The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:59 am

'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2953
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:50 pm
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby LPH » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:24 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:It was also mentioned that the head of AFL Victoria can basically over rule any player eligibility rules in the VFL.
Seriously.

On another note, driving down Port Road this morning on my way to work, I saw a car with a 2014 Port Power membership and a 2014 Port Magpies membership sticker. I thought, why would you bother to become a Port Magpies member? How long until they get rid of a choice? I give it two years at most.


I thought it was One Club


Perhaps it was originally one sticker but the owner "tore it apart"? ;)
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
User avatar
LPH
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 2455
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Craven Cottage
Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 325 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:49 pm

Lol and people still have the nerve to call the no afl in SANFL a tin foil hat argument.

The AFL have become the USA the self appointed ruler of Australian Rules Football. They use their money and power to intimidate and defend any alterior motive

No wonder Australian Rules Football has become dead to me and I'm more interested in English football and the NFL despite only getting to see 0.1% of it live.

Maybe one day we will see a breakaway national 'state league' comp
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 19360
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 2688 times
Been liked: 1183 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:51 pm

whufc wrote:Lol and people still have the nerve to call the no afl in SANFL a tin foil hat argument.

The AFL have become the USA the self appointed ruler of Australian Rules Football. They use their money and power to intimidate and defend any alterior motive

No wonder Australian Rules Football has become dead to me and I'm more interested in English football and the NFL despite only getting to see 0.1% of it live.

Maybe one day we will see a breakaway national 'state league' comp


You can't talk about integrity and fairness and then follow the EPL! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42710
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3907 times
Been liked: 6691 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:51 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:It was also mentioned that the head of AFL Victoria can basically over rule any player eligibility rules in the VFL.
Seriously.

On another note, driving down Port Road this morning on my way to work, I saw a car with a 2014 Port Power membership and a 2014 Port Magpies membership sticker. I thought, why would you bother to become a Port Magpies member? How long until they get rid of a choice? I give it two years at most.


I love your level of obsession. :D
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42710
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3907 times
Been liked: 6691 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:Lol and people still have the nerve to call the no afl in SANFL a tin foil hat argument.

The AFL have become the USA the self appointed ruler of Australian Rules Football. They use their money and power to intimidate and defend any alterior motive

No wonder Australian Rules Football has become dead to me and I'm more interested in English football and the NFL despite only getting to see 0.1% of it live.

Maybe one day we will see a breakaway national 'state league' comp


You can't talk about integrity and fairness and then follow the EPL! :lol:


They have one set of rules, every club is open to do the same thing.

i find it a fairer system than one that manipulates everything to try and make the comp fair at the disadvantage to clubs who promote and run better businesses

My club West Ham is the perfect example, we have billion of chances to grow but have found away to stuff it up every time and deserve any advantages over a club like Man U who created its empire from a great young side and great business sense
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 19360
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 2688 times
Been liked: 1183 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:It was also mentioned that the head of AFL Victoria can basically over rule any player eligibility rules in the VFL.
Seriously.

On another note, driving down Port Road this morning on my way to work, I saw a car with a 2014 Port Power membership and a 2014 Port Magpies membership sticker. I thought, why would you bother to become a Port Magpies member? How long until they get rid of a choice? I give it two years at most.


I love your level of obsession. :D

I could say "Like a moth to a dunny light left on". Or "and like clockwork".
But only an idiot flog would bother.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2953
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:50 pm
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:36 pm

I'm sure KY and The Kock will be pushing for the salary cap and other equalisation policies to be removed in the AFL, it's not like they would ever say one thing and mean another when it suits them.
Maybe Little Micky is already working on it on their behalf.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2953
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:50 pm
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:40 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:
Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:It was also mentioned that the head of AFL Victoria can basically over rule any player eligibility rules in the VFL.
Seriously.

On another note, driving down Port Road this morning on my way to work, I saw a car with a 2014 Port Power membership and a 2014 Port Magpies membership sticker. I thought, why would you bother to become a Port Magpies member? How long until they get rid of a choice? I give it two years at most.


I love your level of obsession. :D

I could say "Like a moth to a dunny light left on". Or "and like clockwork".
But only an idiot flog would bother.


Idiot flog? =))
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42710
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3907 times
Been liked: 6691 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby dedja » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:50 pm

not sure who's more offended ... the idiots or the flogs
Error - invalid user
dedja
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18747
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:10 pm
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby sjt » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:26 pm

How could the SMA only make $200k out of Adelaide oval?
sjt
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2295
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:26 pm
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:14 pm

sjt wrote:How could the SMA only make $200k out of Adelaide oval?


Kochy has the rest
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 45168
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 7387 times
Been liked: 1923 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby smac » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:16 pm

SMA isn't a profit centre.

And Kochy stopped whinging when it was pointed out he'd sold only 35% of corporate facilities, leading to his club not reaching profit forecasts for Adelaide Oval game day.
smac
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13034
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:19 am
Location: Golden Grove
Has liked: 155 times
Been liked: 201 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby heater31 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 pm

smac wrote:SMA isn't a profit centre.

And Kochy stopped whinging when it was pointed out he'd sold only 35% of corporate facilities, leading to his club not reaching profit forecasts for Adelaide Oval game day.



Thought he was an economics man :roll: :oops:
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15353
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:50 pm

smac wrote:SMA isn't a profit centre.

And Kochy stopped whinging when it was pointed out he'd sold only 35% of corporate facilities, leading to his club not reaching profit forecasts for Adelaide Oval game day.

Never let facts get in the way of drumming up media spin for the masses.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2953
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:50 pm
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Tech1 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:56 pm

Not sure if you guys have heard yet but the Crows are having tryouts for there top up players soon, players must not have played an SANFL game or been on an SANFL list in the past 12 months.

Well there goes any thoughts on restrictions being increased to 2 or 3 years and actually making it harder for loopholes and lessening the chance of quality top up players (which is obviously not needed for these space invaders) once again well done SANFL, now you just have to sit out for a year to play for one of the AFL reserves teams, what a disgrace.

I can only guess the SANFL wont be increasing the salary cap for the eight real SANFL clubs with further funding provided by the invaders either.
Tech1
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:39 pm
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby StrayDog » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:51 am

CUTTERMAN wrote:http://www.williamstownfc.com.au/press-release-finals-eligibility-dispute/
Williamstown Football Club, in this Press Release, wrote:Further, the views of all of the VFL General Managers at a meeting on the 13th of August when finals eligibility was discussed was also never considered and was dismissed as irrelevant. This was despite the fact that the rules relating to eligibility to play in finals would be strictly enforced and no mention was made at any stage of any discretion being exercised by AFL Victoria.

Farcical, that much is obvious.

Williamstown should only need to be worrying about one thing now, and having to fight those that should be overseeing the equity and welfare of their competition isn't it. I just hope trying to get justice doesn't prove to be too much of a distraction for them.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."


- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1079
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: Copping a "feel for the game"
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:27 am

smac wrote:SMA isn't a profit centre.

And Kochy stopped whinging when it was pointed out he'd sold only 35% of corporate facilities, leading to his club not reaching profit forecasts for Adelaide Oval game day.


So 2/3rd's of the corporate facilities were empty? For how long, 2 games, 8 games?

I'd like to see evidence of this. Thanks in advance.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42710
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 3907 times
Been liked: 6691 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:12 am

RB wrote:If anybody knows about the VFL rules, does AFL Victoria have an absolute discretion to waive the qualification rules? If so, is it only while the AFL team are still in the running?

Would also be interested to know what the official line of reasoning from whoever made the decision is. Really can't imagine how it can be justified.

Not sure they're looking for justification. Unfortunately
johntheclaret
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13279
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:39 am
Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby LPH » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:28 am

To be fair, I think smac WOULD know, Booney.
I don't think he's likely to provide "evidence" - confidentiality & all that
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
User avatar
LPH
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 2455
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Craven Cottage
Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 325 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests