Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14/9)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

Postby Kahuna » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:34 pm

mal wrote:Anyone who plays at these levels of football is not a footballers arsehole.

Think you need to edit this bit , mal.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby maccad » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:34 pm

kickinit wrote:
maccad wrote:very disappointed with the power reserves winning today, could have handled losing to south (not that I think we will lose to the power reserves) but having to sit with one club supporters going on about where is your team in the afl and not hearing any smart ass comments out of them until they start kicking goals. It will make the win sweeter beating PP reserves but boy it will be unbearable if we were to lose watching all that teal blue celebrating their first magpies game in 15 years. Hopefully I am surrounded by norwood supporter and don't have to get in any arguments with power supporters.

You'll be happy then that your playing PORT ADELAIDE MAGPIES next week then

17 Power listed players wearing a magpies jumper does not make them magpies. In 3 weeks time 7 of them will told see you later.
maccad
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby wild dog » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Bad luck to South. My interest in the season is now over.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby RB » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:37 pm

southee wrote:Can hardly type .... Completely and utterly shattered tonight .

Worst feeling in the world ....still welling up in tears. :(

Just lost for words.

We've all been there southee, and it is shattering. It'll take a few days. All I can say is, your side is on the way up.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby dedja » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Only saw the first 3 quarters, South were clearly the best side in the first half but obviously Port won the game in the 3rd.

The fairytale ends but South have lots to look forward to in the coming years.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:43 pm

maccad wrote:
kickinit wrote:
maccad wrote:very disappointed with the power reserves winning today, could have handled losing to south (not that I think we will lose to the power reserves) but having to sit with one club supporters going on about where is your team in the afl and not hearing any smart ass comments out of them until they start kicking goals. It will make the win sweeter beating PP reserves but boy it will be unbearable if we were to lose watching all that teal blue celebrating their first magpies game in 15 years. Hopefully I am surrounded by norwood supporter and don't have to get in any arguments with power supporters.

17 Power listed players wearing a magpies jumper does not make them magpies. In 3 weeks time 7 of them will told see you later.

Being a power listed player also does not make the team Port Power. The thing that decides what they are called is what the team name is. As much as you must hate it, PAFC team in the SANFL is PORT ADELAIDE MAGPIES.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 pm

absolutely gutted...

yes we've come a long way in 12 months but to get so close and miss out is ... well its gutwrenching.

to any Port supporter who gets a a buzz out of watching your AFL reserves side , (who were saved from insolvency 3 yrs ago by the sanfl with yet another financial handout } scrape over the line against a team of battlers... Go and F--k yourselves :evil:
Last edited by blueandwhite on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby saintal » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Go back to bigfooty kickinit. Either that or give us some insight as to where the game was won today? Your better players?
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby RB » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:47 pm

kickinit wrote:The thing that decides what they are called is what the team name is.

At only the most superficial of levels. You can call your dog a horse; it's still a dog.
RB
Coach

Postby footywise » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:47 pm

what 7 do you think will go?

hitch
Harvey
butch
ex hawthorn ruckman
logan
Flynn
byrne-jones
footywise

Been liked: 6 times

Postby footywise » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:49 pm

blueandwhite wrote:absolutely gutted...

yes we've come a long way in 12 months but to get so close and miss out is ... well its gutwrenching.

to any Port supporter who gets a a buzz out of watching your AFL reserves side , (who were saved from insolvency 3 yrs ago by the sanfl with yet another financial handout } scrape over the line against a team of battlers... Go and F--k yourselves :evil:

Ordinary effort mate
footywise

Been liked: 6 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:50 pm

RB wrote:
kickinit wrote:The thing that decides what they are called is what the team name is.

At only the most superficial of levels. You can call your dog a horse; it's still a dog.

That is correct, you can call the magpies the power, but we are still the magpies.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby maccad » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:55 pm

kickinit wrote:
maccad wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Being a power listed player also does not make the team Port Power. The thing that decides what they are called is what the team name is. As much as you must hate it, PAFC team in the SANFL is PORT ADELAIDE MAGPIES.

Yes the team name is the magpies and the jumper is the magpies, but a majority of the those players are only playing for the magpies because they are power listed players. If they weren't power listed they would not be wearing the SANFL magpies jumper.
maccad
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby LPH » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Bad Luck SAFC ... a fine season, the Club's best (ironically) since the BIGGEST overhaul in SA Football - the advent of an AFL Team in 1991.

Personally, having supported this ORIGINAL SANFL (& SAFA) Football Club this year, I feel for the existing & long suffering supporters that have done so, long before I (& others) came to your Club. You should be very proud of your Club, its Players & its Coaching Staff.
To fall at the 'final hurdle', to a team full of Professionals is a bitter blow but you should be optimistic for 2015 & beyond.
Ultimately, (again, somewhat ironically) losing the 2 games to the 'other bunch of Professionals' probably cost you the Double Chance & quite possibly a shot @ the Flag next week.

You can stand tall, however, as your Club has been Principled, Valiant & more than Competitive throughout 2014.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Kahuna » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Maggies.jpg
Maggies.jpg (29.36 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
maccad wrote:
Yes the team name is the magpies and the jumper is the magpies, but a majority of the those players are only playing for the magpies because they are power listed players. If they weren't power listed they would not be wearing the SANFL magpies jumper.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby dedja » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:00 pm

What's Bronwyn Bishop got to do with all this?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Booney » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:00 pm

I thought I'd logged into a footy site but this place seems to be based on the pursuit of grammatical perfection.

See what happens when your season is finished and you've got so much time on your hands, you start to wander and stray.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby leggies » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:11 pm

southee wrote:Can hardly type .... Completely and utterly shattered tonight .

Worst feeling in the world ....still welling up in tears. :(

Just lost for words.

Mate... Us Norwood folk felt the same at the end of the 2010 grand final and look now.

You guys have come a bloody long way, you have some great players, an excellent coach and have hopefully gained a few supporters (new and returned ones.)

I know it doesn't help after being so close yet so far, but you guys earnt a hell of a lot of respect from across the whole of the SANFL.

I look forward to hopefully playing you in the grand final next year.

Losing a preliminary makes you even more hungry I believe for the following year.

You earnt my respect in 2014 as a genuine contender.
leggies
Under 16s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby mal » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:17 pm

Luv em or hate em
Port Reserves have improved the standard of football in the SANFL
They are a pleasure to watch
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1141 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby RB » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:23 pm

leggies wrote:Mate... Us Norwood folk felt the same at the end of the 2010 grand final and look now.

Us Eagles folk felt the same at the end of the 2010 Preliminary Final! (And like a bazillion Grand Finals) :)
RB
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL