SAAFL Division 2 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 2 grand final?

Broadview
20%
Flinders Park
7%
Gepps Cross
11%
PAOC
4%
PHOS Camden
9%
PNU
16%
Scotch OC
7%
SHOC
5%
SMOSH
15%
Walkerville
5%

Total votes : 95

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:57 am

jo172 wrote:http://www.saafl.asn.au/uploads/Pages/pdf/2014_tribunal_list__web_copy18.pdf

Johnny Boras out for two weeks for offensive language!

Massive blow for Broadies going into finals!

(good news for Nick Jolly and Paul Cahill duking it out for leading goal kicker though)

Missing the first final for to quote the great Eddy Murphy "Filth, flarn, filth, flarn , filth!!!!". That seems pretty harsh.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Boosh » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 am

Yank Man wrote:
marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:Could be a touch unfair for the other D7 teams?

yeah thats what cohiba was leading too

but i think theyll be likely to cut player wages to pay off debts so if they have any big guns they wont be set for payment and may go elsewhere leaving only loyal towns boys who play for jumper and not money?

Personally I think they should have stayed in SAAFL. I was at the special meeting that was held at the club in 2008 and the general feeling was entry into SFL would be the saving of the club or the sinking of it, unfortunately I fear the latter. If they want back in we should welcome them with open arms , regardless of the Div because the decision makers from back then have all gone and the current people would just want to see their great club continue. 5 years time and they celebrate 100 years and they could be around Div 3 or 4 by then. Just in case anyone wonders of my interest, I am a life member, ex B grade coach, junior premiership coach, previous board member of 10 years at Edwardstown but a proud supporter of SAAFL. :)

So Edwardstown were struggling to pay the bills and pay players enough to compete in Div 1, the obvious solution is to stop paying players so much and find your natural position in the league.

On that basis until someone tells me otherwise I have the same amount of sympathy for them as I have for Kilburn.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Fricky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Huge round of footy today. So proud of our lads today to fight out such a great win over SHOC, just the other result didn't go our way - someone at the parade told me the wrong Broadies score so I was thinking of finals next week.

Massive last round winners today to make finals or stay in Div 2; SMOSH def Flinders Park and Gepps Cross' great upset win over PAOC keep the winning teams up and Broadview def Scotch O.C. kept them in 5th.

Our Reserves finished 5th, so onto finals next weekend.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby absolutebath » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Suri wrote:Huge round of footy today. So proud of our lads today to fight out such a great win over SHOC, just the other result didn't go our way - someone at the parade told me the wrong Broadies score so I was thinking of finals next week.

Massive last round winners today to make finals or stay in Div 2; SMOSH def Flinders Park and Gepps Cross' great upset win over PAOC keep the winning teams up and Broadview def Scotch O.C. kept them in 5th.

Our Reserves finished 5th, so onto finals next weekend.

Geez, what a crazy final round. Phos would be kicking themselves about kicking 10.19 against Pnu and having Gepps roll PAC, can someone give us a report on the Gepps game!? PAC resting players or what?
absolutebath
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Cohiba » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Big crowd at the Den today....Still in doubt after the first three quarters but it was all Lions in the final term who cut loose for a 10 goals win. They deserved all the credit given in to them in the post match celebrations. Personally....for last week and in part this week, I understand a big thanks must go to GC or GC. As a motivational "tool" he is the biggest asset any opposition team can have when he gets involved....The lessons of 2003 taught him nothing.
Well done to the Flinders boys who came in and have a drink after the match. For both Flinders Park and PHOS Camden it is as WW said ...tough to swallow relegation after having at the very least won six games for he season given 4th and 5th only won eight and are playing finals. I imagine the PHOS boys would be particularly annoyed after coming home with a wet sail and looked safe but rueing their 0 and 7 start to their season. Be surprised if they stay in Div 3 more than beyond 2015.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby jo172 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Big congratulations to nick jolly for winning his first ever leading goal kicker after being one of the dominant SAAFL forward of the last 8 years
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Upthefalcons » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:19 am

jo172 wrote:Big congratulations to nick jolly for winning his first ever leading goal kicker after being one of the dominant SAAFL forward of the last 8 years

Didn't he win it last year?
Upthefalcons

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:23 am

Upthefalcons wrote:
jo172 wrote:Big congratulations to nick jolly for winning his first ever leading goal kicker after being one of the dominant SAAFL forward of the last 8 years

Didn't he win it last year?

No he won our club award nudging out our dynamic C Grade power forward despite only overtaking him in the finals. Yes I was robbed ;)

Korey Leckeol from Seaton won the goal kicking, Jolls won the association medal for B and F
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:33 am

Speaking of Association medals what are people's tips.

I like Giannini from PNU but I could name 6 or 7 blokes from PNU who will poll well and steal votes.

Not really sure who from the other clubs, any suggestions???

Apart from his eye catching oversized cranium Thorpe stood out for Scotch when we played them and SMOSH have their own ball magnet they must consider a chance.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:09 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Speaking of Association medals what are people's tips.

I like Giannini from PNU but I could name 6 or 7 blokes from PNU who will poll well and steal votes.

Not really sure who from the other clubs, any suggestions???

Apart from his eye catching oversized cranium Thorpe stood out for Scotch when we played them and SMOSH have their own ball magnet they must consider a chance.

