Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:51 pm

Two clearances pending for HWE this weekend.

Matt Higgs (Kingston) and Curtis Jelbert (Broken Hill Central)
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Snags » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:10 pm

swingman wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Medal - S.Galbraith

Would he be a chance to win the 2s medal ? He spent abit of time there didn't he ?

HA can't see him getting a vote tbh
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Bob Loblaw » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Virginia 1-39
Mallala 1-39
United 40+
Bob Loblaw
Under 18s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Snags » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Two wells were in the game up until half time, great first half from both sides. Two wells injuries let them down in the 2nd half and Virginia turned it on. Next year for two wells I guess!
Snags
Under 16s

Postby pureclass » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:06 pm

I went and watched Mallala v Hamley Bridge yesterday and as a neutral viewer I thought Mallala were outplayed for most parts of the game and resorted to dirty tactics and targeted certain Hamley players throughout the game . I was speaking to a few Mallala folk throughout the game and they said Mallala didn't play the style of footy that has got them in the position they are right now.
Hamley Bridge had too much firepower up forward with Hanson and Thach looking dangerous every time they went near the ball and Mallala struggled to contain them.
Thought Montgomerie, Duncan and Stribling were the standouts in the middle and provided a lot of drive for there sides and only innacurate kicking cost Hamley Bridge a bigger win. Stayed back at the club afterwards and I hear there are a few to come back in so not all doom and gloom for the magpies.
pureclass
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:34 am

pureclass wrote:I went and watched Mallala v Hamley Bridge yesterday and as a neutral viewer I thought Mallala were outplayed for most parts of the game and resorted to dirty tactics and targeted certain Hamley players throughout the game .

Agree with the first part, Mallala were completely outplayed for most of the game. Hamley looked better going forward and were dominant around the clearances, particularly Duncan. The second part is quite amusing though. There didn't seem to be much heat in the match at all. Are you refering to short period when Mallala actually started laying some tackles?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby pureclass » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
pureclass wrote:I went and watched Mallala v Hamley Bridge yesterday and as a neutral viewer I thought Mallala were outplayed for most parts of the game and resorted to dirty tactics and targeted certain Hamley players throughout the game .

Agree with the first part, Mallala were completely outplayed for most of the game. Hamley looked better going forward and were dominant around the clearances, particularly Duncan. The second part is quite amusing though. There didn't seem to be much heat in the match at all. Are you refering to short period when Mallala actually started laying some tackles?

The previous times I've watched you guys play you have been a discipline and well structured side. Looked like the discipline waa lost and players were more interested in engaging in jumper punching and in one case early on throwing punches to the head and causing a blood rule. Hamley Bridge weren't innocent as they were also amongst it but I thought you guys drifted away from attacking the ball and focused on the player. Should be a good game next week when both teams are full strength. I will know not to buy a footy budget next week. Most uninformative thing I have read. Was only good for matching players names to numbers.
pureclass
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby OnSong » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:51 pm

On the budget, what improvements would you make? Feedback will help guide next year's. Made several big changes this year and will continue trying to improve it, or abandon it all together.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:26 pm

pureclass wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

The previous times I've watched you guys play you have been a discipline and well structured side. Looked like the discipline waa lost and players were more interested in engaging in jumper punching and in one case early on throwing punches to the head and causing a blood rule. Hamley Bridge weren't innocent as they were also amongst it but I thought you guys drifted away from attacking the ball and focused on the player. Should be a good game next week when both teams are full strength. I will know not to buy a footy budget next week. Most uninformative thing I have read. Was only good for matching players names to numbers.

The pies were certainly a long way from their best.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:29 pm

OnSong wrote:On the budget, what improvements would you make? Feedback will help guide next year's. Made several big changes this year and will continue trying to improve it, or abandon it all together.

Pretty sure you'll never please everyone. The team lists are in there, not sure what else people expect to be in it. Buy the producer or bunyip at the local shop before you walk into the footy if your looking for more info.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby OnSong » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:On the budget, what improvements would you make? Feedback will help guide next year's. Made several big changes this year and will continue trying to improve it, or abandon it all together.

Pretty sure you'll never please everyone. The team lists are in there, not sure what else people expect to be in it. Buy the producer or bunyip at the local shop before you walk into the footy if your looking for more info.

You won't find Adelaide Plains Dream Team in the Bunyip or Producer! #91points
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lame Choice » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:49 pm

This year is a huge improvement on the last and would be a shame not to be able to buy a budget at the gate on gameday. I'm not fussed with the price, a few bucks is not much, and if it needs to go up to cover the costs then so be it.

My biggest critism is still the numbers for players. The main reason I carry around a budget in my pocket is to see 'who #3 is' etc., particuarly for the opposition. Especially for the junior grades where I have no idea on who the players are, but am interested in family names, ie., this kid is another 'McPharlin'. Against some players there are no numbers, or incorrect numbers. I understand this is directly related to the Sporting Pulse team inputs.

Club input is essential and Hamley do this the best with a weekly blurb about upcoming events etc.

The ladder is also a must and something I refer to throughout the games including netball.

One critism I guess is the 'cut and paste' from the paper, but I appreciate not all people read both and if it lowers cost while providing addional text then that's ok.

Historical tit bits would be interesting, could be researched at the start of the year in one hit and included piece part throughout the year.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:50 pm

I think it's fine how it is, my son makes sure that we have the correct change every week and then it keeps him occupied for a while, he's very impressed with the dream team point player.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:00 pm

OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

You won't find Adelaide Plains Dream Team in the Bunyip or Producer! #91points

Should've ramped up the intensity in junk time last week.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:27 am

Anyone know if/when/who invites to the medal count?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:37 am

RooShootOhh wrote:Anyone know if/when/who invites to the medal count?

Congratulations to the following people from our Club that have been invited to represent Virginia at the count on the 13th September at Two Wells.
APFL JUNIOR COLTS
CHAIRMA JEERASAK
RESERVES
BARRY WANGANEEN
A GRADE
BRADLEY ROBERTSON
CALEB HOWELL
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby THACHY_7 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Hamley
Stribling and Dowdell
THACHY_7
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Snags » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:47 pm

Two wells
Under 14s- Jayden brewin, luke Barnett.
Under 17s- josh pellizzarri (my tip to win it)
Reserves- Matt sincock (my tip to win it), Ben Stubing.
A grade- ned secccafien, lee Allmond.
Snags
Under 16s

Postby Lame Choice » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:08 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

Congratulations to the following people from our Club that have been invited to represent Virginia at the count on the 13th September at Two Wells.
APFL JUNIOR COLTS
CHAIRMA JEERASAK
RESERVES
BARRY WANGANEEN
A GRADE
BRADLEY ROBERTSON
CALEB HOWELL

No Russel? Well that blows my tip..
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Two wells coach retired as well, So that's United/Two wells Correct? With Balaklava/Virginia???
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy