SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby giffo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:26 pm

PG is only saying what a few others are thinking re Mawson Lakes fine efforts in making the C4 Grand Final by winning every final game by 10 goals after only winning 10 games in the regular season (one was a forfeit) and twice having to forfeit themselves, strangely enough against Lockleys & Ingle Farm. Fantastic turn around =D>
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:30 pm

A perfect topic for the C4 thread
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:47 pm

^^^ WHAT HE SAID
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Riddler » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:19 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
Has the Riddler suddenly remembered the passwords to all his accounts? ;)

Excuse me? :shock: ^#(^
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby giffo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Finals at Price Memorial Oval.
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby X Runna » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:47 pm

giffo wrote:Finals at Price Memorial Oval.

Excuse my ignorance, whose ground is that?
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:49 pm

X Runna wrote:

Mitcham I think?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:40 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
X Runna wrote:

Mitcham I think?

Yep Mitcham PG.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wassprinttospace » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:41 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
wassprinttospace wrote:
A good spread of finals experience in the BOS group mighty but i reckon if there was a finals tally Rosewater may have us covered.

The totals in the end won't matter it will just boil down very simply to staying composed, play the game like they have for the previous 19 weeks and get your hands on the Sherrin more often than your opponent. More goals and points than the opposition should get the job done.

Maybe but I meant GF experience, I'm just judging this on the fact Rosewater haven't played in an A grade GF for a long time. Bos have only missed the finals once in there existence haven't they Sprint? I reckon BOS have the covered in finals experience as well ;)

Where's the GF likely to be? I'll have to bring out my number 63 premiership guernsey for the occasion this week :lol:

correct mighty.
there's a few still playing from the '07 premiership v golden grove, 1 from the back to back '06/'07 flags and they've pretty well played all the finals since then as well so enough experience to hold us in good stead. there's a few other guys who have played at different clubs in finals as well.
look forward to catching up with you on saturday.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby carey » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:57 pm

Div 6 thread giving us plenty! Nice.....
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Yank Man » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
X Runna wrote:

Mitcham I think?

Yes the mighty Mitcham Hawks home ground. Hope it doesn't rain or you will need your flippers. Nice surrounds but crap deck unless the cricket curator has worked some magic. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Bigshow82 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Am I correct that the BOS coach was last year's Mitcham coach? Would know the ground well if so.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Milly » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:33 am

Is it just me, but is madness sending Trinity OS, Mawson Lakes, Rosewater, Lockley's and BOS to Mitcham???? :shock: Hardly geographically favourable for any of those clubs, and any 50-50 supporter asked to go to Mitcham to fork out whatever it is at the gate are going to say 'No thanks'. Good work SAAFL for killing off any chance of there being a bumper crowd there, particularly with the dry weather forecast :evil:
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Arch44 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:05 am

Milly wrote:Is it just me, but is madness sending Trinity OS, Mawson Lakes, Rosewater, Lockley's and BOS to Mitcham???? :shock: Hardly geographically favourable for any of those clubs, and any 50-50 supporter asked to go to Mitcham to fork out whatever it is at the gate are going to say 'No thanks'. Good work SAAFL for killing off any chance of there being a bumper crowd there, particularly with the dry weather forecast :evil:

Agree this makes no sense. I was going to go as a neutral thinking it would be this side of town which would make sense, but not across town.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby HawkieRanger » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:01 am

Yank Man wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
X Runna wrote:

Mitcham I think?

Yes the mighty Mitcham Hawks home ground. Hope it doesn't rain or you will need your flippers. Nice surrounds but crap deck unless the cricket curator has worked some magic. :D

Oval is in pretty good condition this year, drainage on the western wing has helped a lot. Oval hasn't seen much action the last few weeks so plenty of time to recover. Should be a treat for Saturday.
HawkieRanger
Rookie

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby Boosh » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:21 am

Arch44 wrote:
Milly wrote:Is it just me, but is madness sending Trinity OS, Mawson Lakes, Rosewater, Lockley's and BOS to Mitcham???? :shock: Hardly geographically favourable for any of those clubs, and any 50-50 supporter asked to go to Mitcham to fork out whatever it is at the gate are going to say 'No thanks'. Good work SAAFL for killing off any chance of there being a bumper crowd there, particularly with the dry weather forecast :evil:

Agree this makes no sense. I was going to go as a neutral thinking it would be this side of town which would make sense, but not across town.

My understanding is geography doesn't come into it
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:41 am

Boosh wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

if you are a true supporter of your club, you will be at the grand final no matter where it is being played
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Arch44 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:43 am

Bluedemon wrote:
Boosh wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

if you are a true supporter of your club, you will be at the grand final no matter where it is being played

Of course?! But my club isn't.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Travelling that bit of extra distance does deter the brain dead rock apes who go to these games to fill up on piss that they smuggle in and cause issues later in the day. Don't want to sound too harsh but these imbeciles have made a habit of rocking up to venues in recent times and if you schedule finals out North you can bet your bottom $ they will show up again. Now if there are some on here who are generally good folk who won't travel it's then a pretty good chance they won't either....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:36 pm

Boosh wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

By the sounds of it, it has all come down to geography. They seem to be trying to keep the riff-raff away by not holding the games near the northern suburbs. The Old Scholars Bloc are at it again, looking down their nose at their lower socio-economic peers.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League