I agree. I think John Giannini is big a chance but as you said the likes Matt Jolly, Tyler Brimacombe, and Jack O'Leary, will also poll well IMO.

Arron Bergsma (POHS), Justin Cicolella (SMOSH), and Josh Thurgood (Gepps) have been "consistent" and wont have too many taking votes....but I wonder if being in losing sides, and sometimes having a tendency to be bit "lippy" might cost these three.

William Thorpe (Scotch) as a Utility and kicking a swag of goals has had a great year but has the same problem as Giannini. The Beilbys, the Twopennys, and the Cahills along with Lachy Giles will take too many vote I suspect.

From other Clubs Justin Graetz and Carl Siebels from PAOC, Matt Delmenico (SHOCS), Brayden Fisher (Walkerville), and Broadview's Scott Burnett and Tom Whyte I think could all Poll well. To round it out Christopher Burgess from Flinders Park I think would be one of their best votegetters.

If it "was" a ruckman Brayden DePrince from Broadview was impressive for mine and as for a real "roughie" SMOSH's Lyndon 'Snagglepuss' Parham who has had his best season in the absence of Chris Molitor and often plays the four quarters unrested....could surprise.....as he will poll well in the Club's B&F this year).

But because I'm biased I think Cicolella will battle it out with Bergsma, as long as Arron doesn't have defender Adam Smyth pinch too many votes from him......
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Great informative post BT but I'd suggest Modburys Matt Jolly in div 3 is no chance to win the Div 2 medal. ;)

PNUs Nick "The Situation" Jolly is not going to win back to back medals. Might get 3 bests but this year PNU had a host of eye catching mids who will be on the leaderboard. I'd also expect "The Skipper" Tyson Burrows to get his standard dozen votes just for participation ;)

1. Giannini (PNU) - the lad sure can B sharp
2. Cicca (Smosh) - classy and eye catching
3. Thorpe (Scotch) - if he can get his head in front will be hard to peg back
4. Thurgood (Gepps) - saw him twice, could poll in both games
5. O'Leary (PNU) - great second half and played in 17 wins

Smokey - Scotch Ruckman - forgot his name but looked good from the times I saw him and I'd imagine should poll ok
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:57 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Great informative post BT but I'd suggest Modburys Matt Jolly in div 3 is no chance to win the Div 2 medal. ;)

PNUs Nick "The Situation" Jolly is not going to win back to back medals. Might get 3 bests but this year PNU had a host of eye catching mids who will be on the leaderboard. I'd also expect "The Skipper" Tyson Burrows to get his standard dozen votes just for participation ;)

1. Giannini (PNU) - the lad sure can B sharp
2. Cicca (Smosh) - classy and eye catching
3. Thorpe (Scotch) - if he can get his head in front will be hard to peg back
4. Thurgood (Gepps) - saw him twice, could poll in both games
5. O'Leary (PNU) - great second half and played in 17 wins

Smokey - Scotch Ruckman - forgot his name but looked good from the times I saw him and I'd imagine should poll ok

Don't often celebrate "late" these days...but after staving off relegation...ended up a bit fuzzy this morning...Yes....NICK "the situation" Jolly.... :D
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:38 pm

As good as Giannini's year has been, he is playing in a team where everyone is stealing votes off of each other. There is a handful of players that I can think of that will poll very well. Will be good to see someone from falconland take home the medal.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Blackwhite wrote:As good as Giannini's year has been, he is playing in a team where everyone is stealing votes off of each other. There is a handful of players that I can think of that will poll very well. Will be good to see someone from falconland take home the medal.

I feel a wager coming on BW. Choose your winner.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:54 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:As good as Giannini's year has been, he is playing in a team where everyone is stealing votes off of each other. There is a handful of players that I can think of that will poll very well. Will be good to see someone from falconland take home the medal.

Would have to go with Giannini. He has had at least 4 (could argue more) clear best on ground performances and many other games where you would think he would poll at least 1 or 2 votes. When someone gets as much of the ball as he does, the umpires tend to take note.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Upthefalcons » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:19 am

Blackwhite wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Would have to go with Giannini. He has had at least 4 (could argue more) clear best on ground performances and many other games where you would think he would poll at least 1 or 2 votes. When someone gets as much of the ball as he does, the umpires tend to take note.

Looking through the results Rowett has consistently got in the best players, any chance of him being up there? If gia dosent win I'd go jols.
Upthefalcons

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:21 am

Upthefalcons wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Looking through the results Rowett has consistently got in the best players, any chance of him being up there? If gia dosent win I'd go jols.

Rowett has never polled well even when he has won our best and fairest. For a super consistent gun he has Never polled more than 6 votes.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:50 pm

Giannini unluckily may not be unlike Molyineux when he was at Kilburn and Pressler won it out of the blue and surprised most of he "experts". As far as the times I have seen PNU this year and I had to choose.....O'Leary I thought was pretty good both times. I don't recall much of him in past years....Is he a recent addition to the side??
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Can I get Aaron Bergsma as a roughy to come home with a wet sail? Catches they eye!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Cohiba » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:51 pm

jo172 wrote:Can I get Aaron Bergsma as a roughy to come home with a wet sail? Catches they eye!

For the D2 Medal....I have him in my first three.....
Cohiba
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League