Congratulations Norwood

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Congratulations Norwood

Postby Pseudo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm

Congratulations Norwood: the best performed sovereign team in a compromised competition. What a shame that it will be forced to play a scratch match next week for the sake of getting game time into another league's reserve players, rather than earning its title in a Grand Final against another properly-matched sovereign team.

Congratulations South Adelaide: pure minor premiers, and thus the best performed team by the only possible measure between properly-matched sovereign teams. What a shame - and indeed farce - that the Panthers were forced to battle from fourth position on the compromised ladder.

I might have gone to next week's game as a matter of support for the league, had it been between two proper opponents. As it is, the season is now over. Thus ends the first year under occupation from that bastard eastern league. I look forward to when the interlopers leave - for whatever reason - and Our League is restored.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Re: Congratulations Norwood

Postby LPH » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Sadly, I fear that is a 'pipe dream' my friend :(
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby southee » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:51 pm

I definitely will not be at the GF this year .

The first one I have missed in a long long time.

No interest .

Absolute BS year !!!!!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby SimonH » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:02 am

The 2 best SANFL clubs in the finals series, never actually met each other in the finals series.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby Rising Power » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Get a petition going for a pure GF on 27th September. I'm sure the clubs and players involved will be up for it.

Edit: Sorry, Oct long weekend...
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby philcas » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Thanks for the award but Unfortuately it doesnt get us the Thomas Seymour cup.
we are not playing on a level playing field our salary cap is far less than the PAM's. this problem will be around for as long as afl reserves are playing in the SANFL Should the AFL side be successful it is more than likely follow in the SANFL.
So even with the new restrictions this wont change things much.
Very hard for local teams to match this the talent pool in the afl goes much deeper than SANFL can . Then you have the extra acces to training & medical facilities
yep good idea
SANFL clubs have to work 10 times harder to develop the juniors then the cream get drafted to afl clubs possibly play against them. They get 7 days a week to train & provided other opportunities to develop their future lifestyle after footbal
How can SANFL clubs compete with that with limited funds &resources.
philcas
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby Special One » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:34 pm

philcas wrote:Thanks for the award but Unfortuately it doesnt get us the Thomas Seymour cup.
we are not playing on a level playing field our salary cap is far less than the PAM's. this problem will be around for as long as afl reserves are playing in the SANFL Should the AFL side be successful it is more than likely follow in the SANFL.
So even with the new restrictions this wont change things much.
Very hard for local teams to match this the talent pool in the afl goes much deeper than SANFL can . Then you have the extra acces to training & medical facilities
yep good idea
SANFL clubs have to work 10 times harder to develop the juniors then the cream get drafted to afl clubs possibly play against them. They get 7 days a week to train & provided other opportunities to develop their future lifestyle after footbal
How can SANFL clubs compete with that with limited funds &resources.

At the same time mature age players get a second chance in the system. If it was the old system no one would have seen Shillabeer come on to the seen, young lads playing at the eagles coming from the saafl and so on. There are more benefits out of the new system. What I seen at prospect oval in round 18 was amazing there was passion and young kids wanted to be like north players and had photos with them. It's up to sanfl clubs to improve their community development, I've been told north Adelaide are rarely seen in schools these days in the country.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby SimonH » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:01 pm

Special One wrote:At the same time mature age players get a second chance in the system. If it was the old system no one would have seen Shillabeer come on to the seen, young lads playing at the eagles coming from the saafl and so on. There are more benefits out of the new system. What I seen at prospect oval in round 18 was amazing there was passion and young kids wanted to be like north players and had photos with them. It's up to sanfl clubs to improve their community development, I've been told north Adelaide are rarely seen in schools these days in the country.
Under "the old system" no mature-aged players were ever persuaded to come down from the country to play for a SANFL club, and no ammos ever got picked up in the SANFL? Good luck with that theory. And kids only wanted to hang around with North players, on a day when those North players were playing Centrals, because on some other weekend the North players got to play against the Crows' B team? Apart from that ridiculous idea, hard to know what possible relationship "the new system" has, to what you saw in round 18.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Board index   Football  SANFL