The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

Postby Pseudo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:40 pm

JohnnyG wrote:
Cambridge Clarrie wrote:
Ask a Panther supporter whether they've hated this year. I doubt it!

I've actually both loved and hated this year - obviously loved it because of South's good performance, however, at the same time I have hated it from very early on in the season with the realization that barring a major upset, the power reserves are way too good for the sanfl and enjoy too many major advantages.

The 8 pure clubs have had a more settled season without having AFL players coming in and out of their teams each week, but on the other hand, the presence of the AFL reserves has had an adverse affect on the competition and more so on supporters.
I supported the AFL reserves in the SANFL originally but I was wrong - they should not be allowed to play in the finals.

In fact your mob has been denied a minor premiership and instead finds itself in a cut-throat final thanks to the participation of rubbish teams. Matches against AFL garbage ought not be for match points - with a view to the eventual removal of said teams.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby holden78 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:54 pm

It's smoke and mirrors...... the knobs have sucked us in with this Gayfl rubbish and having Port Power hide behind the famous prison bars has as much reality to it as a Miley Cyrus Showbag :oops:
But check out the mega spin with a traditional GF featuring the Power Vs tradition Norwood/ Sturt .......
It's the prison bars giving this Joke legitimacy.
No finals for practice match Hero's who cream themselves over playing at the MCG in September, it's not your comp fork off :Hangman:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby matt1 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:16 pm

You have a way with words Holden!
matt1
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby LPH » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:25 pm

holden78 wrote:It's smoke and mirrors...... the knobs have sucked us in with this Gayfl rubbish and having Port Power hide behind the famous prison bars has as much reality to it as a Miley Cyrus Showbag :oops:
But check out the mega spin with a traditional GF featuring the Power Vs tradition Norwood/ Sturt .......
No finals for practice match Hero's who cream themselves over playing at the MCG in September, it's not your comp fork off :Hangman:

1. Miley Cyrus Showbag - hillarious :lol:
2. Spin - see Mainstream Media :roll:
3. Joke legitimacy - :(

This is your best post IMHO. I don't always agree with your posts, but this is spot on, if not a tad harsh with 'Hero's' line ;)
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:34 am

matt1 wrote:You have a way with words Holden!

If you can understand them, I'm sure he does. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby smac » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:38 am

Have someone else read it to you, perhaps?
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby RB » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 am

LPH wrote:
holden78 wrote:It's smoke and mirrors...... the knobs have sucked us in with this Gayfl rubbish and having Port Power hide behind the famous prison bars has as much reality to it as a Miley Cyrus Showbag :oops:

1. Miley Cyrus Showbag - hillarious :lol:
2. Spin - see Mainstream Media :roll:
3. Joke legitimacy - :(

This is your best post IMHO. I don't always agree with your posts, but this is spot on, if not a tad harsh with 'Hero's' line ;)

Loving how you broke it down into bits and analyzed it, like an essay. You get an A-, LPH. :-)
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:05 am

If the passion for SANFL football is gone, why so many threads about it?
Why so many posts? If people weren't passionate about the league, then they wouldn't be contributing to these threads, particularly from a negative standpoint. People can say they're not passionate, but they keep returning to post on this site, in these threads. The passion is still there, it's just muted and, in some cases, has taken on a different, anti-reserves sentiment. Those protesting the loudest that they are less interested are obviously still passionate about the SANFL in some way or other.

I'm still very passionate about the SANFL and have a love it for its grassroots, its blue-collar football ethic, its link to our communities (historic and current) and its family values - I'm just very unhappy with the emergence of the national league reserves in our competition.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:25 am

Dogwatcher wrote:If the passion for SANFL football is gone, why so many threads about it?
Why so many posts? If people weren't passionate about the league, then they wouldn't be contributing to these threads, particularly from a negative standpoint. People can say they're not passionate, but they keep returning to post on this site, in these threads. The passion is still there, it's just muted and, in some cases, has taken on a different, anti-reserves sentiment. Those protesting the loudest that they are less interested are obviously still passionate about the SANFL in some way or other.

I'm still very passionate about the SANFL and have a love it for its grassroots, its blue-collar football ethic, its link to our communities (historic and current) and its family values - I'm just very unhappy with the emergence of the national league reserves in our competition.

Excellent logical post. I can respect your point about the reserves as you didn't need to slang off at the league. Personally I think they needed to move with the times and the changes were necessary but your Ponts about the passion are spot on
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby RB » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:35 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Personally I think they needed to move with the times and the changes were necessary

Why are the recent changes 'necessary', or in moving with the times?

Before you answer, please consider that:
A) Many people went to the Sanfl because they wanted a couple of hours of football a week amongst the AFL saturation.
B) Where are the eight legit clubs going to recruit fans from now on?
C) 36,000 people were at the Sanfl Grand Final last year, and obviously didn't lament the lack of AFL involvement.
RB
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:39 pm

RB wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Personally I think they needed to move with the times and the changes were necessary

A) Many people went to the Sanfl because they wanted a couple of hours of football a week amongst the AFL saturation.
C) 36,000 people were at the Sanfl Grand Final last year, and obviously didn't lament the lack of AFL involvement.

D) The SANFL moved with the times when it allowed the formation of the Adelaide Crows and the ascension of Port Adelaide to the national league.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:If the passion for SANFL football is gone, why so many threads about it?

Excellent logical post. I can respect your point about the reserves as you didn't need to slang off at the league. Personally I think they needed to move with the times and the changes were necessary but your Ponts about the passion are spot on

I also agree. There is plenty of passion and that passion is taking the form of grief. Grief for the loss of something that has played a significant role in our lives and now is gone.
Dog Day Afternoon

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 pm

RB wrote:

Because the AFL clubs said so.
Pseudo
Coach

Postby RB » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:41 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
RB wrote:

D) The SANFL moved with the times when it allowed the formation of the Adelaide Crows and the ascension of Port Adelaide to the national league.

...to its detriment.
RB
Coach

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
RB wrote:

The formation of the Crows was something that they were forced into so that the SANFL still had a say in the biggest comp in the land. Sad how over the years that influence has declined. I see it as a negative that the AFL sides were sold. State league sides are now toothless tigers and the failing Vic clubs (back when the Crows were formed) are now major players in teh future of our game. We have lost everything we tried to hold onto.
Dog Day Afternoon

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:45 pm

Pseudo wrote:
RB wrote:

Actually, 6 SANFL clubs said so.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Booney wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
RB wrote:

Actually, 6 SANFL clubs said so.

No, two AFL clubs said so. 6 SANFL clubs believed them.

The causal chain which led to the current mess has two links, both of them necessary and neither of them sufficient. Continually pointing the finger at only one of these parties is ignorant. That so many AFL apologists take the same stance might go some way to explaining the antipathy felt towards the AFL clubs in general by so many here ... and indeed, why some of the lesser-minded SANFL fans get abusive. Just sayin'.

To pre-empt any accusation of only laying blame with one party myself, I point to the depression in my wallet which used to be occupied by a club membership card. I disagree with what the club did and want no part of it.
Pseudo
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:55 pm

That's not entirely true.

If you ask 'er indoors for some Mum and Dad time and she agrees, what is more pertinent - you asking or her accepting the inviation?

Granted, without asking it's unlikely the bead head will come* knocking, but consider how many times you've asked and ye has not received*?

You can ask and ask and ask all you like......but she doesn't have to say yes.

( Many might see this as a good comparison to the SANFL/AFL reserves debate. One asked "Can I come and **** you?" and the other one said "Well, yes". )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:56 pm

Booney wrote:That's not entirely true.

If you ask 'er indoors for some Mum and Dad time and she agrees, what is more pertinent - you asking or her accepting the inviation?

Granted, without asking it's unlikely the bead head will come* knocking, but consider how many times you've asked and ye has not received*?

You can ask and ask and ask all you like......but she doesn't have to say yes.

( Many might see this as a good comparison to the SANFL/AFL reserves debate. One asked "Can I come and **** you?" and the other one said "Well, yes". )

I'm concerned that you're talking about beads. Well, not concerned, but it's definitely an insight I didn't need ;)
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Bed head.... BED HEAD...... :lol:

Whata typo to make!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL