HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Champ » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Banker wrote:I didnt see it myself, but I've heard that there was an article in the budget today that clarified the points situation and Echunga will still face relegation to Country div next year?

Yeah Owen strikes again.
Surely the league officials are under enough pressure than to actually have idiots passing comments. From the outside looking in its a bloody stupid idea to demote a club based on b'grade form! At least lofty did the right thing and were shit in both grades!
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Banker » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:22 pm

Champ wrote:
Banker wrote:I didnt see it myself, but I've heard that there was an article in the budget today that clarified the points situation and Echunga will still face relegation to Country div next year?

Yeah Owen strikes again.
Surely the league officials are under enough pressure than to actually have idiots passing comments. From the outside looking in its a bloody stupid idea to demote a club based on b'grade form! At least lofty did the right thing and were shit in both grades!

You must be hoping he writes another provocative article next Saturday Champ? ;)
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:44 pm

Anyone got a scan of the article?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby always there » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:52 am

Do you guys actually go to the footy? Seems like you don't considering you have not got a budget between you. Echunga will need to be relegated as are the rules and have been from the minute they stepped up to central. Who cares if the are grand finalists in A grade, they should get their money's worth from that side. Uraidla will teach them a lesson next week.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby The Panther » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:25 pm

How was the water at Brighton this morning "champ" ?
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Legs Man » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:45 pm

The article in the Budget should immediately preclude the author from any decision making with respect to relegation - full stop!
Echunga gained another 10 points yesterday so is now well off the bottom of the points table.
Common sense must now prevail and possible sanctions put in place to ensure this type of fiasco can not rear it's ugly head again.
Surely this is an opportunity for the truly responsible members of the HFL board to come to the fore and show some real direction for both Central and Country divisions.
They have the chance to make intelligent change moving forward - so let's hope they grasp it and not blow it - again!
As a member of the local footy community I was embarrassed to see the comments made in the Budget as I would hope the HFL is also.
The game yesterday was an absolute ripper and something the HFL should be proud of - not embarrassed by.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Legs Man wrote:The article in the Budget should immediately preclude the author from any decision making with respect to relegation - full stop!
Echunga gained another 10 points yesterday so is now well off the bottom of the points table.
Common sense must now prevail and possible sanctions put in place to ensure this type of fiasco can not rear it's ugly head again.
Surely this is an opportunity for the truly responsible members of the HFL board to come to the fore and show some real direction for both Central and Country divisions.
They have the chance to make intelligent change moving forward - so let's hope they grasp it and not blow it - again!
As a member of the local footy community I was embarrassed to see the comments made in the Budget as I would hope the HFL is also.
The game yesterday was an absolute ripper and something the HFL should be proud of - not embarrassed by.

Legs Man

Your posts over the past 2-3 months have clearly showed your unbridled passion for your club - well done. Sometimes they have made me smile and sometimes they have me shaking my head. But, I'm worried that your fixation on the HFL Board and promotion/relegation issue has become so consuming that it's now overriding the enjoyment you should be feeling over the achievement of your A grade team.

My advice is to just enjoy the week and support your boys.

Then, once it's over, let the relegation issue play itself out after Clubs receive the findings of the HFL Review Panel. You may have nothing to worry about. To keep sniping at the HFL Board, the Final Siren editor, or to cling to the forlorn hope that finals matches count in the points race just has you coming across as a little bit manic.

The efforts of the Echunga A grade team has been tremendous and have taken everyone by surprise. Good luck in the Grand Final, I'd love to see you beat the cabbage-cutters.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Legs Man » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:45 pm

Cheers Elmer - yes it's a great achievement and one to be really proud of.
I am sure my comments can seem relentless with respect to the governing body - and it is naturally something that is of great importance to our club.
When you see further comment made with respect to our club in what seemed an inappropriate manner it does not impress.
The week is one to enjoy and savour as they are few and far between.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby The Panther » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm

Don't worry , Legs man was enjoying the win back at the club last night.

Just for clarity the position of 4th bottom as stated in the Final Siren, is 7th out of ten ( 2 spots out of the finals ) .
The Panther
Under 16s

Postby The Panther » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:54 pm

So if these corrections could please be printed in this weeks Final Siren :

Echunga has done really well in their first season back in the Hills top flight competitiion with their :

A grade finishing 3rd from top at the end of the minor round
B grade finishing 9th from top
senior colts finishing 6th from top
junior colts finishing 7th from top
under 13's finishing 7th from top.
The Panther
Under 16s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:02 pm

always there wrote:Do you guys actually go to the footy? Seems like you don't considering you have not got a budget between you. Echunga will need to be relegated as are the rules and have been from the minute they stepped up to central. Who cares if the are grand finalists in A grade, they should get their money's worth from that side. Uraidla will teach them a lesson next week.

The rules say Bridgewater
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Legs Man » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:12 pm

And feeling worse for wear today as many of the clubs supporters surely are.
The players were ultra focused though and know the task is still ahead of us.
The last time the 2 GF sides met was the first match of the second round of matches so quite a bit has changed.
Etchings are playing an inspired style of footy which hopefully transpires into a great GF contest.
Uraidla have been the standout all season and certainly have the most to lose.
What a great result having the 2 red and blues playing off in the penultimate game.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:04 am

Legs Man wrote:What a great result having the 2 red and blues playing off in the penultimate game.

Out of interest, how did the jumpers match up when you played each other in the minor round? Lots of blue and red.....was an alternative jumper required ?
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:28 am

No probs re the jumpers as Echunga is predominantly red incl shorts and Uri's are predominantly blue.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby The Sorce » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:31 pm

Grand Final Week
Uraidla Vs Echunga -
Last year’s Central Div Premiers Vs Last year’s Country Div Premiers - should be an interesting clash as both teams have plenty of Grand Final experience over the past years. Both times these two have faced each other this year Uraidla has accounted for Echunga by 7 goals 7 points in the 1st round then 7 goals and 1 point in round 10. Looking at both rounds it seems as though Uraidla have had one and a bit explosive quarters but for rest of the game it seemed pretty even. So the question is can Echunga (on a smaller oval such as Hahndorf) be able to contain them for the full 4 quarters whilst still being able to play the same attacking style of play which has seen them allow to advance to a Grand Final. Liked what I have seen from Echunga over the past 2 weeks, however Uraidla have been the heavyweights of this competition for some years now will be a closer one than expected, tipping an upset and Echunga by 4 points.
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Very impressive finals series from Echunga, standings now:

Blackwood 311
Mount Barker 285
Uraidla Districts 268
Lobethal 212
Ironbank 211
Onkaparinga Valley 209
Hahndorf 207
Echunga 172
Torrens Valley 156
Bridgewater 154

The round 3 Junior Colts loss to Torrens Valley (the eventual wooden spooner) has turned out to be extremely costly for Bridgewater. Although you could point out any particular loss during the season when it is only a 2 point margin in the end.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Justquietly » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:45 pm

What?! Finals don't count towards Shield do they?
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Justquietly wrote:What?! Finals don't count towards Shield do they?

No they don't, but LGIL is hoping if he says they do enough, he'll convince others.......
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:

No they don't, but LGIL is hoping if he says they do enough, he'll convince others.......

Where does it say that they don't?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Howard » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:

Where does it say that they don't?

You're sounding more like Tony Abbott with every post, ie say something often enough and a lot of dumb people will end up believing you.

Teams not participating in finals are unable to accumalate points. So it's not fair.
When the hair on your arse starts to smell like burning grass - you're on fire!
Howard
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy