SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby junior13 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:13 pm

Does anyone from GG know how the young lad is that got stretchered off at the end of the game??
junior13
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury West

Postby Hefty » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:20 pm

junior13 wrote:Does anyone from GG know how the young lad is that got stretchered off at the end of the game??

Yeah Tyler will be OK. Bit of concussion and got the all clear from the x-ray on his back.

As stated before by an SW poster, we cleared out in the first quarter to lead by 34 points at qtr time (should've been more, if only we kicked straight). Then afterwards SW just turned it on and ran over the top of us......don't get to see many A grade games but no 13 for SW can go.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby junior13 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Hefty wrote:
junior13 wrote:Does anyone from GG know how the young lad is that got stretchered off at the end of the game??

Yeah Tyler will be OK. Bit of concussion and got the all clear from the x-ray on his back.

As stated before by an SW poster, we cleared out in the first quarter to lead by 34 points at qtr time (should've been more, if only we kicked straight). Then afterwards SW just turned it on and ran over the top of us......don't get to see many A grade games but no 13 for SW can go.

So glad to hear. It doesn't matter what team a player is from, when they go down like that you still worry. Yeah #13 has found form in the last 6 weeks, after a very quiet year. Struggled with injury through most of season, but has come out firing when it counts. Top effort from all the lads Saturday, glad I didn't have to pick best players ;)
junior13
Mini-League

Postby Bigshow82 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Heard over the weekend the Salisbury Wests coach is heading to two wells next season.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Ok, that explains another little ditty I heard, in that they may have already suggested they won't go up next year.

Not sure if they would ever actually exercise that right though, the Westies I know have always aimed to play as high as they can.

Unless of course, everyone is going back to Brahma ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Pag » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Ok, that explains another little ditty I heard, in that they may have already suggested they won't go up next year.

Not sure if they would ever actually exercise that right though, the Westies I know have always aimed to play as high as they can.

I've head rumblings about this as well. Howden has been doing a massive job, hope for Westies sake he stays and they take the challenge on.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby easy TIGA » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Ok, that explains another little ditty I heard, in that they may have already suggested they won't go up next year.

Maybe the players are all waiting to see if they get paid at the end of the year as the board has stated. The clubs funds have dried up for the time being.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby junior13 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Pag wrote:

I've head rumblings about this as well. Howden has been doing a massive job, hope for Westies sake he stays and they take the challenge on.

Saisbury West have always aimed to play higher divisions. As far as I have heard, all players want to stay together at westies, and the coach has been rumoured to be going to two wells, virginia, salisbury north and brahma lodge. Who knows, maybe the AFL will be the next rumour. Lol. A few ex-players are also rumoured to be coming back. The club are all looking forward to division 3 next year.
junior13
Mini-League

Postby old farmer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:Heard over the weekend the Salisbury Wests coach is heading to two wells next season.

Heard on the weekend our good friend Half Back Flanker is in the running for that job....Or was it Trinity, or maybe both. You never know with him, could be up to anything. ;)
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby beeroclock » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:08 pm

old farmer wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:Heard over the weekend the Salisbury Wests coach is heading to two wells next season.

Heard on the weekend our good friend Half Back Flanker is in the running for that job....Or was it Trinity, or maybe both. You never know with him, could be up to anything. ;)

Ouch.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Boosh wrote:Since it's close to the 1 year anniversary any Woodville South posters care to let me know if we will ever get a copy of the Div 5 Reserve Grand Final? Since we paid for it and John no longer returns our calls just wondering if any of you have a copy of it.

They aimed for relegation once it was clear Havens were looking likely to come up to Divvy 4 as well - just to keep avoiding you :lol:
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dazzler » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Boosh wrote:Since it's close to the 1 year anniversary any Woodville South posters care to let me know if we will ever get a copy of the Div 5 Reserve Grand Final? Since we paid for it and John no longer returns our calls just wondering if any of you have a copy of it.

Just made a couple of calls. The committee was under the impression it was sent to you. They are going to call the guy that filmed it and try to work out what has gone on.
Dazzler

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby Boosh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Dazzler wrote:

Just made a couple of calls. The committee was under the impression it was sent to you. They are going to call the guy that filmed it and try to work out what has gone on.

Cheers mate, I personally made about 20 calls on this topic and many others did also so someone knows.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Boosh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:12 pm

S Demon wrote:

They aimed for relegation once it was clear Havens were looking likely to come up to Divvy 4 as well - just to keep avoiding you :lol:

Very cunning!

Have you missed us SD?
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby S Demon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Boosh wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Very cunning!

Have you missed us SD?

No.

Keen for a quadruple header though if we can get it happening? Same with Salisbury
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby NO-MERCY » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Will GG :Hangman: :Hangman: again?
NO-MERCY
Coach

Been liked: 15 times

Postby TIRED TIGER » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Boosh wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Very cunning!

Have you missed us SD?

bet the Valley boys are looking forward to changing in the dark at havens change rooms again :lol:
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Boosh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:08 pm

TIRED TIGER wrote:
Boosh wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Very cunning!

Have you missed us SD?

bet the Valley boys are looking forward to changing in the dark at havens change rooms again :lol:

I've already taken the globes in anticipation.

There will be a frog nightlight and a lava lamp, enjoy.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Boosh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:09 pm

S Demon wrote:
Boosh wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Very cunning!

Have you missed us SD?

No.

Keen for a quadruple header though if we can get it happening? Same with Salisbury

Ahhh I think you have, I know I have missed you.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby jo172 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Any story as to what Dale Armstrong's permit application back to the SANFL is for?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League