SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

Postby carey » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:10 am

old farmer wrote:My opinion of FC is purely as a person and not as a mod..... And I won't hide behind my keyboard when we do cross paths. Her and her boyfriend Carey are too quick to have a dig at IF and I will tell them politely when I see them

Happy to meet you any time ya smart ass. What have said about ingle farm?

Maybe watch ya mouth. I'm more than happy for you to tell me to my face which I highly doubt you will.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:45 am

Righto mate settle down lol, no need to be getting excited about things..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:47 pm

This Daniel Pilgram-Lynch must be one hell of a player to poll votes in 14 of 18 games in a side that only won 6 games :shock:

6x 3 votes
7x 2 votes
1x 1 votes
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby old farmer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:38 pm

now that is a threat of violence FC, just thought I'd drag one out for you to see. ;)
Wheres that fishing Smilie
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby old farmer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:54 pm

I see a good day was had by all at the races yesterday :lol:
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:02 pm

old farmer wrote:now that is a threat of violence FC, just thought I'd drag one out for you to see. ;)
Wheres that fishing Smilie

image.jpg
image.jpg (12.32 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Informer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:00 pm

X Runna wrote:
carey wrote:
Cougar wrote:Football royalty was on show at the Mawson Lakes V Pooraka match with Shaun Holland in attendance. Would like his thoughts on how the 57 year old Grandpa went for ML as well as that Henderson bloke? And how does think both will go in the State Over 55s team this year with the Super Fools Carnival held in SA?

I thought the Highlight was a bloke from Pooraka coming up and asking if we knew Shaun Holland lol :lol:

Old man Pearce went alright so did Wags can see Mawsons doing some damage in the business end of the year.

Not a hope Carey.........

Thanks for the inspiration, good bunch of blokes on the field today from Ingle Farm and represented there club well, was a good game to play in
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:48 pm

Hendo you are a bloody ball magnet! Do you stink or something? The space you managed to find all day was crazy!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby X Runna » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:49 pm

The_Informer wrote:
X Runna wrote:
carey wrote:
Cougar wrote:Football royalty was on show at the Mawson Lakes V Pooraka match with Shaun Holland in attendance. Would like his thoughts on how the 57 year old Grandpa went for ML as well as that Henderson bloke? And how does think both will go in the State Over 55s team this year with the Super Fools Carnival held in SA?

I thought the Highlight was a bloke from Pooraka coming up and asking if we knew Shaun Holland lol :lol:

Old man Pearce went alright so did Wags can see Mawsons doing some damage in the business end of the year.

Not a hope Carey.........

Thanks for the inspiration, good bunch of blokes on the field today from Ingle Farm and represented there club well, was a good game to play in

Yeah my bad, I thought Carey was talking about their C Grade side
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby The Informer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Hendo you are a bloody ball magnet! Do you stink or something? The space you managed to find all day was crazy!

Thanks pal, your guys were a good bunch of guys to play against, to still be having fun out there at 43 is great. I think we have at least four guys over 40 and one over 50 lol
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:24 pm

43? Wow, you're old ;) *runs*
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:51 am

Some interesting banter on Facebook over night.. Seems no love lost between Ingle Farm and Mawson Lakes.. Cam Stinear from Mawson Lakes has managed to fire things up and somehow managed to get Central United and Salisbury West involved and offside :lol:

I thought I was a keyboard warrior, but this young fella takes the cake! :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby 2old2slow » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:40 am

watching the game on saturday i think the farm boys should have focused more on the game than who they were playing. i can not believe they let number 6 run so free. pg who wins next week?
2old2slow
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:43 am

2old2slow wrote:watching the game on saturday i think the farm boys should have focused more on the game than who they were playing. i can not believe they let number 6 run so free. pg who wins next week?

Hmm interesting observation. I thought Ingle Farm had some key passages of play but weren't clean enough with their skills to capitilise on the opportunities they created.

Mawson Lakes have good depth, it's difficult at times to combat. It's easy to say a tag should've been sent to Slotgraaf, but the coaching staff elected to send someone to O'Gorman instead given he is a very influential player also, so you can't really afford to have two blokes doing run with roles in the midfield - at some stage you need to try and have faith in your own ball winners to get their share.

It is C grade footy as well, and at times the communication between players fell away which allowed Lakes players to find a lot of space. Very fit bunch of lads for a C4 team, and their run over 4 quarters in that heat was impressive.

Some very smart footballers - Hendo for instance - I lost count of the times he managed to drift inside 50 and become a target directly in front. Also the ruckman - didn't think much of him in the ruck, but very impressive ability to get around the ground, read the play and position himself in good places.

Difficult game to pick this week, but given what i've seen over the past couple of weeks, I think TOS are defintely the best equipped to beat Mawson Lakes, and I'm going to back them in to get the job done.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Riddler » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:13 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
2old2slow wrote:watching the game on saturday i think the farm boys should have focused more on the game than who they were playing. i can not believe they let number 6 run so free. pg who wins next week?

Hmm interesting observation. I thought Ingle Farm had some key passages of play but weren't clean enough with their skills to capitilise on the opportunities they created.

Mawson Lakes have good depth, it's difficult at times to combat. It's easy to say a tag should've been sent to Slotgraaf, but the coaching staff elected to send someone to O'Gorman instead given he is a very influential player also, so you can't really afford to have two blokes doing run with roles in the midfield - at some stage you need to try and have faith in your own ball winners to get their share.

It is C grade footy as well, and at times the communication between players fell away which allowed Lakes players to find a lot of space. Very fit bunch of lads for a C4 team, and their run over 4 quarters in that heat was impressive.

Some very smart footballers - Hendo for instance - I lost count of the times he managed to drift inside 50 and become a target directly in front. Also the ruckman - didn't think much of him in the ruck, but very impressive ability to get around the ground, read the play and position himself in good places.

Difficult game to pick this week, but given what i've seen over the past couple of weeks, I think TOS are defintely the best equipped to beat Mawson Lakes, and I'm going to back them in to get the job done.

Phantom = [-o<
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:25 am

Couldn't care less mate.. cricket season now :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby beeroclock » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:36 am

Footy Chick wrote:I have not ever to my knowledge had a dig at Ingle Farm the club - only you 3 because of your behaviour on this forum.

I, on the other hand, could give you plenty of examples where you and beer o'clock have singled me out and had unwarranted cracks at the Valley which were out of the blue and nothing to do with you or your club.

For example, where was all your bitching about other clubs charging parking for cars on the weekend? TTG? DId you ask if BigDaddy was getting charged to get in?

Show me an example where I have said something derogatory against Ingle Farm as a club.

Hey FC.
I haven't singled out your club regarding car parking fees on its own.
I said all clubs that do it are taking advantage of having a fence.
Wasn't a personal dig it's just a fact.
I've got respect for H/V,been around for ages.
Let's not make stories up please.
I actually only tell the truth.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby giffo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Congratulations to Mawson Lakes on their fine efforts in making the C4 Grand Final by winning every final game by 10 goals after only winning 10 games in the regular season (one was a forfeit) and twice having to forfeit themselves, strangely enough against Lockleys & Ingle Farm. Fantastic turn around =D>
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby tkr » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:45 pm

So of the 16 games we played in we won 10 (including a forfeit).
We won 1 and lost 1 to Rosewater during the season.
The 2 games against TOS (who are also in the GF) we lost both by 15 points and 3 points.
We finished 4 games clear of 6th position.
Not a bad effort for the year.

Also I think it has been explained previously that the forfeits we had was because of injuries to our playing list.

Oh and don't forget our B grade also made the finals!
Last edited by tkr on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby X Runna » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:46 pm

giffo wrote:Congratulations to Mawson Lakes on their fine efforts in making the C4 Grand Final by winning every final game by 10 goals after only winning 10 games in the regular season (one was a forfeit) and twice having to forfeit themselves, strangely enough against Lockleys & Ingle Farm. Fantastic turn around =D>

No accolades there....
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League