River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby biffboy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm

What did Henry do on the weekend? Whispers tonight is that he got reported and given a couple games to miss
biffboy
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby Chester » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:05 am

Can someone please explain the "best 21" policy for finals for me? I am slight confused as I saw a few guys playing B Grade this weekend that I am sure haven't played a Reserves game all year.
Chester
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby biffboy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:54 am

The league lists the top 21 players for the club based on number of games played during the season.

Which players are you talking about? I didn't see bugger all of the game as I was busy helping out with BBQ shed etc but didn't notice anyone I hadn't seen before playing for Jervois, assuming that's the team you are referring too
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Rough » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:59 am

Bit of danger over the following weeks of some opposition players developing an injury called a rick neck caused by looking quickly over their shoulder to see a massive green and gold roo bounding toward them.

BOING BOING BOING.

Be careful of the Roo. He's had a couple huge challenges over the last couple weeks and brushed em aside.
also we have a sensational bowen therapist as our head trainer who can work away on those rick necks for a small fee.
Rough
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:02 pm

Bit going on in the humble league. Brilliant win from our 2s on Saturday and there's a "who cares about the rest" mentality. Wasn't shocked to see Meningie win but to do so without Fenton was a pretty huge effort. Brunoli doesn't look like he's missed a beat. They'll be hard to beat for the remaining two. Yesterdays game was no surprise either. Mypo again choking on the big stage!
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:19 am

Brian Fenton takes out the Mail Medal with 32 votes over Mathew Hodge on 19.
Congrats to Brian he's had an outstanding year.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby P.B » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:55 am

grasshopper22 wrote:Brian Fenton takes out the Mail Medal with 32 votes over Mathew Hodge on 19.
Congrats to Brian he's had an outstanding year.

Only saw Brian once this year which was at Mannum early and he really caught my eye. His running ability was a real standout. Congratulations to Brian
P.B
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby biffboy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:43 pm

32 is an insane amount of votes to get in one season, bloke should be playing AFL. Even Hodge grabbing 19 votes in a side that won 3 games is a bloody good effort, pity he wont be around next year for Jervois.

Muffy still collecting accolades at 39 snapping up 17 votes in 6 games in the Ressies. Man I wish he came to our club in his prime!!!
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:56 pm

biffboy wrote:32 is an insane amount of votes to get in one season, bloke should be playing AFL. Even Hodge grabbing 19 votes in a side that won 3 games is a bloody good effort, pity he wont be around next year for Jervois.

Muffy still collecting accolades at 39 snapping up 17 votes in 6 games in the Ressies. Man I wish he came to our club in his prime!!!

I heard on the wk end that Hodge has recommitted to the Bluds Biff.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:42 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
biffboy wrote:32 is an insane amount of votes to get in one season, bloke should be playing AFL. Even Hodge grabbing 19 votes in a side that won 3 games is a bloody good effort, pity he wont be around next year for Jervois.

I heard on the wk end that Hodge has recommitted to the Bluds Biff.

Hope so for theirs and the comps sake but I have been told different, not exactly a reliable source so you may be correct.
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby The Dictator » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:43 pm

Hodge gone. Mates from SFL said 100%. Been offered ridiculous money in south east. upward of 2k
The Dictator
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Bandit » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:52 am

Mannum by 5 goals tomorrow, just look a better team come finals time.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:49 am

I'm going with the roosters by 9 points, just think they will run over Mannum in the end. Have also heard Bowen is really sore and may not line up, but not sure how true that is.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:20 pm

BOING BOING BOING....all the way back to Adelaide with your massive paychecks!

Whispers around today that Pech & Ribbons to the Barossa, Sheedy & Hall to retire and Bowen & Clayton moving on! Could make for a very tough few seasons coming up for the Roos.
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Rough » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Yep fair call Biff, only that you made me chuckle on a day when I was nursing very sore head while reading your first line, not that the rest of what you said elsewhere is anywhere near confirmed.
Not sure I love footy today as much as I did Saturday morning when I woke up. F****
Rough
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby biffboy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:03 pm

Peter Dalwood, please do us all a favour & go jump off a cliff!!!

Insinuating that the umpires got it wrong after a controversial decision cost Jervois the game in the ressies on the weekend is ludicrous! If a player jumps on the ball with no pressure on him, holds it in while absolutely no body has a hand on him then it should & always will be a free kick wether its in the goal square or in our back pocket. Even the majority of the Jervois players could t believe their eyes although the coaching staff who accosted the umpires clearly didn't see it that way. Not a good look having a number of senior members following them of the ground yelling abuse although not un-expected from them.

Go the Roosters!
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:20 pm

biffboy wrote:Peter Dalwood, please do us all a favour & go jump off a cliff!!!

Insinuating that the umpires got it wrong after a controversial decision cost Jervois the game in the ressies on the weekend is ludicrous! If a player jumps on the ball with no pressure on him, holds it in while absolutely no body has a hand on him then it should & always will be a free kick wether its in the goal square or in our back pocket. Even the majority of the Jervois players could t believe their eyes although the coaching staff who accosted the umpires clearly didn't see it that way. Not a good look having a number of senior members following them of the ground yelling abuse although not un-expected from them.

Go the Roosters!

I'm obviously neutral here and It was a very stiff free kick and they hadn't been paid all day, he wasn't actually on the ball and he couldn't do anything anyway. No one likes seeing a free kick like that decide a game. But hey that's footy.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:

Go the Roosters!

I'm obviously neutral here and It was a very stiff free kick and they hadn't been paid all day, he wasn't actually on the ball and he couldn't do anything anyway. No one likes seeing a free kick like that decide a game. But hey that's footy.

You must have been watching a different game grassy cos we had plenty of holding the ball calls go against us that were far less obvious. That free kick was justice after the amount of times we should have been awarded 50's for high shots. Even the goal that put them in front in the last few minutes was a holding the ball even when our bloke kicked it 15m while being tackled
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:32 pm

biffboy wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:

Go the Roosters!

You must have been watching a different game grassy cos we had plenty of holding the ball calls go against us that were far less obvious. That free kick was justice after the amount of times we should have been awarded 50's for high shots. Even the goal that put them in front in the last few minutes was a holding the ball even when our bloke kicked it 15m while being tackled

True regarding the high shots there's a certain no 37 I think it is for them that gets away with cheap shots most wks.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Been very quiet on here lately. Thought I'd start off with my predictions for this wk end.

Under 15's, Mypo v Meningie
By memory it's 1 all between the two teams through out the year, and if the bears can get over the line this will be a massive massive effort, as the boys have been playing with 8 under 13's each wk, a tremendous effort to get this far, but I think they can keep on going. Meningie by 7 points.

Under 17.5's
Ramblers v Taliem Bend
Only seen the two teams play once this yr and that was in the second semi when ramblers won convincingly, however I think the result will be reversed and Taliem to bring it home by 13 points

Ressies, Imps v Ramblers
Imps got the job done in the second semi and since that loss, ramblers where far from convincing last wk but had a couple of key players missing, T Mathews and Muffy. If they return it will be game on but if Muffy(looked like he was limping badly last wk) especially doesn't line up I think the Blues will win there 6th straight. Blues by 24 points

A Grade. Meningie v Ramblers
This will be a Massive game,
2 wins each throughout the year. I don't think the Bears have played 4 quarters yet this final series and if Fenton returns it's going to be a big inclusion since they last met. I'm hoping that with the massive contingent of bears supporters expected to be at the game, that will help get the boys over the line.
grasshopper22
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy