2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9

Postby SimonH » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:00 am

jackpot jim wrote:So to ALL the so called Norwood supporters that were scathing in their criticism of the club as well as Ben Warren when he was surprisingly named as coach late last year, what do you guys have to say now? I'm really interested to hear ?
Wow, jackpot jim, interesting timing. I can only hope that you're a Pahhhhhr insider and have the advance skinny on the result of the game today. 'Cos I'm guessing that there's a tiny chance that Norwood fans might wait for the final siren on the biggest game of his coaching career to date, before posting their "Ben Warren is the best/worst coaching appointment of all time" opinions.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby SANFLnut » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:18 am

I make it that Aaron Young and Jarman Impey are the players that are able to play this week because the Power are still in, but would otherwise it have qualified. If AFL side lost this week or next, these two would be done and not able to be replaced by anyone that played in a losing elimination final at AFL level.
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby kickinit » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:22 am

There only 2 players that have qualified for SANFL that are in the AFL Andrew Moore and Jake Neade
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:34 am

Wow, isn't this thread going off!!!
The Power, The Port, The total prostitution!
The Passion.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby leggies » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:32 am

"THE FUTURE"
leggies
Under 16s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:12 am

That moment when you think you've achieved something only to realise it was against a Reserves team whose priority was very different to yours.

Hopefully they can beat, or lose, to South in the Grand Final so there is some semblance of achievement, or loss.

Well done though to Norwood, for doing all that you could do.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:39 am

CUTTERMAN wrote:Wow, isn't this thread going off!!!
The Power, The Port, The total prostitution!
The Passion.

The Mothballs.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:40 am

Aerie wrote:That moment when you think you've achieved something only to realise it was against a Reserves team whose priority was very different to yours.

Hopefully they can beat, or lose, to South in the Grand Final so there is some semblance of achievement, or loss.

Well done though to Norwood, for doing all that you could do.

Yeah, you'd be spewing if it was the Eagles LOL.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Mic » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:41 am

Both teams would be happy about yesterday's game as their number 1 priorities were reached. Norwood got one step closer to a SANFL premiership, and the Power reserves gave their players a decent run in preparation for their AFL team possibly playing in the finals next week.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:04 am

Mic wrote:Both teams would be happy about yesterday's game as their number 1 priorities were reached. Norwood got one step closer to a SANFL premiership, and the Power reserves gave their players a decent run in preparation for their AFL team possibly playing in the finals next week.

Port would be disappointed then, probably only 1 or 2 that would even be close to AFL selection. Newton and Young were the only two who looked to be trying.
Logan is shot and I didnt even realise Impey was playing, barely got a touch.
One team played for their jumper whilst one team played for their over inflated pay cheques. Travesty to see guys running around in the SANFL with more talent in their little toe than what most of the Port spuds have
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby fester69 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:11 am

jackpot jim wrote:So to ALL the so called Norwood supporters that were scathing in their criticism of the club as well as Ben Warren when he was surprisingly named as coach late last year, what do you guys have to say now? I'm really interested to hear ?

I'd like to know as well, because I can't remember any scathing comments, maybe a few rumblings.
Can you post some examples, or just making it up?
fester69
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:16 am

fester69 wrote:

I'd like to know as well, because I can't remember any scathing comments, maybe a few rumblings.

Same, there were a few such as myself who were unsure of an inexperienced coach but was happy we kept it internal but I cant recall any scathing comments.
Ben has done a fantastic job, I honestly didnt believe we could make a GF after losing so many players off season, would be an amazing effort to claim 3 in a row
Jim05
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:42 am

Jim05 wrote:
fester69 wrote:

Same, there were a few such as myself who were unsure of an inexperienced coach but was happy we kept it internal but I cant recall any scathing comments.
Ben has done a fantastic job, I honestly didnt believe we could make a GF after losing so many players off season, would be an amazing effort to claim 3 in a row

Yeah same, was more than happy with Dugga's appointment, but didn't hold a lot of hope for this season with the player losses we suffered. Still not sure how we've managed to do it. Obviously be great to go all the way but I really didn't expect us to get this far.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby SDK » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:52 am

There were many surprised at Dugga's appointment but personally I never heard anyone opposed to it.
I think we play a more attacking game under Ben but still maintain that trademark pressure.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby mal » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:27 pm

fester69 wrote:

There have been some posts having a crack at Norwoods game style in 2014
There have been some posts questioning whether Warren was an accredited coach
Both coach and team have had negative postings
As is the nature of forums the negation and rumblings mainly occur when the team is performing below its best
Norwood were under performing earlier in the season that's when Benny and Legs were copping it

I have barracked for the legs for almost half a century
I'm not sure I've seen a Norwood coach who has performed as well as Ben with the list he had inherited
Following Bassett , and then with a dozen + players missing from the 2013 flag team , he has done the club proud

Considering Jackpot Jim is a Port supPORTer , his post comes across as someone who appreciates the efforts of Ben Warren
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:42 pm

Any highlights of this game on the internet or anywhere?
Jim05
Coach

Postby DOC » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:13 am

Eventually it will be on the plus seven web site.

On Mondays the SANFL has a show called the recovery session and it should be on there.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL