Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby oxa » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:51 pm

The young fella from porties is still in hospital and will require a couple of ops on eye socket and face. May also have a blood clot behind his eye. All the best to him and his wife in what I would say will be hard few weeks
oxa

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby fiftympenalty » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:26 pm

The damage that this has done to the victim is inexcusable. At the end of the day footy is still a game but theres still so many players out there willing to inflict permanent damage to any of their opponents, and for what?

Have heard many reports of the incident from both sides and it is an absolute disgrace. If a free kick arises due to an infringement on the rules then so be it. But to be a hero like the coward was that punched the cockledivers player is so bloody weak and doesn't just deserve a trip to the tribunal but if the damage to the victim is as bad as I am hearing he should be facing some form of criminal offence charge, otherwise actions like this wont ever be stamped out of the game. Players seem to think that because they are doing something on the footy field its not a criminal offence, when really if someone has been damaged as severely as the victim was as a result of a cheap and cowardly act then it doesn't matter where the incident occurs, it is still assault

Im sure Im not the only one that feels this strongly about it because its rubbish like this that ruins the game. OK, yes its finals and yes it is a competition taken fairly seriously, but at the end of the day youre playing borderline country football and if I was the person who'd dished out the ridiculous hit, I would be ashamed of myself. Although I have said that the incident is a matter for the justice system, I still believe the league should ban this hero for life and take a stance because we don't need players like that in the game. Definition of a loser
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:50 am

oxa wrote:The young fella from porties is still in hospital and will require a couple of ops on eye socket and face. May also have a blood clot behind his eye. All the best to him and his wife in what I would say will be hard few weeks

All the best to the young lad.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby vics01 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:15 pm

I am sure the family club will get on the front foot and deal with it??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:05 pm

Allegedly of course.

Onto the footy the golden point rule was interesting in the U18's on the weekend, by pure luck M/Vale kicked with the strong wind in extra time and scored the point that won them the game.

This can;t be the fairest way to decide a final.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Give the full story Dutchy. Both sides had 5 minutes each way and because the scores were still tied at the end of the 2nd five minute period the game continued with the siren sounding when the next score occurred which was Morphett Vale. Yes they had the breeze in the second 5 minute period which was to their advantage but that also means that FH had first use of the breeze at the start of the game and in the first period of extra time which was probably to their advantage. Morphett Vale was also the only team to kick a goal into the breeze during the whole match so maybe they deserved to win anyway. So unless you want a ridiculous penalty shoot out like soccer then I can't see how anyone can complain about the eventual winner and the extra time system.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Give the full story Dutchy. Both sides had 5 minutes each way and because the scores were still tied at the end of the 2nd five minute period the game continued with the siren sounding when the next score occurred which was Morphett Vale. Yes they had the breeze in the second 5 minute period which was to their advantage but that also means that FH had first use of the breeze at the start of the game and in the first period of extra time which was probably to their advantage. Morphett Vale was also the only team to kick a goal into the breeze during the whole match so maybe they deserved to win anyway. So unless you want a ridiculous penalty shoot out like soccer then I can't see how anyone can complain about the eventual winner and the extra time system.

Surely it would be better to run another set of 5 each way considering the stakes. Silly rule which is more about expediency than credibility of the result.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby King » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:20 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Give the full story Dutchy. Both sides had 5 minutes each way and because the scores were still tied at the end of the 2nd five minute period the game continued with the siren sounding when the next score occurred which was Morphett Vale. Yes they had the breeze in the second 5 minute period which was to their advantage but that also means that FH had first use of the breeze at the start of the game and in the first period of extra time which was probably to their advantage. Morphett Vale was also the only team to kick a goal into the breeze during the whole match so maybe they deserved to win anyway. So unless you want a ridiculous penalty shoot out like soccer then I can't see how anyone can complain about the eventual winner and the extra time system.

Surely it would be better to run another set of 5 each way considering the stakes. Silly rule which is more about expediency than credibility of the result.

It was quite an amazing end to the match. As previously stated all tied up at the end of the game. Then all tied up at the end of extra time. Just as a side line here, the rules state there will be a 3 minute break between the two extra five minute halves. Not on Saturday! President Warman overruled the rules and ordered immediate continuation of play!!!! Not sure of his power to do that but that's what happened. Then in extra extra time we saw the ball go from end to end with Flaggies having a number of opportunities to win against the gale but coming up short. In the end, and I believe it was about seven minutes of extra extra time the Flaggies ruck man knocked the ball through for a rushed behind which gave the emus a win. However prior to this a young emu had the chance to win the game from 6 foot out and kicked into the man on the mark. It was truly a remarkable end (especially considering the B grade were then warming up for about an hour!!!)
King
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

You would argue that the sky wasn't blue LGIL. In all our grades with no time on there are all sorts of nuances (that word beats your expediency) with how long it takes to bring a ball back into play after a goal, behind or out of bounds that can either advantage or disadvantage a team that is kicking with the wind so any 1 point margin whether in extra time or not could be compromised by circumstances.

