River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby biffboy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:24 am

Settle down girls, your all going to be alright!

I think Mypo have stuffed up last week and will receive another pasting this week. Even the quality ins for them wont have enough affect as the Bears are the form team of the comp. Bears by 47pts

I also think Imps may get up over Mannum as they don't get paid double time on Sundays so their imports will only put in a half baked effort. Imps by 17pts

In the Ressies, I think we can get the job done but Meningie have a pretty decent side so don't want to under estimate them. As for the sunday game, who cares? Its a clear 3 horse race but I think the Bluds will get over the line
biffboy
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:10 pm

biffboy wrote:Settle down girls, your all going to be alright!

I think Mypo have stuffed up last week and will receive another pasting this week. Even the quality ins for them wont have enough affect as the Bears are the form team of the comp. Bears by 47pts

I also think Imps may get up over Mannum as they don't get paid double time on Sundays so their imports will only put in a half baked effort. Imps by 17pts

In the Ressies, I think we can get the job done but Meningie have a pretty decent side so don't want to under estimate them. As for the sunday game, who cares? Its a clear 3 horse race but I think the Bluds will get over the line

Hope your right Biff and our boys can back up last wks effort with another win. Bears by 20 points

Also think last wks result will be much the same for Mannum and I think they will get the job done. Mannum 19 points

In the Ressies, I think tomorrow's game will be a ripper and would love to see our boys hold the pressure on like they did a month ago and get the job done, but with Muffy and Girardi back in I think that may be just enough to get ramblers over the line. Ramblers by 11 points

And for Mypo v Jervois. I think with Jervois As out, they may have snuck a couple down after some discussions regarding there top 21. And this will be enough for them. Jervois by 15 points
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:49 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
biffboy wrote:Settle down girls, your all going to be alright!

Hope your right Biff and our boys can back up last wks effort with another win. Bears by 20 points

Also think last wks result will be much the same for Mannum and I think they will get the job done. Mannum 19 points

In the Ressies, I think tomorrow's game will be a ripper and would love to see our boys hold the pressure on like they did a month ago and get the job done, but with Muffy and Girardi back in I think that may be just enough to get ramblers over the line. Ramblers by 11 points

And for Mypo v Jervois. I think with Jervois As out, they may have snuck a couple down after some discussions regarding there top 21. And this will be enough for them. Jervois by 15 points

Meningie give midfield supply to buckets Jed Durdin and the Bhudda and they will be really hard to stop. Good luck boys still love ya both. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby biffboy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:22 pm

So Imps are done for the year! Unreal considering we were the train wreck early on haha. And from what I hear the Kenny boys, Davey, Hall & the good Puatti are all leaving? Even some local ex- juniors are looking for options out as they don't want to be around when it all goes bad!

Dont know how true that all is but I will laugh if it is.

Mannum looked Ok today & should have won by more. Still a toss up who will win this year as I thought meningie were average sat but got the job done.

Any news on soft cock Moss? Went down like a sack of crap when some one brushed the sweat of his stomach, stretcher and all. Miraculously he was oj 10 min later.to go back on
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:43 am

biffboy wrote:So Imps are done for the year! Unreal considering we were the train wreck early on haha. And from what I hear the Kenny boys, Davey, Hall & the good Puatti are all leaving? Even some local ex- juniors are looking for options out as they don't want to be around when it all goes bad!

Mannum looked Ok today & should have won by more. Still a toss up who will win this year as I thought meningie were average sat but got the job done.

Any news on soft cock Moss? Went down like a sack of crap when some one brushed the sweat of his stomach, stretcher and all. Miraculously he was oj 10 min later.to go back on

Pretty sure it was smith who got stretchered off Saturday and evidently it was only a groin, and yeah agreed the bears played average Saturday but still managed to get the job done which is the main thing.

Yesterday's game didn't reach any great heights until the last quarter when Henry Hodge decided to play a real captains game ;) which cost his team the game in my opinion. I know there where some very pissed off supporters as apparently that happens a bit. No doubt the imps board will be blaming the points allocation for there early exit. They've done it pretty tough over the yrs. Not sure who the young kid for imps was no 38 I think. Did some very impressive things.

Must say it's a ripper finals series building as you go to the footy and you really don't know who is going to win.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:35 am

grasshopper22 wrote:
biffboy wrote:So Imps are done for the year! Unreal considering we were the train wreck early on haha. And from what I hear the Kenny boys, Davey, Hall & the good Puatti are all leaving? Even some local ex- juniors are looking for options out as they don't want to be around when it all goes bad!

Pretty sure it was smith who got stretchered off Saturday and evidently it was only a groin, and yeah agreed the bears played average Saturday but still managed to get the job done which is the main thing.

Yesterday's game didn't reach any great heights until the last quarter when Henry Hodge decided to play a real captains game ;) which cost his team the game in my opinion. I know there where some very pissed off supporters as apparently that happens a bit. No doubt the imps board will be blaming the points allocation for there early exit. They've done it pretty tough over the yrs. Not sure who the young kid for imps was no 38 I think. Did some very impressive things.

Must say it's a ripper finals series building as you go to the footy and you really don't know who is going to win.

Hodgey was extremely disappointing. Not what you want from a skipper in the last quarter. I thought we had a red hot crack and threw everything we had at Mannum and they are a pretty tough unit. The scoreboard probably flattered us a bit. If we threw that at the chooks they would have waved the white flag. But yes Biffboy the battle of the bridge goes to you this year :oops:

As for the finals series itself. I thought the Bears were unbeatable but Mypo showed that not to be the case. I expect Mypo to get the job done this week and Meningie by a point.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby The Panther » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:21 am

Mannum Back to back if all their big names stay fit.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby anzacspirit » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:56 pm

hopefully the drunken imps supporter who hurled a bottle of water that hit a 5 year old girl gets a ban of some sort from the rmfl. There is no excuse whatsever for what he did regardless of whom this moron was aiming the bottle at. This is yet another reason I have rarely attended any A grade matches this season as the behaviour of some supporters from ALL clubs is completely innappropriate for young children to be around.
anzacspirit
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mannum

Postby The Dictator » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:17 pm

anzacspirit wrote:hopefully the drunken imps supporter who hurled a bottle of water that hit a 5 year old girl gets a ban of some sort from the rmfl. There is no excuse whatsever for what he did regardless of whom this moron was aiming the bottle at. This is yet another reason I have rarely attended any A grade matches this season as the behaviour of some supporters from ALL clubs is completely innappropriate for young children to be around.

Herd about this ... not a great look for imps or the rmfl period ... wouldn't be surprised to see this story get more attention !!!
The Dictator
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:54 pm

On another note. Jezza Clayton played one of the great quarters of football i've seen at RMFL level for some time
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby bigbadkenny » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:40 am

hodgy old man threw the bottle,and hit hallys daughter so yes there will be more to follow
bigbadkenny
Under 16s

Postby bigbadkenny » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:44 am

grasshopper22 wrote:

I think your talking about Mitchell leinert(good young player)
bigbadkenny
Under 16s

Postby The Dictator » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:04 pm

bigbadkenny wrote:hodgy old man threw the bottle,and hit hallys daughter so yes there will be more to follow

Didn't know it was Hally's daughter. Was it deliberate? Geeeeeezzzzzuuuuuss
The Dictator
Rookie

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:40 pm

The Dictator wrote:
bigbadkenny wrote:hodgy old man threw the bottle,and hit hallys daughter so yes there will be more to follow

Was aimed at the Mypo boys who where on the turps giving hodge a "hey hey goodbye" chant as he was getting sent off. Have also heard it was a empty water bottle. So yes it was wrong that he threw it but pretty trivial compared to if it was a stubby or a full can.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby The Dictator » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:06 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
The Dictator wrote:

Was aimed at the Mypo boys who where on the turps giving hodge a "hey hey goodbye" chant as he was getting sent off. Have also heard it was a empty water bottle. So yes it was wrong that he threw it but pretty trivial compared to if it was a stubby or a full can.

Well a stubby or full can would've nearly killed a young girl Einstein! Pretty sure an empty water bottle doesn't travel to far either :roll: mypo lads on the turps is interesting though ... B graders?
The Dictator
Rookie

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:18 pm

The Dictator wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:
The Dictator wrote:

Well a stubby or full can would've nearly killed a young girl Einstein! Pretty sure an empty water bottle doesn't travel to far either :roll: mypo lads on the turps is interesting though ... B graders?

Mixture of both grades mate but majority A's from what I seen.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby The Dictator » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Is that not a tad strange after a loss? Must be pretty confident about this week.
The Dictator
Rookie

Postby anzacspirit » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:58 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
The Dictator wrote:

and herein lies the problem, it shouldn't matter what it was be it an empty bottle, can, cup, the fact he lost his cool and felt the need to threaten another person with violence is simply not and and an example needs to be set just like they do with racial vilification.
anzacspirit
Rookie

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:06 pm

anzacspirit wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:
The Dictator wrote:

and herein lies the problem, it shouldn't matter what it was be it an empty bottle, can, cup, the fact he lost his cool and felt the need to threaten another person with violence is simply not and and an example needs to be set just like they do with racial vilification.

Yes an example does need to be set but I said it could have been a lot worse, and it definately could have been a lot worse.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby RooShootOhh » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:04 pm

anzacspirit wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:
The Dictator wrote:

Whilst I certainly dont condone the actions in any way shape or form, lets not go over the top here. You would assume he knew the bottle was empty and anyone in their right mind knows a empty bottle of water isnt going to do any significant damage.

So i wouldn't go over the top calling it a violent or threatening act, a poor act, silly even, and one that shouldn't have occurred, YES, violent, no.
Should someone have a word to him, remove him from further scenarios like that, yes, compare it to racial vilification is a long stretch and not actually doing justice to the sensativity of that subject
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy