple. west Croydon simply got on with the job in the 3rd and kicked 3 in a row to be 2 goals up at 3 qtr time and we just kept playing dumb footy in the last and couldn't get consecutive goals to put pressure on wc and save our lives. the very fast wingman for WC killed us but I thought their skipper won them the game by calming down a few of their hot heads.

hope the lad that got stretchered off in the last qtr and taken to hospital is doing alright, I somehow managed to cop abit of blame for that, but it was his team mate (grey haired ruckman) that actually cleaned him up.

and finally, what a year it has been for arch44 versus mlfc/rose park cc. knocked us out in the cricket prelim playing for Fitzroy, then knocked us out Saturday coaching wc :( :evil:

good luck to the rest of you b*stards still playing finals, im hitting the :weedman:
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:21 pm

The Real Number 3 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:What were peoples thoughts on the umpires on the weekend? The two that did the reserves game at Lockleys I thought were very good, and infact thought they were much better than the two who did the A grade game at West Croydon.

the 2 that did the lakes v west Croydon b grade game were simply terrible. had no control, argued with players from both teams and it seemed they both had different rule books. if I remember hearing correctly, arch44 told our coach he thought they killed us in the 2nd half. no excuses though, no umpires = no games, plain and simple. west Croydon simply got on with the job in the 3rd and kicked 3 in a row to be 2 goals up at 3 qtr time and we just kept playing dumb footy in the last and couldn't get consecutive goals to put pressure on wc and save our lives. the very fast wingman for WC killed us but I thought their skipper won them the game by calming down a few of their hot heads.

hope the lad that got stretchered off in the last qtr and taken to hospital is doing alright, I somehow managed to cop abit of blame for that, but it was his team mate (grey haired ruckman) that actually cleaned him up.

and finally, what a year it has been for arch44 versus mlfc/rose park cc. knocked us out in the cricket prelim playing for Fitzroy, then knocked us out Saturday coaching wc :( :evil:

good luck to the rest of you b*stards still playing finals, im hitting the :weedman:

Yeah have been pretty lucky so far against your mobs and hopefully that continues this week against PG mob.
I did say to your coach who seems like a good bloke I thought we got the better end of it with the umps but didn't say I thought you guys did in the last quarter because he was understandably a bit angry after the game. Thought it was a very brutal physical game and you guys were definitely up for it.
Yeah you were right about our ruckman Nadsy he took the blame for the collision.
See you in the cricket season.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Ok PG you've had your fun. This is what I see based on the season thus far.

BOS v West Croydon... should be a cracker of a game and arguably the best two teams in the comp. yes BOS have had a 'soft run in' but have 4 or 5 to come back in the team who have been injury managed over the last few weeks. They will have a full list to pick from and will be 100% fit and ready to go. They were their arrogant best in round 18 against MP and toyed with them, dangerous form but when they had to put their heads down they did. They have supreme quality all over the ground with the Hillmans, Demasi's, Brincat, Horsell, etc etc. I expect them to be tardy at the start and West Croydon will take advantage and get at them early, they have some real hard workers and lots of belief. If it comes down to the last quarter then there is no substitute for class and freshness and BOS will be in Div 5 come 5pm. BOS 21 to 30.

Ingle Farm v Rosewater.... A really interesting contest. The Farmers have had a stellar season and were the pacesetters for a long part of the year. My query is did they peak too early. Sounds a bit odd but Barker is a big key for them, he speaks well and leads them on the ground with strong discipline. The battle of the giants in Stevy G and Schar could actually determine the outcome for the Farmers. It's been well documented what Rosewater have 'supposedly' spent on being the best, but reality tells me they have been hurt by last years flop and tried to recruit accordingly. The fact remains they have lost Cross, Giuffreda, Reardon, Pawson, Madigan and Johnson-Shroeder from their early season domination and that brings them right back to the pack and very level with Ingle Farm. Rosewater have learnt from last year and will win even though Ingle Farm have the home advantage. Rosewater 21 to 50.

Good luck to all, you are clearly the best 4 teams in the comp and deserve to still be alive.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Good job brother! :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:59 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Good job brother! :D

:) I just figured you have a vested interest and I don't. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby marbles » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:14 am

Yank Man wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Good job brother! :D

:) I just figured you have a vested interest and I don't. :D

time for a Div 6 TV Show on youtube one would think ;)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League