SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby easy TIGA » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:30 pm

No castree is a joke. He would have had over 40 in atleast 5 games. And uses the ball well. Not to be in atleast top 4 is taking the p@ss
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby BurraBoys » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:40 pm

Brock will win our bnf by so much it's not funny
We do our stats after reviewing the video each week and he is averaging 37 touches a game.
The four guys from us nominated have had great season but for Cas not to win the medal is an insult
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:44 pm

I'm sensing some de ja vu here ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby bulldogs » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
The Rooster wrote:Yes I'm not sure who the chap was that obviously had too much and decided to let his emotions get the better of him, but it was very close to spilling over. It was good to have someone from HV step in and control this individual, eventually. I'm sure we'll forgive the racist comments that he made towards some of our supporters as he was clearly suffering from some kind of intoxication.

Considering the close proximity to the players race to the bar, it might have been nice to have match officials besides the pooraka ones in this area, but perhaps they were busy with the umpires as they were copping plenty as well, but that is only a suggestion.

Otherwise it was pretty well hosted, Young blokes on the gate offered to hand back my $5 if i couldn't find a park, which i thought was decent, an offer that wasn't needed as parks were still found.

And from our point of view both A's and B's were both played in good spirits and were both good spectacles of finals football in their respective grades.

nice attempt at a troll bulldogs (another ingle farm person riding the red wave this week)..if you bothered to read back you would know all about it.

you ingle farm blokes are quick to pour shit on other clubs but whinge and cry the minute anyone says anything about yours.

how about he without sin cast the first stone.

perhaps if you all kept your mouths shut your grand final wouldn't have ended in carnage last year.

Touchy FC, I'm not just a ingle farm person actually never played senior footy there but played at Pooraka. You can pour as much shit on the farmers as you like but the fact is the behaviour by your supporters was deplorable and rather then look in others back yard just cop it on the chin.
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby easy TIGA » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I'm sensing some de ja vu here ;)

Slightly different fc, I reckon molyneux on averaged 35.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:20 pm

No worries, taken on board but tell me, is it worse than the pissed Pooraka supporters that allegedly asked a 14 year old girl to show them her tits?

I note you all kept quiet about the fact that your C grade coach and assistant threatened an umpire 2 weeks ago and had the game called off as a result?

Actually, it was me that told people NOT to mention anything but you know what? You can thank me later for keeping that under wraps.

and you call us disgraceful....

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby The Rooster » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:31 pm

I Hope you have serious proof of this allegation about the drunk supporters and 14 year old girl, please PM the details so that it can be dealt with. If this is true this should have been brought to someones attention before now.
Two weeks ago there was an incident at the C4 game between Pooraka and Rosewater and the Coach was sent off after disputing a decision, one of the two umpires is his best friend so that had nothing to do with the game being abandoned, the two umpires made the decision after several unsavoury incidents they felt that was the best course of action. Personally, I think the Tribunal has more power now than it ever has and could have reported the offenders and moved on, but it was the last game of the season proper and of little consequence to the ladder.
This was never under wraps and if you told people not to mention it that's your business, you must have heard it from somewhere.
Disgraceful is a pretty appropriate word to describe the apathetic approach to controlling this unruly spectator who quite clearly wanted trouble, I myself, after being disgusted by his racist remarks, yelled to the HV bench that they "control their spectators" and upon noticing quite a few young kids next to me suggested that he considers that there are children around. Disgraceful, might not be what the Lady in the canteen said, but she was of the same opinion.
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby bulldogs » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote:No worries, taken on board but tell me, is it worse than the pissed Pooraka supporters that allegedly asked a 14 year old girl to show them her tits?

I note you all kept quiet about the fact that your C grade coach and assistant threatened an umpire 2 weeks ago and had the game called off as a result?

Actually, it was me that told people NOT to mention anything but you know what? You can thank me later for keeping that under wraps.

and you call us disgraceful....

The Rooster has responded very well to the matter.
I do not condone in anyway any inappropriate behaviour from any club, what you do with your information is totally your choice and from reading Roosters comments you had it wrong.
Issues with members or supporters is not a problem at a few clubs but to me is wide spread, I am actually not kicking Hope Valley but you cant put your head in the sand, these people need to be dealt with. That is the big tick for Ingle Farm they have dealt with issues and tried to put things in place to stop unruly behaviour. I would hope your club does the same thing and this person gets dealt with.
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:10 am

Removed
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby lovetowatch » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:42 am

have heard on the grapevine that former SFL coach Ben porter has the Kenilworth job in 2015 can anyone confirm and why is there current coach not going on
lovetowatch
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:44 am

Baldy acheived a fair bit in his time there - 5 years I think?

2 premierships? Fair effort, poor bloke probably needs a rest!

Footy Chick

Postby Cohiba » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:20 pm

easy TIGA wrote:No castree is a joke. He would have had over 40 in atleast 5 games. And uses the ball well. Not to be in atleast top 4 is taking the p@ss

Getting 40 in five games isn't necessarily going to get u a medal or rate u higher.....eg Molyineux the year Pres won a medal.... maybe those making selections are being more circumspect..... ;)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby easy TIGA » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Cohiba wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:No castree is a joke. He would have had over 40 in atleast 5 games. And uses the ball well. Not to be in atleast top 4 is taking the p@ss

Getting 40 in five games isn't necessarily going to get u a medal or rate u higher.....eg Molyineux the year Pres won a medal.... maybe those making selections are being more circumspect..... ;)

yeh I get that 40 touches doesn't mean 3 votes. Its what u do with them but castree breaks lines with run and long kicking, tackles hard and kicks goals.
Did u get a chance to watch gg this year?
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Postby Cohiba » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:57 pm

easy TIGA wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

yeh I get that 40 touches doesn't mean 3 votes. Its what u do with them but castree breaks lines with run and long kicking, tackles hard and kicks goals.
Did u get a chance to watch gg this year?

No I didn't......and I am not saying your point is invalid. But I did see Molyineux on more than one occasion and saw how a player who can amass 40+ touches and impact a game similarly as you describe of Castree, and be touted as the hot favourite for the D3 Medal, missed out.......

It may be said that the expectations that some umpires have of the 'gun' players might be viewed as more of a "norm" because they perform at the same level consistently. As a consequence they notice other team-mates who perhaps are not as gifted but who also perform over and above on the day and vote accordingly. As a result we "experts" can't understand how the umpires and ourselves get it so wrong when Medal Counts are done. Sometimes the "guns" receive their just rewards....sometimes you could argue wtf when they miss out.....People who don't necessarily pick Castree might be of the same opinion. It's not necessarily that they don't rate him.......and just so were clear, it's not that your award over Charlie M was any less deserving..... but just that most believed Molyineux was a certainty because of 40+ and effective touches. It was just an observation Tiga......
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby easy TIGA » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:26 pm

Yeh I agree and molyneux didnt get in top 4 either. Its just bewildering that blokes can play so well and not get anywhere near it. Not eeven saying to win the medal but not even in top 4.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Postby Cohiba » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:02 pm

easy TIGA wrote:Yeh I agree and molyneux didnt get in top 4 either. Its just bewildering that blokes can play so well and not get anywhere near it. Not eeven saying to win the medal but not even in top 4.

There it is....go figure eh.....I will now look with some interest to see how Castree goes in the count .....We will know soon enough I guess.....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:05 pm

My theory is that the outside players seen running away with the ball tend to attract the votes over the guys dishing out twenty clean handballs from the contests. Kicks > contested possessions for the umps.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Cohiba » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Q. wrote:My theory is that the outside players seen running away with the ball tend to attract the votes over the guys dishing out twenty clean handballs from the contests. Kicks > contested possessions for the umps.

It's a lottery sometimes Q as I believe each umpire has is own criteria for when he casts his vote post game each week. Not always what you expect.
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:30 am

Q. wrote:My theory is that the outside players seen running away with the ball tend to attract the votes over the guys dishing out twenty clean handballs from the contests. Kicks > contested possessions for the umps.

I actually had his conversation earlier in the season with someone, blokes who are flashy can run and get kicks - especially in the 4tg quarter - seem to gain more attention and are more noticed than the bloke who makes a dozen tackles or dishes out the handballs etc.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby easy TIGA » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:50 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

I actually had his conversation earlier in the season with someone, blokes who are flashy can run and get kicks - especially in the 4tg quarter - seem to gain more attention and are more noticed than the bloke who makes a dozen tackles or dishes out the handballs etc.

Sometimes, prez wouldnt be an outside runner. Too slow. Micky howson would have been kilburns best outside runner and kicked 40 idd that year and only got a handfull of votes.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League