Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Re: Crows 2014

Postby Jim05 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:55 am

bennymacca wrote:John Ralph named Tom bellchambers as another player that clubs might look at. Personally I agree. Can play forward too. Would be a better get than giles, but would come at a much higher price

Still contracted for another year.
Held in high regards at Essendon but just cant get his body right hence has spent most of the year out injured or playing Ressies
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:59 am

Been saying Sanderson can't coach for 2 seasons now Hefty. 2012 was all Dean Bailey's work, not there for a majority of the season after and they went backwards. Not there again as he succumbed to his illness and they are in the same spot. Up the creek without a paddle!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:19 pm

I don't agree that sando can't coach, but I do think he needs a senior assistant in the box to bounce ideas off. He does seem a bit one dimensional sometimes. Goodwin would be a good win for the crows :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Sorry Dude » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:26 pm

IMO being one dimensional is a sign that one cannot coach. he has had the same game plan/ style running in his short stay at the crows to date. A non-football fan could see that Ziebell was absolutely pantsing Thompson on the weekend, but there was nothing even remotely close to being done about it.

If Sando is to stay in the top job, we as crows supporters have a little bit of hurt coming our way over the next year or two. Unless there are some drastic changes or a hail mary pops up for us.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Sorry Dude wrote:IMO being one dimensional is a sign that one cannot coach. he has had the same game plan/ style running in his short stay at the crows to date. A non-football fan could see that Ziebell was absolutely pantsing Thompson on the weekend, but there was nothing even remotely close to being done about it.

If Sando is to stay in the top job, we as crows supporters have a little bit of hurt coming our way over the next year or two. Unless there are some drastic changes or a hail mary pops up for us.

This could also be compounded by the fact that the support staff on match day are not having the impact that they should be either. If Sando was to go halfway through next season I can't say I have much confidence in any of the guys in the box to do a better job that what is being done currently.

Hinkley for example, clearly his guys were being challenged in that 4-5 week block, now whether it was work load, confidence etc he has turned it round to have them back to their early season form at the right time of the year.

It has been shown with our inconsistency this season that it isn't being done at the AFC!
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Sorry Dude wrote:IMO being one dimensional is a sign that one cannot coach. he has had the same game plan/ style running in his short stay at the crows to date. A non-football fan could see that Ziebell was absolutely pantsing Thompson on the weekend, but there was nothing even remotely close to being done about it.

Leaving Dangerfield up forward in the last quarter a couple of weeks ago was another blunder IMO.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:53 pm

heater31 wrote:

Leaving Dangerfield up forward in the last quarter a couple of weeks ago was another blunder IMO.

Continually picking Matthew Wright is another!
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Hefty » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:04 pm

We were very "Tex Friendly" in the last quarter from FB kick outs as well. It was about 2-3 times were Brodie Smith just long-bombed it to Tex outside defensive 50 and the Roos each time won the contest cos' they knew where Smith would put the kick. Whether that's from other players not working hard enough to space or a directive from Sando to hit up Tex from the FB kick outs.

Some team selections I don't quite understand either. IMHO, I would have M Crouch and Grigg selected ahead of Brodie Martin and M Wright. Martin did have one of his better games, disposal wise, but he is one bloke that butchers the ball.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Sorry Dude » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Hefty wrote:We were very "Tex Friendly" in the last quarter from FB kick outs as well. It was about 2-3 times were Brodie Smith just long-bombed it to Tex outside defensive 50 and the Roos each time won the contest cos' they knew where Smith would put the kick. Whether that's from other players not working hard enough to space or a directive from Sando to hit up Tex from the FB kick outs.

Some team selections I don't quite understand either. IMHO, I would have M Crouch and Grigg selected ahead of Brodie Martin and M Wright. Martin did have one of his better games, disposal wise, but he is one bloke that butchers the ball.

I don't think he buthers it as much as the opportunities as he has had previously. I would have him in the side over Laird as I think he wins the ball a lot more and plays both ways well.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Mark haysman all over the media as the possible new CEO
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:19 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:John Ralph named Tom bellchambers as another player that clubs might look at. Personally I agree. Can play forward too. Would be a better get than giles, but would come at a much higher price

Held in high regards at Essendon but just cant get his body right hence has spent most of the year out injured or playing Ressies

Spud.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:22 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Spud.

Im hearing you.
I said Essendon hold him in high regards not me, I dont think he is that good.
Paddy is miles infront of him and Joey does a decent job when he goes in so I cant see Tom getting too many opportunities with us
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:24 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Spud.

Im hearing you.
I said Essendon hold him in high regards not me, I dont think he is that good.
Paddy is miles infront of him and Joey does a decent job when he goes in so I cant see Tom getting too many opportunities with us

Got the impression that Bomber might be losing patience. Probably doesn't mean anything when I Disease comes back.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Goodnight lol

Gun recruits is a 27 year old small forward and some old fart, plus they got the 'must have' reserves side and they have gone no where lol

Look forward to seeing 11k at the crows game tomorrow
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Lol just Faaaaaaarking LOL.

Loser's, hows that SANFL side helping you now Sando??
Pressure has to go on Sando now to keep his job, has failed miserably.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:59 pm

whufc wrote:Goodnight lol

Gun recruits is a 27 year old small forward and some old fart, plus they got the 'must have' reserves side and they have gone no where lol

Out of curiosity, who do you support inn the AFL.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:08 pm

cracka wrote:

No one, just enjoy watching the corporation suffer and enjoy watching the best footballers like Ablett, Hodge, Hannerby etc etc

As far as a sporting comp I can't stand the way the AFL treat aussie rules football and have found as a generalisation Crows fans to be the dumbest sporting fans in world sport.

Had the choice of watching Strawberry Shortcake tonight or the AFL , I made a good choice
whufc
Coach

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:15 pm

whufc wrote:
cracka wrote:

No one, just enjoy watching the corporation suffer and enjoy watching the best footballers like Ablett, Hodge, Hannerby etc etc

As far as a sporting comp I can't stand the way the AFL treat aussie rules football and have found as a generalisation Crows fans to be the dumbest sporting fans in world sport.

Had the choice of watching Strawberry Shortcake tonight or the AFL , I made a good choice

So just a Crows hater or an AFL hater in general.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Yep never felt the need to jump off a side and competition that I had supported for 10 years and support a side in a competition in another state that i had no affiliation in.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL