SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 am

Well marbles if that were the case, Henley would win nothing because your sandbaggers won't go up to C grade therefore can't come down
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby marbles » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:57 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Well marbles if that were the case, Henley would win nothing because your sandbaggers won't go up to C grade therefore can't come down

hey stack ya ressies no one seems to care, in fact play ya a-grade in both games
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:52 am

marbles wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Well marbles if that were the case, Henley would win nothing because your sandbaggers won't go up to C grade therefore can't come down

hey stack ya ressies no one seems to care, in fact play ya a-grade in both games

Now that really is the pot calling the kettle black :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby marbles » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:06 am

Yank Man wrote:
marbles wrote:

Now that really is the pot calling the kettle black :D

dont turn this into a sandbagging crock just because weve got a 45 year old ex afl and xrunna cant stop crying about getting smashed by a man twice his age. if u was 45 and still playing yankman im sure edwardstown would still be in div 1 :)

there is no bloke in our dgrade finals that has played every game of the season in our agrade, nor is there any bloke playing in more than 1 final on the same day, and i dont give a toss whether your short on numbers, u play 1 final and 1 final only

your side aint got enough numbers then u dont deserve to be there
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:38 am

morell wrote:Yep, good effort from the Farmers to make the leap from 7 to 6 and get to the second week of finals. Its well documented how hard that is. If they can keep their side together and add 3 or 4 more they will be premiership fancies next season.

Rosies still my tip for the flag.

Really, I thought they'd be about 7's.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby carey » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
morell wrote:Yep, good effort from the Farmers to make the leap from 7 to 6 and get to the second week of finals. Its well documented how hard that is. If they can keep their side together and add 3 or 4 more they will be premiership fancies next season.

If LM if Given 7's for Rosie's what's the max bet? I want on that train!!!!!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Arch44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 am

Cohiba wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:It'd be pretty funny if you didn't pick em in the B's :lol:

Yeah sorry boys we cant win this week, I didn't pick us on the Footy forum :lol:

Just on our Bgrade Saturday was the best win I have been involved in as a coach thus far. To be 40 points down at one stage and 5 goals down at half time to come back was outstanding. Half the side I have at the moment went through last year 0 and 18 in 5reserves and for them to get to the prelim this year is a mighty effort and with the same attitude we haven't stopped yet. OK enough pumping up our tyres. ;)

Fair effort that.......You probably get a knock on the door from the Melbourne FC with that on the coaching Resume......Good luck this week :)

:lol: Cheers mate but our depth has grown this year I'm just happy for the lads from last year and don't think I would want that Melbourne gig either.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby morell » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Oh in no way should they be favourites with the bookies, but they were the best side I saw this year, albeit that was when they had little to no injuries.

If they have a full squad and manage to get it all together on the day, I think they've got the structure, talent and motivation to be better than anyone.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby wassprinttospace » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:It'd be pretty funny if you didn't pick em in the B's :lol:

Yeah sorry boys we cant win this week, I didn't pick us on the Footy forum :lol:

Just on our Bgrade Saturday was the best win I have been involved in as a coach thus far. To be 40 points down at one stage and 5 goals down at half time to come back was outstanding. Half the side I have at the moment went through last year 0 and 18 in 5reserves and for them to get to the prelim this year is a mighty effort and with the same attitude we haven't stopped yet. OK enough pumping up our tyres. ;)

And still 29 points down at 3 qtr time the WC B grade's last quarter on Saturday was outstanding, Ingle farm just stopped.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby Yank Man » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Here we go PG, Prelim Final day at Fawk Reserve

West Croydon versus Rosewater

Two really good teams going toe to toe. Interesting to note that they are even stevens in the the minor round and the only game the Hawks have lost at home this year is to Rosewater, so for me their is no real home advantage. Only 15 points separate them. West Croydon have the 'nude nuts' up forward in McKinnon and Stubberfield along with Wiles as the 'crumber' and at times the actual go to, so that gives them potent fire power up forward. Underrated ruckman in Nick Symonds will have his work cut out controlling the man mountain in Schar and it seems the 'Cat' also got hold of him last Saturday. Big game for him but he is a real competitor and expect him to give his all this week. The class of Cooper, Francis, Symons and the Freemans around the ground will have the Hawks in this game all day.
Rosewater on the other hand also have class class class all over the deck. Chad Williams and Dylan Frank are two of the classiest midfielders in the comp, but rotation is everything at this time of the year and Cross and Pawson have missed too much footy to be in the final lineup, unless the coach is desperate. Rosewater also have forward fire power but the interest will be in Shaun Jacobsen. He is a quality defender but when he goes to centre half forward he has had bags of 5,3,7 and 4. He plays the role really well and the Hawks will need to watch where he starts and where
he goes.
In the end it will come down to the team that believes they should be in Div 5 so...... West Croydon by 10 to 20 points.

In the ressies, Lockleys have the class and will win by plenty.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Arch44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Gee don't dwell on the reserves for too long.
PG I'm sure you can still give a detailed ressies preview?
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Yank Man » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Arch44 wrote:Gee don't dwell on the reserves for too long.

Hahaha, sorry Arch but I didn't want to remind everyone that they have beaten you by over 50 points both times you have met this year. Good luck though you have done a mighty job with them to date. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Arch44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:34 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Hahaha, sorry Arch but I didn't want to remind everyone that they have beaten you by over 50 points both times you have met this year. Good luck though you have done a mighty job with them to date. :)

That's ok mate remind away. We are quietly confident and cheers.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:53 pm

Yank Man wrote:Here we go PG, Prelim Final day at Fawk Reserve

Two really good teams going toe to toe. Interesting to note that they are even stevens in the the minor round and the only game the Hawks have lost at home this year is to Rosewater, so for me their is no real home advantage. Only 15 points separate them. West Croydon have the 'nude nuts' up forward in McKinnon and Stubberfield along with Wiles as the 'crumber' and at times the actual go to, so that gives them potent fire power up forward. Underrated ruckman in Nick Symonds will have his work cut out controlling the man mountain in Schar and it seems the 'Cat' also got hold of him last Saturday. Big game for him but he is a real competitor and expect him to give his all this week. The class of Cooper, Francis, Symons and the Freemans around the ground will have the Hawks in this game all day.
Rosewater on the other hand also have class class class all over the deck. Chad Williams and Dylan Frank are two of the classiest midfielders in the comp, but rotation is everything at this time of the year and Cross and Pawson have missed too much footy to be in the final lineup, unless the coach is desperate. Rosewater also have forward fire power but the interest will be in Shaun Jacobsen. He is a quality defender but when he goes to centre half forward he has had bags of 5,3,7 and 4. He plays the role really well and the Hawks will need to watch where he starts and where
he goes.
In the end it will come down to the team that believes they should be in Div 5 so...... West Croydon by 10 to 20 points.

Yes watch out for the 3rd Williams brother Chad
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

he goes.

Yes watch out for the 3rd Williams brother Chad

could there be a huge inclusion this week for Rosies?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Yank Man wrote:

I wouldn't be underestimating West Croydon in the Reserves, and I believe they are capable of beating Lockleys.

In both games Ingle Farm lost this season, they got the jump and were over run in the last quarter to lose by a goal, a couple of things I noticed on both occasions:
*The support West Croydon received from their spectators was significant, and the noise they created during their momentum swing was far greater than Lockleys and I believe it contributed to giving their players an added boost it needed. At home this week, it could be a crucial factor.
*Lockleys have a far more potent forward line, but their persistence to look to their key forwards more often than not could hurt them, where as West Croydon have a number of players capable of pushing forward from their midfield.
*West Croydon's straight kicking won them the game from no where, Lockleys inaccuracy almost cost them.
*There is one player who is the key to this match for West Croydon, a player who I wouldn't be surprised if he won the medal tonight. It's no surprise that after being tagged for 3/4's, in the last quarter he was able to break free of that tag and rip Ingle Farm apart. I wont name the player though.
*Lockleys play a simplisitc style of football, and have a good number of runners culminating in strong targets up forward, but they open themselves up to be exposed on the rebound, and on the occasions we have met them, allowed our key ball users and runners to have space and freedom.
*West Croydons pressure and tackling was better than Lockleys.
*West Croydon never gave up on the weekend, despite Ingle Farm controlling the game for most the day.

The down side to West Croydon this week, is Lockleys wont be as lazy through the midfield and they wont have the luxury of the opposition ruckman putting it down their mids throats all day. Feltus dominated the ruck last Saturday but the Ingle Farm mids were poor and West Croydon won almost all clearances.

West Croydon most certainly can win this match, but it wont be easy by any means, and they'll need to play 4 quarters like they did the last quarter Saturday.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby morell » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Nah, Lockleys in a canter, sorry Arch.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Arch44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:00 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

I wouldn't be underestimating West Croydon in the Reserves, and I believe they are capable of beating Lockleys.

In both games Ingle Farm lost this season, they got the jump and were over run in the last quarter to lose by a goal, a couple of things I noticed on both occasions:
*The support West Croydon received from their spectators was significant, and the noise they created during their momentum swing was far greater than Lockleys and I believe it contributed to giving their players an added boost it needed. At home this week, it could be a crucial factor.
*Lockleys have a far more potent forward line, but their persistence to look to their key forwards more often than not could hurt them, where as West Croydon have a number of players capable of pushing forward from their midfield.
*West Croydon's straight kicking won them the game from no where, Lockleys inaccuracy almost cost them.
*There is one player who is the key to this match for West Croydon, a player who I wouldn't be surprised if he won the medal tonight. It's no surprise that after being tagged for 3/4's, in the last quarter he was able to break free of that tag and rip Ingle Farm apart. I wont name the player though.
*Lockleys play a simplisitc style of football, and have a good number of runners culminating in strong targets up forward, but they open themselves up to be exposed on the rebound, and on the occasions we have met them, allowed our key ball users and runners to have space and freedom.
*West Croydons pressure and tackling was better than Lockleys.
*West Croydon never gave up on the weekend, despite Ingle Farm controlling the game for most the day.

The down side to West Croydon this week, is Lockleys wont be as lazy through the midfield and they wont have the luxury of the opposition ruckman putting it down their mids throats all day. Feltus dominated the ruck last Saturday but the Ingle Farm mids were poor and West Croydon won almost all clearances.

West Croydon most certainly can win this match, but it wont be easy by any means, and they'll need to play 4 quarters like they did the last quarter Saturday.

Ah that's better. :lol:
I have heard that the Lockleys Full Forward broke his leg last week, which you don't wish on anyone of course. Pretty sure he kicked 6 on us last time.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:40 pm

he goes.

My 2 cents worth on West Croydon v Rosewater
Rosewater forward line is very dangerous. Last week and I believe the week before Jacobsen played Full Forward with Nick Williams playing up the ground, even sometimes floating around half back. Jacobsen is the key target and they give him plenty of space to lead into. If he gets any sort of delivery he is very difficult to stop. Williams always a threat and Schar drifting forward also creates problems. The big question is whether it can get enough supply to kick a winning score. I'm not convinced about Rosewater's midfield. Williams and Frank are definitely hard at it and quality players, but I think they may be found wanting for speed against West Croydon's fleet of midfielders who I believe will have the edge in fitness and leg speed. The exception for Rosewater is Taheny who is quick and played very well last week. West Croydon midfield to prevail and go through. Should be great contest.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

he goes.

My 2 cents worth on West Croydon v Rosewater
Rosewater forward line is very dangerous. Last week and I believe the week before Jacobsen played Full Forward with Nick Williams playing up the ground, even sometimes floating around half back. Jacobsen is the key target and they give him plenty of space to lead into. If he gets any sort of delivery he is very difficult to stop. Williams always a threat and Schar drifting forward also creates problems. The big question is whether it can get enough supply to kick a winning score. I'm not convinced about Rosewater's midfield. Williams and Frank are definitely hard at it and quality players, but I think they may be found wanting for speed against West Croydon's fleet of midfielders who I believe will have the edge in fitness and leg speed. The exception for Rosewater is Taheny who is quick and played very well last week. West Croydon midfield to prevail and go through. Should be great contest.

I meant Jake of course, my bad. But you all knew that. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League