But what a finals campaign for the Emus 18s to date. A 1 point win when an ambulance was called in the last qtr and denying Reynella the last 15 mins of the game with the breeze and now the extra time golden score.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Well I wasnt there so didn't know the full story other than MV seemed to be lucky to get the rub of the green with the rules, maybe at the end of Extra Time if tied simply the higher team progresses?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:02 pm

fiftympenalty wrote:The damage that this has done to the victim is inexcusable. At the end of the day footy is still a game but theres still so many players out there willing to inflict permanent damage to any of their opponents, and for what?

Have heard many reports of the incident from both sides and it is an absolute disgrace. If a free kick arises due to an infringement on the rules then so be it. But to be a hero like the coward was that punched the cockledivers player is so bloody weak and doesn't just deserve a trip to the tribunal but if the damage to the victim is as bad as I am hearing he should be facing some form of criminal offence charge, otherwise actions like this wont ever be stamped out of the game. Players seem to think that because they are doing something on the footy field its not a criminal offence, when really if someone has been damaged as severely as the victim was as a result of a cheap and cowardly act then it doesn't matter where the incident occurs, it is still assault

Im sure Im not the only one that feels this strongly about it because its rubbish like this that ruins the game. OK, yes its finals and yes it is a competition taken fairly seriously, but at the end of the day youre playing borderline country football and if I was the person who'd dished out the ridiculous hit, I would be ashamed of myself. Although I have said that the incident is a matter for the justice system, I still believe the league should ban this hero for life and take a stance because we don't need players like that in the game. Definition of a loser

A noticebly absence of comments from bushpig posters. I wonder if they would call for blood if roles were reversed.....
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby spot on » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:18 pm

Not a bad effort by the Emus, they have all 5 grades in the Prelim finals on the weekend.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:27 pm

What do you want us to say EV?

Nobody likes to see or hear about a player seriously injured playing sport.
I was on far side of oval so didn't see it happen, just the player being assisted off.

Nobody from Flaggies defended our player on the day, or in here
It happened down the far end away from the majority of spectators. As posters can't give any further info, we aren't really in a position to say anything worthwhile.

Once the outcome of the tribunal is known, and our delegate provides information to them, the club will respond to our members.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:35 pm

Have we heard an outcome of the tribunal hearing yet?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Numbers » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:39 pm

The piss weak coward only got 5 games!

Not enough considering the victim will never play again! Has to retire from contact sport at 26 & will likely be vision impaired for life effecting he's ability to earn an income.

Poor form also from the culprit referring to himself as Rocky!
Numbers
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:46 pm

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:What do you want us to say EV?

I was on far side of oval so didn't see it happen, just the player being assisted off.

It happened down the far end away from the majority of spectators. As posters can't give any further info, we aren't really in a position to say anything worthwhile.

Once the outcome of the tribunal is known, and our delegate provides information to them, the club will respond to our members.

outcome is now known. Looking forward to you response
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:14 am

Numbers wrote:The piss weak coward only got 5 games!

Not enough considering the victim will never play again! Has to retire from contact sport at 26 & will likely be vision impaired for life effecting he's ability to earn an income.

Poor form also from the culprit referring to himself as Rocky!

More like Sugar Ray-
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby shoe boy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:04 am

It was quite an amazing end to the match. As previously stated all tied up at the end of the game. Then all tied up at the end of extra time. Just as a side line here, the rules state there will be a 3 minute break between the two extra five minute halves. Not on Saturday! President Warman overruled the rules and ordered immediate continuation of play!!!! Not sure of his power to do that but that's what happened. Then in extra extra time we saw the ball go from end to end with Flaggies having a number of opportunities to win against the gale but coming up short. In the end, and I believe it was about seven minutes of extra extra time the Flaggies ruck man knocked the ball through for a rushed behind which gave the emus a win. However prior to this a young emu had the chance to win the game from 6 foot out and kicked into the man on the mark. It was truly a remarkable end (especially considering the B grade were then warming up for about an hour!!!)[/quote]

Correct king the final 7 minutes end to end culminating with the Flaggies lad double fist for a point! WTF
And young Glazbrook missing from point blank kicking into the man !WTF
As for the young Porties lad he has an op today where 3 plates and possible bone from a rib to be implanted , The lads farther is from the Shoe and informed me of this last night and also the lad never to play again.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Keyser Soze » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:15 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:What do you want us to say EV?

Once the outcome of the tribunal is known, and our delegate provides information to them, the club will respond to our members.[/

outcome is now known. Looking forward to you response

Get off your high horse EV :roll:
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Oldman Munga » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:19 am

So cave a blokes eye socket in ? And cop 5 weeks ? Surely someone is taking the piss here ?
I hope the courts show more BALLS than the tribunual has on this matter
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL